Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Andreas Modified R2D2 Options
TRGRichie
#21 Posted : 21 May 2018 20:34:41

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Another interesting update

Rich
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
Gandale
#22 Posted : 21 May 2018 22:28:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Loving the mods Andreas, looking superb....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Andreas
#23 Posted : 27 May 2018 09:54:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Thanks everybody, I appreciate it very much.
Artoo is the favorite next to my Millennium Falcon. I just want try to get him perfect.Spending lot of time in planning and try everything out before I assemble anything. Mistakes are made quickly, and often hard to correct. Sometime i feel
that the Lightsaber is a "lifetime" job.BigGrin But now finally it´s going to its end. Just 2 parts must be done. Just to give the lightsaber a bit off "appearance" i added some small Brass Details. I rebuilt the lightsaber that it is now possible to change the colors into blue,red and green. Also the length was kept so that the lightsaber fits in the ejection cylinder. Now i can go on with building Artoo himselfBigGrin

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
arpurchase
#24 Posted : 27 May 2018 14:24:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking very nice and great workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#25 Posted : 27 May 2018 19:59:29

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

You’ve been playing LOL LOL . Thant is great work, looks the biz.Love

Mark
semaj
#26 Posted : 27 May 2018 22:00:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

nice! wish i had thought of painting the frame parts silver around the saber tube. nice idea that. i hope someone comes up with some sort of 'shroud' aswell, just to fill the empty space from the dome down to the tube rather than it just been open into the inside of the dome.( i hope that makes sense??) kind of like a funnel under the flap or something?

love what you done with the saber too, neat work!
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Andreas
#27 Posted : 01 July 2018 06:51:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

When i started with R2 - d2 i decided to order everything twice. I wanted to make sure that everything is there when i start my "Winter" project.Now i passed issue 60 and it looks good for my "future" Project. I want to built R2-Q5. As known R2-Q5 was stationed on the second Death Star over Forest Endor after the Battle of Yavin. He was preoccupied with maintenance work on TIE fighters, theta shuttles and space station weapons. The Technics to r2 are the same,but i think some other Mod´s may be possible. Still got some time to think about. I have the opportunity by a friend to have the parts black powder-coated. The black of the R2-Q5 I would like to make real as possible. The copper should not be a problem. Think it would be funny when two of these Androids move around in the house

Forum Support Team
arpurchase
#28 Posted : 01 July 2018 07:38:16

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#29 Posted : 01 July 2018 07:54:37

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

What a nice pair of legs. Looking good.ThumpUp

Mark
Andreas
#30 Posted : 13 July 2018 07:59:09

Hi everybody
Working on my favorite model againBigGrin

Now while i am enjoying the holiday,i started with Modifying R2D2 Back side of his body.The dome is not on its right place,but i just want to check how he looks later on.Nice to see how parts get together.

Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#31 Posted : 13 July 2018 10:27:50

Nice work Andreas. It is certainly coming together now.Cool

Mark
Andreas
#32 Posted : 15 November 2018 11:39:59

Hi everybody

Now that I'm slowly recovering from long illness, I can devote myself to what I like most, my models.BigGrin I have now finished the weathering on all parts, and provisionally assembled. Currently a now finished issue 90. Looking forward to the last 10 issues, and can not wait for the "little one" is finally running and he makes the first sounds.

Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#33 Posted : 15 November 2018 13:07:47

Glad you are feeling better, and the little fella looking great. Cool

Mark
pemberg
#34 Posted : 15 November 2018 13:33:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good to hear you are feeling better. Your R2 is looking great.

Graeme
Andreas
#35 Posted : 05 January 2019 13:12:27

Hi everybody

Yes, Santa Claus was good to me. While I´am waiting for my last issue 100,
I was surprised to find this little one under the Christmas tree.BigGrin

This is R2D2 from Sphero. App controlled he can do almost nearly everything his „big brother“ can. Control lights available, Patrol mode, all sounds and more. A funny guy. Accus are charged via USB in one hour and so he can roll around in the house for 2 hours. The weighs is 800gr, and is very well made. Also, the dome is made of aluminum. All details are very well worked out. Will first pass the time with him until the issue 100 arrives.

For the lunch break in the office a nice toy.BigGrin

Forum Support Team
CaptnBirdseye
#36 Posted : 05 January 2019 14:35:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin So if you make R2-Q5, that will be 3 droids in your household ThumpUp
Are you thinking of going into mass production LOL
Yet another great update Andreas, always a joy to read your diaries Cool

Regards Gray
Andreas
#37 Posted : 05 January 2019 16:22:48

Thanks Gray I appreciate it very much.

I can not do any more modifying.The last mod's is internal lighting of its storage compartments. I have installed fiber optics with a running light module. This does not disturb the R2D2 in its functions, the whole has a separate power supply.
Also, I can switch the light separately.I only took three colors Blue,Red and white. Don´t want to let him shine like a Christmas tree.BigGrin

best Andreas

Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#38 Posted : 05 January 2019 17:16:59

Nice work, love the extra lighting.Love

Mark
Andreas
#39 Posted : 05 January 2019 18:08:53

Thanks Mark!BigGrin

and that we should not get out of the rhythm, just push BB8 afterwardsBigGrin

Regards Andreas
Forum Support Team
Andreas
#40 Posted : 17 December 2021 11:49:51

My two droids are among my favorites. So that they are not exposed to dust forever, I got two showcases. A diorame is now being created for both of them. First, I looked for the right backgrounds and had a print made. Now I take care of the soil, stones, living things etc, etc. First of all, it is important that they are no longer exposed to dust.Printers are running to get all the creatures i need for the BottomBigGrin

Forum Support Team