Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bionic break through Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 03 January 2018 19:23:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Robotic hands have been around for a while, but the next step of sensing the touch of something has arrived. See Link:

The feeling bionic hand

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

birdaj2
#2 Posted : 03 January 2018 21:58:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That sort of thing always gives me a chill.

Its wonderful they can do what they do but the sort of robot type finish they give these devices gives me the shivers.

Maybe its science saying we cannot reproduce what nature can but things like those "blade" type legs the athletes wear just keep flagging the acroynim "MMI" - man machine interface and the question "when will the human body become robocop".

I think its all very scary - maybe too many years watching the sort of films i do.

Interesting all the same but gives me shivers.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
stevegbr
#3 Posted : 03 January 2018 22:02:26

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

is it just me, or does that remind you of the terminator film.
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 03 January 2018 22:09:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wonderful what they can do, but I think that is Luke Skywalker.LOL

darbyvet
#5 Posted : 03 January 2018 22:13:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

stevegbr wrote:

Someone sells a terminator arm kit on ebay.It is cool looking but it would freak out my wife.Robi gives her the heebie jeebies.

Carl

birdaj2
#6 Posted : 03 January 2018 22:44:29

darbyvet wrote:
stevegbr wrote:

Someone sells a terminator arm kit on ebay.It is cool looking but it would freak out my wife.Robi gives her the heebie jeebies.

Carl

I can appreciate your wifes feelings.

While i think these things are amazing they still freak me out for some odd reason. Too many scfi films i think but the fact that science seems to follow the lines of the scfi films rather than nature.

Maybe that is were the cross over on life is - ie its easier to create scifi rather than nature.

And its still "weird" that to use the hand you have to wear a backpack of electronics.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach