Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
off to the races Options
magpie1832
#21 Posted : 15 February 2018 19:46:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice work Carl. Looks good.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

TRGRichie
#22 Posted : 24 February 2018 21:47:53

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good, great to see your enjoying the build
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
darbyvet
#23 Posted : 02 March 2018 17:54:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

finished up to stage 20 now.No need so far for the Porsche detail set.it was a bit fiddly connecting the spark plug wires, but everything went together fine.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
911-5.jpg
911-6.jpg
911-7.jpg
roymattblack
#24 Posted : 02 March 2018 18:37:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Great so far.
Keep it coming.

The only mod I really would suggest to anyone at this stage would be to replace the central fan screw with a small hex-bolt if you can get one.
Equally, a similar fixing for the coil on the 'outer' side.

The black screws are fine.
No complaints there but little hex bolts will make a world of difference.
A bit of Googling will find them.

If you can't locate any, paint the screws silver so they don't show so much.
You'll be surprised at the difference.
Markwarren
#25 Posted : 02 March 2018 19:14:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Carl, it’s coming on very nicely.

Mark
darbyvet
#26 Posted : 02 March 2018 19:47:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

roymattblack wrote:
Great so far.
Keep it coming.

The only mod I really would suggest to anyone at this stage would be to replace the central fan screw with a small hex-bolt if you can get one.

Thats a great idea.I have some hex screws somewhere that may fit

Carl
Spal
#27 Posted : 03 March 2018 00:51:23

Progressing well Carl BigGrin looks to be another great car kit.

Al
TRGRichie
#28 Posted : 03 March 2018 11:44:29

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

roymattblack wrote:
Great so far.
Keep it coming.

Hi Roy, any chance of posting a link to these hex bolts?

Rich.
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
roymattblack
#29 Posted : 03 March 2018 11:52:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

You can get all kinds of miniature fixings here:

https://prime-miniatures.co.uk/

Roy.
CaptnBirdseye
#30 Posted : 23 March 2018 12:01:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Loving that engine Carl, so can't imagine what would be in that Porsche Detail kit

Great update.

Sticky Wickett
#31 Posted : 23 March 2018 14:46:50

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work so far Carl. Tempted to get this as a future project.

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
darbyvet
#32 Posted : 03 April 2018 15:37:24

Month4 arrived and is now finished.In this month we do the rear suspension and gearbox.Everything fit very well.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
porsche911-41.jpg
porsche911-42.jpg
porsche911-43.jpg
Spal
#33 Posted : 03 April 2018 16:34:40

Its looking impressive Carl Cool nicely done.

Al
darbyvet
#34 Posted : 03 April 2018 17:50:27

thanks Al really enjoying this kit

Carl

RM1
#35 Posted : 04 April 2018 06:29:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking very nice , Carl. I'm enjoying watching this build.
Malc.
Markwarren
#36 Posted : 04 April 2018 07:53:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming together very nicely Carl, great work.Cool

Mark
TRGRichie
#37 Posted : 05 April 2018 19:23:33

One the one hand it's great to see these lovely pics of your porsche build, looks spot on btw, but on the other hand I have to be patient and wait for issue 4 BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

And I'm rubbish at waiting! LOL

Rich.
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
darbyvet
#38 Posted : 05 April 2018 19:48:27

TRGRichie wrote:
One the one hand it's great to see these lovely pics of your porsche build, looks spot on btw, but on the other hand I have to be patient and wait for issue 4 BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Rich.

Me too!!! its exciting to see the next months worth of parts on the official build, but then I want my parts to arrive right away so I can build mine.Its going together really nicely so far and I like the 12 month build time-You get plenty of parts each month AND you dont have to wait so long to finish the model.

TRGRichie
#39 Posted : 05 April 2018 20:35:18

darbyvet wrote:
TRGRichie wrote:

Rich.

Me too!!! its exciting to see the next months worth of parts on the official build, but then I want my parts to arrive right away so I can build mine.Its going together really nicely so far and I like the 12 month build time-You get plenty of parts each month AND you dont have to wait so long to finish the model.

The month detween issues is good as it gives me time to customise and tinker.... just this time I'm finished ahead of schedule, so will have to wait.

Rich
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Gandale
#40 Posted : 05 April 2018 21:43:21

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Carl, lovely work....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan