Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

911 Slow off the Start Line Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 04 January 2018 16:01:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well in the end i gave in to the temptation and have ordered this one today.

There is not much else taking my fancy at the moment and with my short term sub to soverign now finished (had to replace all of the hull parts and this was the best way of doing it) i thought i would give this one ago.

Rather like the look of the parts in the official build and the £9.99 starting price so fingers crossed this one goes without any issues for me BigGrin
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 04 January 2018 16:27:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Me too. I have a detail set for the Pocher 1/8 Porsche that I am hoping I can use on this kit.

Carl

Metal Mech
#3 Posted : 04 January 2018 16:43:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love to get my hands on this kit one day. Too many other ones coming out that I want first. However If/when I do get it I am doing a “Death Race” version.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 04 January 2018 17:41:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

They say resistance is futile. LOL LOL LOL

Have fun Tony.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

birdaj2
#5 Posted : 04 January 2018 20:58:24

delboy271155 wrote:
They say resistance is futile. LOL LOL LOL

Have fun Tony.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Well for me Derek it will be the first time ever i have made a model car of this type. It has to appeal, and while some of the kits are fantastic they just do not grab my attention. This one does the more i have looked at it.

When first mentioned i was not overly keen on the white and red finish but having seen the official build updates have totally changed my mind.

I am not a driver and my knowledge of cars is just about zero (or less) so in terms of super detailing that will not be something i would try. But do you know what i am going to enjoy this. Only tools needed are a screwdriver and a bit of patience - its going to be a treat.

Hope your build goes well also.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 04 January 2018 21:12:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Have fun with the build TonyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#7 Posted : 04 January 2018 21:14:44

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Have fun with the build TonyCool

Andy

Many thanks and do you know i think i will enjoy this one. Work gets in the way of my hobby time and not having a dedicated space to build so this one means i can build on my knee almost so very much looking forward to getting my hands on the first parts.
Happy Modelling

magpie1832
#8 Posted : 04 January 2018 21:54:53

Look forward to seeing your build start when the parts arrive, you will definitely enjoy build it as am I.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

birdaj2
#9 Posted : 19 January 2018 19:48:17

FRIDAY 19th 2018 1:8 Porsche 911

Nice surprise to come home to last night in as much as my first instalment of the Porsche parts arrived 😊

As I am totally “clueless” when it comes to cars mine will be a straight build following the online instructions.

My diary will just be some details of how I have got on putting together the various parts and if I have run into any obstacles along the way.

PICTURE 1

My first set of parts. I am doing mine over the 24-month option so in my first pack I have received packs 1 through 4. All very nicely packed and no issues with this delivery.

What I did like is the fact they give you the screwdriver and tweezer at the start of this build and to be honest the supplied screwdriver is more than sufficient to put this together.

I was doubtful looking at the size of the screws but the screwdriver blade fits them all very well. Have a feeling it might be magnetised as well as it picks up the screws with just a touch.

PICTURES 2 & 3

A slight initial worry when I started to look at pack 1 and in particular the bonnet. At first glance it looked like there was a large scrape down one side but what this turned out to be was the plastic packing pressing down on the gloss finish and giving that impression.

The bonnet when removed from its packing so absolutely fine.

PICTURES 4 through 8

This part of the build is for the bonnet catch.

When first assembled it looked to me like the spring was too long as when together it was pushing sideways and looked totally wrong.

What I then looked at was the latch plates (the silver rectangle) and I could see it was flanged which in my book suggests the spring should sit in the hole rather than onto of it.

Using a very fine file I basically run this around the inside of the hole (being careful not to go to deep) to open up this area slightly.

When done the spring sits neatly into the hole and when the parts are together its all nice and straight (picture 7 and 8).

PICTURE 9

This is the latch plate now fitted to the bonnet.

PICTURES 10 & 11

And her is the bonnet with its very nice Porsche logo in place.

PICTURES 12 through 14

The first wheel now complete.

Really like how these go together. No need to be heating the rubber tyre in hot water or the like.

The wheel hub from and back press into place and then get secured by 3 screws.

PICTURES 15 Through 17

In packs 3 and 4 we get to start assembling the steering gear and make another brake disk and suspension unit.

And the final part of this first pack of parts is the first part of the chassis to which we assemble anti roll bars.

All in all, everything went together very well. You do need to check the instructions for the steering gear parts as there are quite a large number of parts to put together with a number of different screw types.

Looking forward now to my next instalment :-)
birdaj2 attached the following image(s):
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
Happy Modelling

TRGRichie
#10 Posted : 21 January 2018 12:36:20

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

you have the washer the wrong way round on the bonnet catch.
TRGRichie attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.35.43.png
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 21 January 2018 13:32:17

TRGRichie wrote:
you have the washer the wrong way round on the bonnet catch.

Many thanks for that.

I will correct this bit later.

Just as well it all comes apart or i would have had a problem .
Happy Modelling

TRGRichie
#12 Posted : 21 January 2018 13:45:43

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

no probs - mine turned up yesterday, and i nearly did the same :)
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
tigerace
#13 Posted : 21 January 2018 14:11:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start TonyBigGrin will be following BigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Spal
#14 Posted : 21 January 2018 17:25:50

Nice to see another of these started Tony BigGrin enjoy your build.

Al
arpurchase
#15 Posted : 21 January 2018 21:21:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start TonyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#16 Posted : 21 January 2018 23:50:39

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see you up and running with this build Tony, will be following.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#17 Posted : 22 January 2018 00:20:17

Off to a nice start Tony, Look forward to more updates.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.