Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages «<10111213>
Anakin Skywalker's Podracer Diorama Options
Markwarren
#221 Posted : 26 November 2018 23:10:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Many thanks for the kind comments.

I have now finished the electronics to run this diorama with spinning turbines, jet engine flames and lit up cockpit as well as sound effects. This was one task I was not looking forward to.Crying I decided to get this part of the build done before finishing the remaining diorama, and I’m glad I have. Now I can concentrate on the rest of the build without fretting about how I was going to make it all work.
In these pictures you can see I have adopted larger speakers. These give a much better sound with good base and clarity.
I have also finished programming the main sound board and it’s now all wired with small connectors making it easy to attach the top half to the base part. I still have the cable to do in the underside of the case where the cables from the podracer run through the tubes in the rock. But the hard part is now done, and everything works just fine. Yehhhhhh
Now back to modelling.
Cool ThumpUp
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 242.jpg
Photo 243.jpg
Photo 244.jpg
Gandale
#222 Posted : 26 November 2018 23:48:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Look well complicated Mark, pleased it all worked out for you in the end....Cool Cool ...Looks great

Regards

Alan
Spal
#223 Posted : 27 November 2018 04:40:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great job MarkBigGrin look forward to seeing it all in action once the build is complete.

Al
arpurchase
#224 Posted : 27 November 2018 07:44:19

BigGrin All looking good and nicely doneCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#225 Posted : 27 November 2018 08:19:08

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you for your comments, hopefully have it all up and running very soon.

Mark
Markwarren
#226 Posted : 03 December 2018 08:36:22

I have now painted the whole rock formation with burnt umber paint. I then added modelling sand, different grades and a few more small rocks. These were all glued in place and allowed to dry overnight before painting it all again with burnt umber. Once it was dry, I then used a combination of different coloured pigments and mixed them to a colour I was satisfied with. This was carefully brushed over the rocks before using lighter pigments to give the rocks a more realistic look. I have also used some scenic foliage in places to break things up a little.
The next step is to matt varnish the whole thing, starting with a very light dusting, so not to lose the sandy powdery look and seal in all the pigments and paint.
Then it will be to paint some lighter shades through the rock and sand areas to create light and shadow effect.
I know when I started this project I said there would be an Easter egg to find, well it is now in place. But…. Don’t try to find it as I have purposely hidden it from camera view and all will be revealed when complete.
More soon…..

Photo 223.jpg
Photo 224.jpg
Photo 225.jpg
Photo 226.jpg
Photo 227.jpg
Photo 228.jpg
Photo 229.jpg
Gandale
#227 Posted : 03 December 2018 09:37:50

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning work Mark, looks amazing.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Sticky Wickett
#228 Posted : 03 December 2018 10:24:36

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fantastic work Mark!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
pemberg
#229 Posted : 03 December 2018 15:06:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very impressive ground work Mark, looks so realistic.

Graeme
darbyvet
#230 Posted : 03 December 2018 16:41:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks amazing

Carl

tigerace
#231 Posted : 03 December 2018 18:15:32

FantasticDrool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#232 Posted : 03 December 2018 19:25:09

Many thanks for the kind comments guys, very much appreciated. Cool

Nemesis
#233 Posted : 03 December 2018 20:35:37

Just had a catch up, absolutely stunning!Drool Love Cool
Markwarren
#234 Posted : 03 December 2018 21:31:42

Thanks Nem for your support.

Mark
Spal
#235 Posted : 04 December 2018 00:31:43

Superbly done MarkCool really impressive work.

Al
Andreas
#236 Posted : 04 December 2018 09:04:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi Mark

Excellent work!, absolutely real!, just great!!BigGrin

Andreas
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
ian smith
#237 Posted : 08 December 2018 15:56:44

Back ground looks fantastic Mark, very well done. look forward to seeing it all put together. BigGrin Drool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Markwarren
#238 Posted : 08 December 2018 19:47:06

Many thanks for the kind words.BigGrin

Getting closer to the finishing line. I have matt varnished the diorama rock and applied some lighter sand colours to add shadow. I was very pleased with the result as I have retained the powdery sand feel. I have also removed all the masking tape and then sprayed a light coat of black paint around the edge to blend in with the base.
I have also finished the pod and engines and they are now ready to attach to the diorama. The only outstanding part left is to paint Anakin himself. I have also added some lighting to the front of the base where the brushed steel name plate will be backed with luminous Perspex to have a blue hue around the plate to match the blue lit switches.
I have also nearly completed the electronics as shown.
More very soon…
Photo 245.jpg
Photo 246.jpg
Photo 247.jpg
Photo 248.jpg
Photo 249.jpg
Photo 251.jpg
Photo 252.jpg
Photo 253.jpg
Photo 254.jpg
Photo 255.jpg
Photo 256.jpg
Photo 257.jpg
Photo 258.jpg
Gandale
#239 Posted : 08 December 2018 21:03:25

All looking very impressive Mark, top notch work....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#240 Posted : 08 December 2018 21:40:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Superb work, looking very impressive

Graeme