Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
Trev's HMS Victory Build Options
travoski
#81 Posted : 06 March 2018 11:28:45

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi All
Been running silent for a few days the stern planking was driving me crazy I have done the first 4 rows not too happy with the stern maybe some filler and sanding may sot it out they do say "if you don't get a perfect fit it will be covered up later in the build"anyway I have started to do the gun port linings will do a bit of this then carry on planking as it is very tedious
Regards
Trevor
travoski attached the following image(s):
DSCN0793.JPG
DSCN0795.JPG
DSCN0794.JPG
DSCN0796.JPG
If my ship's going down,I'm bloody well getting off
Gibbo
#82 Posted : 06 March 2018 12:00:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Getting there Trevor, looking good mate.
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gandale
#83 Posted : 06 March 2018 14:59:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Trev,

Planking looks good but am afraid to say from what I see, your shaping of the stern, under the gallery planks has a long way to go and really needs to be rectified before you bend your planks around this area. Have a close look at DaDokta's pics he posted earlier, notice how his stern area has been sanded right down to where the stern post will sit, parts 34 on either side of the stern post are just about sanded away completely... Look also at the pics in the Official build for Issue 20....

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=814

Hope this helps..

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#84 Posted : 06 March 2018 18:07:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI Trev!

The prime directive is that all your planks should follow the frames at any time - so to make that sure you either have to adjust the frames or you have to bend the planks accordingly - whatever seems right!

Looking at your pics, one can see that the stern planks don`t adhere to the frames espescially on the downward side.

SO either you would have to apply more twist to the plank or sand the frames.

Also looking at the pics of your bow: I can see the same problem - the last two planks should start to turn upwards - there`s also a gap between the planks and the frames at the keelward sides.

Maybe you can leave at like that.
But at least from the next plank on you will have to work with droppers and filler planks (if that`s the right english word) -i`ll add some pics to show you what i mean.

Kepp up the good work!
DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_3047.jpg
IMG_3048.jpg
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)