Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Andreas Modified R2D2 Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 14 January 2018 09:43:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi everbody

Now, i´am happy starting my next Star wars Project,by building R2D2 and bring him to "life".BigGrin
If you are a Star wars fan ,this little guy is “must have”.

My R2D2 will not keep his origin "appearence", i wan´t to modify him from the beginning.This with traces of use and everything that goes with it. At the end i wan´t him to look like the pic below. I know it is going to be still a long way to go,but try to give my best. Before i started I studied the project and all its Parts till now . I do not wan´t to make any Mistakes by losing or braking Parts. My first step was ordering AS-20 which we used on the Millenium Falcon to change the base color. First, I familiarized myself with all the issues and components before i started changing anything. Now i have allready changed the appearence of some components that they look “used” and “scratched”. All electronic components i received till now,are working like they must do without any Problems.
I am quite happy with my Results till now and can´t wait for the next issues.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 14 January 2018 10:33:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely work Andreas, he’s weathering up beautifully. I see you have weighed the leg, wait until you have the foot section build, it certainly has some weight to it then.BigGrin ThumpUp

Mark
Andreas
#3 Posted : 14 January 2018 11:01:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Markwarren wrote:
Lovely work Andreas, he’s weathering up beautifully. I see you have weighed the leg, wait until you have the foot section build, it certainly has some weight to it then.BigGrin ThumpUp

Mark

Thank you mark for for your kind comments.BigGrin

I will not achieve your R2D2 abilities, but I'll stick to your tips if you do not mind.I like to learn something new again, as it is in life you never stop learning something new.I just love it what you are doing with that little guy!

Regards Andreas
Forum Support Team
pemberg
#4 Posted : 14 January 2018 15:07:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great job Andreas, looking really good.

Graeme
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 14 January 2018 19:57:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking very niceCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Andreas
#6 Posted : 21 April 2018 05:25:41

After getting some deliveries, I was able to finish at least the right leg of R2D2. The tests with the projector went perfectly well. by showing up Luke Skywalker. Here I also "tested" Leia. I have now built until issue 40. The next issues have been announced, so it can go on soon.BigGrin

Forum Support Team
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 21 April 2018 07:27:52

BigGrin Looking good and starting to come together nicelyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#8 Posted : 21 April 2018 08:20:21

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking excellent Andreas. Nice work on the weathering.ThumpUp

Mark
Andreas
#9 Posted : 13 May 2018 06:25:03

Hi everybody

While i was studying the official build from Andy , I noticed that the black frame on the dome is visible when the flap of the light saber storage cylinder is open. The black color from the frame as well as a part of the Light saber storage cylinder does not fit so well into the overall picture of the R2 with it black color. The frame and the light saber storage cylinder  were therefore now painted silver. Just to make the inner "life" of R2 a little bit more realisticBigGrin when the flap is open . If now the flap opens you look at a silver inner life. I am just a little bit behind with my built,but i want to take time. The modified Light saber is going to be my "biggest" Job wherefore i spent the most of time.

Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#10 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:05:17

Great idea, it does make a big difference. BigGrin Love ThumpUp

Mark
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 13 May 2018 09:08:04

BigGrin Looking good and nice workCool

Spudtrooper37
#12 Posted : 13 May 2018 22:37:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking great Andreas, might have to steal your idea regards the lightsaber 😉
Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
- Building : X-Wing https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=34899
Ritchie69
#13 Posted : 14 May 2018 18:13:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good, great idea for the dome frame & lightsaber casing ThumpUp

Peter
Completed - R2D2
TRGRichie
#14 Posted : 14 May 2018 20:29:46

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking really nice, will be following your progress.

Rich
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
pemberg
#15 Posted : 14 May 2018 20:45:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice work Andreas, looks great, nice idea painting the lightsaber tube silver.

Graeme
Andreas
#16 Posted : 21 May 2018 07:57:49

I now finally started modifying the laser sword. So that the sword also later fits in the cylinder, the individual components must all be processed. The rear tail Part A of the sword is removable. This is held by magnets. So I can always change the batteries from the Sword. I first drilled the second Part B with the lathe. All components are going to be drilled to 10 mm inner diameter, so that the glass cylinder with the light fibers fits through. The elektronic parts now fits into Part B . The next step is to drill Part C so that it fits over the electronik and is applied to component B. Then I drill a hole from above through component C so that I can extend the on / off button of the sword. The rest should actually go easy. I once put the whole sword in the storage cylinder for a test, and it fits very well. I think it should work. Also I can change the colors here, the colored LED of the sword i changed by a white led. The choice of colors now is green, blue and red. The colors of the components sometimes suffer slightly during processing. But everything is going to be powder-coated in the right colors at the end of the process.

Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#17 Posted : 21 May 2018 08:07:07

Coming on nicely Andreas, really like the red. Looking forward to seeing it complete.Love

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#18 Posted : 21 May 2018 12:05:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I can see a lot of thought and effort has gone ito this. Liking what you are doing tho! I suppose to be factual, the bluey/white is the correct colour as only the baddies have red! Having said that, i too prefer the red BigGrin
delboy271155
#19 Posted : 21 May 2018 13:33:30

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Nice modifications. Well done.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

pemberg
#20 Posted : 21 May 2018 20:23:37

Great job with the lightsaber, it will be very impressive.

Graeme