Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Templates for Victory Cross Section? Options
Spellbot5000
#1 Posted : 26 January 2018 09:06:00

Groups: Registered

I recently received the HMS Victory cross-section full model. So it doesn't come with the magazines anymore, we just have to use the PDF manual?

And if that's the case, are more templates available to download and print off? I see there is a rib template to download, but what about the pump position template, or the gun port template? I can understand not getting the magazines anymore, but not including templates needed for the construction seems like a major oversight.

Does anyone know if these templates exist and are available to download anywhere?
Tomick
#2 Posted : 26 January 2018 09:57:16

Groups:

The pump template and a few others are part of the instructions pages.
If you print the relevant pages 1:1 you’ll then have a copy of the templates to cut out.

The media team will add the gunport template onto download page in the next few days.

The rib template as you say is already within the downloads to print off.

Spellbot5000
#3 Posted : 27 January 2018 05:21:23

Thanks for the info!

Although it would be nice for future builders if you included some printouts of the templates in the kit, for those without easy access to a printer.
GilShapley
#4 Posted : 28 January 2018 16:40:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I purchased the full kit a while ago (I have just finished my build diary)
At the time I purchased the kit it came with all the Mags including the templates required for various stages. If you would like me to send you copies of the templates i used send me your details via a message.

I did have a similar issue with my RB7 build in so far as the instruction came in the form of a download. The download is in a PDF format the same as the XSection. So rather than download and print I transferred the PDF files to my tablet and used that as the instruction manual. The one advantage I found with this was the ability to enlarge the pictures included with the build instruction, useful sometimes for clarity.

There is of course the official build diary and some members build diaries to help.

Good luck with your build

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Spellbot5000
#5 Posted : 29 January 2018 00:43:25

Thanks for the offer, but I should be okay. I printed out the PDF pages with the templates, so those should be good. I actually took the screenshot of the gunport template from the PDF, rotated it and resized it in photoshop to match the dimensions it listed, and then printed it. It may be a little off, but if so like Tomick said there should be an official template up for download in a few days.
Tomick
#6 Posted : 29 January 2018 16:12:22

Groups:

The gunport template download is now on the HMS Victory cross-section "The Build" page..

https://www.model-space....s-section-full-kit.html