Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <12345>
Trev's HMS Victory Build Options
travoski
#41 Posted : 14 February 2018 10:43:31

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

[quote=Gibbo]Yeah that 1mm just leaves you a little room for manouvre, as for the pine fillers that's one tough material to sand, can you not order some Balsa online ?
http://www.cornwallmodel...atalog/balsa-block.html[/quote]

Hi
Unfortunately online shops here are far and few between most won't ship one item only or will charge a lot for shipping as for ordering from overseas shipping is sometimes the same as the item you buy or even more the price of the Victory paint set from modelspace is 24Pounds and the shipping is 30pounds cornwall model boats is a great shop I have looked at their site
Regards
Trevor
If my ship's going down,I'm bloody well getting off
Garth
#42 Posted : 15 February 2018 14:03:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Trevor,

Just been going through your build. Its coming along nicely - great job on the planking.

Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
CaptnBirdseye
#43 Posted : 15 February 2018 18:21:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Trevor,
Loving your build. Have the Lego workmen gone on strike, as we haven't seen them lately LOL
Keep up the good work Cool

Regards
Gray
travoski
#44 Posted : 17 February 2018 08:03:26

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Hi Trevor,
Loving your build. Have the Lego workmen gone on strike, as we haven't seen them lately LOL
Keep up the good work Cool

Regards
Gray

A few more of the lazy good for nothing swabs
travoski attached the following image(s):
DSCN0765.JPG
Big Guns Speech.jpg
DSCN0768.JPG
Markwarren
#45 Posted : 17 February 2018 08:56:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on very nicely Trevor.BigGrin

Mark
travoski
#46 Posted : 18 February 2018 13:03:43

Hi All
A little progress busy planking above middle gun deck then more gun port cutting II also have a cannon production line going on the side,oh I also assembled the supplied stand but she will go back on the home made "shipyard" for a little while.A question if I may is there any reason I cannot start the gun port linings in between waiting for glue to dry on the planks.
Regards
Trevor
DSCN0769.JPG
DSCN0770.JPG
DSCN0771.JPG
Gandale
#47 Posted : 18 February 2018 13:09:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Trevor, well done....Cool Cool .. Can't see any reason why you can't do the gun port linings as you go along.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#48 Posted : 18 February 2018 13:38:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Nice progress and looks good.

Cool Cool Cool

Congrats on your "Blue" medal for running a diary. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

travoski
#49 Posted : 18 February 2018 13:48:41

Hi All
Thanks for the comments guys
Regards
Trevor
travoski
#50 Posted : 18 February 2018 13:51:36

Hi All again just seen I have been promoted the missus will have to call me sir soon
Regards
Trevor
travoski
#51 Posted : 22 February 2018 06:50:43

Issue 29
Hi All
Finished planking as per issue 28,marking out upper gunports I have discovered I have made a mistake on the lower gunports one of the forward gunports is supposed to be in the centre of the two rails as per the attached photo I marked,so the way I see it I have three options 1) leave it as is and mark the top one the same(not sure if this will interfere with other stuff later on)2) cut it bigger to the right as per the photo and try to fill in on the left hand side,3) try to fill it in and then re-cut it again.I would appreciate any help and advice on how to proceed
Regards
Trevor
DSCN0775.JPG
DSCN0776.JPG
z8000783
#52 Posted : 22 February 2018 08:13:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Hi Trevor

It will certainly look odd as the ports lie between the ones above and below. Have you decided what type
of finish you are going for yet, paint or bare wood with stain perhaps?

If painting, it should be fairly straightforward to go with option 3, widen the port out to its correct position
and use some spare planking to cover the gap. Then fill any gaps in the planks, rub down and paint. It should
look fine after that. Filling in first and then cutting may be tricky since the planks will not be substantially
fitted as the originals were.

travoski
#53 Posted : 22 February 2018 08:40:22

Hi John
Thanks for your advise,I think I am going to paint my model,so I guess anything I do will be hidden by the paint I was thinking option two cut bigger and fill in to the left as you suggested as well
Regards
Trevor
Gandale
#54 Posted : 22 February 2018 09:24:55

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Trevor,

If it were me I would look to carefully remove the two short planks running between the ports to the left of the problem port. Widen the problem port on the right side then cut and fit the two new planks between the ports, this way it would only leave you with a small gap to fit just above the two new planks you've just fitted. Repair done and unlikely to be noticed....Cool Cool .. Hope this helps.

Also, can you ensure the pics you upload are set to 650 x 480 pixels in size, the would allow members to see the pics and read your text without the need to scroll across the screen.

Regards

Alan
travoski
#55 Posted : 22 February 2018 10:25:55

Gandale wrote:
Hi Trevor,

If it were me I would look to carefully remove the two short planks running between the ports to the left of the problem port. Widen the problem port on the right side then cut and fit the two new planks between the ports, this way it would only leave you with a small gap to fit just above the two new planks you've just fitted. Repair done and unlikely to be noticed....Cool Cool .. Hope this helps.

Also, can you ensure the pics you upload are set to 650 x 480 pixels in size, the would allow members to see the pics and read your text without the need to scroll across the screen.

Regards

Alan

Ok sorry about the pics I don't know what happened I normally set the pics to 144kb which I read is the max size of pic the last couple I did the text on top in photoshop it must have saved in a different size
Regards
Trevor
travoski
#56 Posted : 22 February 2018 10:39:47

Hi All
I have had a look at my pics they are 640x480 half the time I cannot see the pics on my diary and sometimes they open as large pics and sometimes as small so I am not sure what is going on weather it is me or the site
Regards
Trevor
Gandale
#57 Posted : 22 February 2018 11:43:04

travoski wrote:
Hi All
I have had a look at my pics they are 640x480 half the time I cannot see the pics on my diary and sometimes they open as large pics and sometimes as small so I am not sure what is going on weather it is me or the site
Regards
Trevor

Looks like your treasure pic in post #51 is larger and is the one causing the problem. Rest of your pics now look ok....

Cheers

Alan
travoski
#58 Posted : 22 February 2018 11:58:37

Gandale wrote:
travoski wrote:
Hi All
Regards
Trevor

Looks like your treasure pic in post #51 is larger and is the one causing the problem. Rest of your pics now look ok....

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan I have deleted the post now things seem to be back to normal
Regards
Trevor
travoski
#59 Posted : 23 February 2018 07:36:24

Hi All
A little progress has been made,I have repaired the miscut bottom gun port and cut the top row on the starboard side now to do the port side
Regards
Trevor
DSCN0777.JPG
DSCN0778.JPG
z8000783
#60 Posted : 23 February 2018 07:44:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Looks fine, Trevor. I'm sure once it's rubed down, only you will know it's there.