Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Issue 53 Sensor Test - My Results Options
Horlicks2018
#21 Posted : 28 January 2018 18:26:14

Groups: Registered

Hi, Thought i would just finish up this topic personally and help those that still have issues... I have recieved my replacemnt sensor Control board (issue 52) and with a plank of wood i am now getting the results the magazine says, at 500mm the light comes on and not before. So all along the control board was my problem. If your sensors are ticking then they are likely to be fine and dont need to be replaced. Just the control board itself.

Admin- just like to appogize for all the confusion, the only reason i wanted clarification if it should do what the mag says was so i didnt have to order replacements if it was likely not to be a real issue that the sensor activated early being a test operation and it felt like i wasnt getting an answer. But all is good now and i have shared my reults so others know. :-)
Horlixs

#CRAFT #BUILD #CREATE

My Youtube
PartworkUpgrades

arpurchase
#22 Posted : 28 January 2018 18:48:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Glad to hear you have now got the required results and thanks for passing on your findingsCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

LSainsbury
#23 Posted : 28 January 2018 21:59:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Horlicks2018 wrote:
Hi, Thought i would just finish up this topic personally and help those that still have issues... I have recieved my replacemnt sensor Control board (issue 53) and with a plank of wood i am now getting the results the magazine says, at 500mm the light comes on and not before. So all along the control board was my problem. If your sensors are ticking then they are likely to be fine and dont need to be replaced. Just the control board itself.

Admin- just like to appogize for all the confusion, the only reason i wanted clarification if it should do what the mag says was so i didnt have to order replacements if it was likely not to be a real issue that the sensor activated early being a test operation and it felt like i wasnt getting an answer. But all is good now and i have shared my reults so others know. :-)

Thanks for the update Horlicks2018
Horlicks2018
#24 Posted : 28 January 2018 22:52:12

LSainsbury wrote:
Horlicks2018 wrote:
Hi, Thought i would just finish up this topic personally and help those that still have issues... I have recieved my replacemnt sensor Control board (issue 52) and with a plank of wood i am now getting the results the magazine says, at 500mm the light comes on and not before. So all along the control board was my problem. If your sensors are ticking then they are likely to be fine and dont need to be replaced. Just the control board itself.

Thanks for the update Horlicks2018

Thats ok ps i meant issue 52 i have amended post :-)
Horlixs

#CRAFT #BUILD #CREATE

My Youtube
PartworkUpgrades

semaj
#25 Posted : 02 February 2018 18:12:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just adding a personal update from the problems i was having.

I ordered replacement parts which arrived yesterday. Immediately set about testing, and i was having the same problem as before. I tried all sorts of combinations of the boards and sensors with varying results.

I then got fed up and when i was trawling you tube i watched a few of the recent japanese videos, i noticed that r2 moves quite quickly, and this gave me an idea. I tried 1 more time with the replacement parts, moving my object a bit quicker - mimicking the rough speed on the videos.

SUCCESS!!

My blue light activates at 500mm ish. So i decided to give my original set of boards a try, sadly that was still the same. Swapped back to the new one just to make sure it wasnt a fluke, and it worked perfectly. So something was deffinately wrong with my original boards.

Thus endeth my drama and i am now a happy bunny.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
arpurchase
#26 Posted : 02 February 2018 18:27:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Glad you got your test sorted now and well doneCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

semaj
#27 Posted : 02 February 2018 19:09:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Glad you got your test sorted now and well doneCool

Thanks for everything. It was my fault all along, and im sorry for the aggro i caused. My original board does have some sort of fault on it as no matter what i do the light comes on very early, sometimes it stays on. The new board works as it should.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'