Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages <1234>»
Hanomag SS100 mit Vergeltungswaffe 2 und seinem Meillerwagen und Brennstand Options
CaptnBirdseye
#21 Posted : 01 March 2018 10:48:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looking good Jase Love

You say the decal set is in white. Does that mean you are going for the prototype version rather than the full camo look?

Regards
Gray
jase
#22 Posted : 01 March 2018 13:15:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Looking good Jase Love

You say the decal set is in white. Does that mean you are going for the prototype version rather than the full camo look?

Regards
Gray

Not saying 😬🤣😂

Actualy towards the end of the war the rockets were predominantly all black but I am not doing one of them 🤭
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
CaptnBirdseye
#23 Posted : 01 March 2018 14:01:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ah, playing our cards close to our chest are we Sneaky???
Well we will just have to wait and see then Cool.

regards
Gray
jase
#24 Posted : 01 March 2018 17:55:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks everybody for looking in.

I have updated the first post with the relevant build info
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
tigerace
#25 Posted : 01 March 2018 17:58:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It looks very delicate JaseBigGrin great job so farDrool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

jase
#26 Posted : 02 March 2018 20:20:19

tigerace wrote:
It looks very delicate JaseBigGrin great job so farDrool regards PhilCool

Thanks Phil, yep does not look like you can plonk a whopping great balletic missile on it does itLOL

-Mark Twain
jase
#27 Posted : 02 March 2018 20:22:23

next up will be the Hanomag SS100. If you would like to know what this would have sounded like and what it would have been like to travel in one you may like this video Drool

Note the loverly wooden interia which was standard on this vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-HLH8mD67U

Jase
-Mark Twain
jase
#28 Posted : 03 March 2018 20:46:26

The Hanomag SS-100 is a large potion of the overall kit, in all 8 sprue and 7 tyres plus the additional etch. The vehicle itself is surprisingly large the engine block is 7cm longs. Inspection of the parts reviews lots of detail and I have already decided I will be getting another Hanomag SS-100 kit so I can build it in a post war commercial livery.

I am building this stage by stage as played out in the instruction. The build starts with construction of the exhaust and manifold along with one half of the chassis being attached to the front bumper. Immediately I can see that we are running the risk of fit issues as there is nothing to aid the parts alignment. In this first step the exhaust should be attached to the chassis girder but there was no way I could balance the small connecting points so left it until later.

The second step is putting together the ending block. the engine has plenty of detail. There is only one location point to aid alignment so don't use a quick drying glue as you need some time to align the two halves. I also needed to clamp it to get a gap free fit all around. The engine won't be on show so I have saved some time by not cleaning up the parts beyond what is needed for fit.

The next step is construction of the drive shaft hosing that the rear Axel will mount onto. With this done the engine block could be mounted into the chassis half and the exhaust attached. the engine block has only one contact point with the cases, so again alignment could be a real issue. there is a small piece aded to the from of the engine after it has been attached to the chassis, this part connects to the chassis girder, so I would recommend adding this before fitting the engine for better alignment. At this point the drive shaft should be added but I left it of as it would be flapping about and risk being damaged. The cross member support beam was added at this point. again not at all a positive fit no location lug and no way of insuring it was straight in any direction.

next up is a small assembly that fits at the back of the chassis again some care is needed to keep all the parts straight as there are no location pins.

Then came a major fit issues. the rear sub assembly could not be correctly placed due to a small lug on the inside of the girder. No signs of it on the instruction or on the other unattached girder. so I decided to remove it on the basis that I could always shim this back in place if needed. with this done I could add the rear assembly and final add the other chassis girder, fortunately all my glue was still curing so I had time for some much needed aligning.

Phew!!Mellow

Build time 1.5 hours

Jase

File Attachment(s):
IMG_2959.JPG (275kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
IMG_2961.JPG (327kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
jase attached the following image(s):
IMG_2958.JPG
IMG_2960.JPG
IMG_2962.JPG
IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2965.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG
IMG_2967.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG
IMG_2969.JPG
IMG_2970.JPG
IMG_2971.JPG
IMG_2972.JPG
IMG_2973.JPG
IMG_2974.JPG
IMG_2975.JPG
IMG_2976.JPG
-Mark Twain
jase
#29 Posted : 05 March 2018 21:58:28

Next up is the two running boards. these are single parts in the kit which have a very nice, if not a little over scale, tread pattern to them the there support arms however lack all the bolt detail on the top.

The etch set replaces these in their entirety. which requires quite a bit of construction ands well as some modification to all four mud guards.
Watch of the three arms per running board is made up of two parts that require a number of folds to create the correct shape prior to gluing them together

The locating slots on the chassis needed filling it occurred to me that the fastest way to do this was to cut of the part that fixed in the slot, glue it in place and then sand it down flat - worked a treat BigGrin

The actual running board folded nicely and looks the part when done, the waffle plat pattern being much finer than the kit parts.

The arms where than glued in place. I used Rapid medium CA for all the etch bonding which gives a 5 second grab.

The actual running board won't be added until the mud guards are in place as this will aid alignment and they were bolted together on the real vehicle.

Build time 1.5 hours

More soon Drool

Jase
IMG_2981.JPG
IMG_2977.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG
IMG_2980.JPG
IMG_2984.JPG
IMG_2983.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG
IMG_2985.JPG
IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG
IMG_2988.JPG
-Mark Twain
CaptnBirdseye
#30 Posted : 05 March 2018 22:36:07

Looking good Jase. That ladder frame chassis certainly looks sturdy enough

Regards Gray
jase
#31 Posted : 06 March 2018 21:21:25

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Looking good Jase. That ladder frame chassis certainly looks sturdy enough

Regards Gray

Thanks grey for looking in and your comments BigGrin
-Mark Twain
ModelMania
#32 Posted : 06 March 2018 21:52:33

Groups:

Top job on that chassis Jase, love the etched brackets. Enjoyed watching that Hanomag video too, certainly felt like I was riding along with the driver, thanks for sharing. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
tigerace
#33 Posted : 06 March 2018 22:29:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great JaseBigGrin nice etch workBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#34 Posted : 06 March 2018 22:54:40

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Jase, looking great so far.BigGrin

Mark
jase
#35 Posted : 06 March 2018 23:08:36

Thank you allBigGrin

Next up is the suspension springs these are all two part assembly ensuring good part definition on both sides and the fit was spot on.

The front torsion bar was added and the rear Axel assembly completed and fitted. everything at this stage fitted nicely

build time 30 mins.

Jase

IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_2990.JPG
IMG_2991.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2993.JPG
IMG_2994.JPG
IMG_2995.JPG
IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_2997.JPG
-Mark Twain
ModelMania
#36 Posted : 06 March 2018 23:25:56

Groups:

More nice progress Jase, really taking shape, well done. Cool ThumpUp

Here's a link to a new book from 'Crecy' that may help you:

http://www.crecy.co.uk/v...-peenem-nde-to-redstone

Certainly not cheap, but has good reviews in the modelling press, including one in the latest edition of Tamiya Model Magazine International, the book contains 272 pages and over 350 photos and illustrations, including rare shots and some in colour. One of the most comprehensive works on the subject apparently and includes detail on the support vehicles used to transport and erect the rockets.

Kev Smile
jase
#37 Posted : 06 March 2018 23:48:37

ModelMania wrote:
More nice progress Jase, really taking shape, well done. Cool ThumpUp

Here's a link to a new book from 'Crecy' that may help you:

http://www.crecy.co.uk/v...-peenem-nde-to-redstone

Certainly not cheap, but has good reviews in the modelling press, including one in the latest edition of Tamiya Model Magazine International, the book contains 272 pages and over 350 photos and illustrations, including rare shots and some in colour. One of the most comprehensive works on the subject apparently and includes detail on the support vehicles used to transport and erect the rockets.

Kev Smile

Thanks for the link, very nice find

I believe that Hobby Boss are releasing the control vehicle soon which is a converted famo. you would also need a second Hanomag SS 100, the fuelling tank trailer the launch stand trailer. there is a resin full tank trailer available.
I won't have time for anything additional

Jase
-Mark Twain
mogwai
#38 Posted : 07 March 2018 16:46:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi looking good jase. Looks a lot of work on this one.cheere mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
jase
#39 Posted : 07 March 2018 19:48:28

the next stage adds items to the engine, chassis and front Axel.

The width indicators are added to the bumper at this point, feels a little early to me would prefer to add them after the hood is in place. the corner of the bumper is on the base of this part so some clean up is required after fitting.

the front wheel hubs are made up of two parts that allows for it to move. Actually the fit is quite sloppy.

at the rear of the chassis the end plat is fitted. it looks good once in place and no issues with fit.

There are two tanks to be added at this point one on each side. the instructions are not clear which way to orientate the brackets so I decided to mount them as low as the etch would allow. there is no pipe work for these and there should be so I will add this once the cabin floor pan is in place. however the the junction points for the pipes can be added now. I used my RP Tools rivet maker for this job. its very easy to use simply place some plastic card between the base and upper plate select the size rivet you want and tap it home with the supplied hammer - easy Cool

Jase
IMG_2998.JPG
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3006.JPG
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG
IMG_3000.JPG
IMG_3001.JPG
IMG_3002.JPG
IMG_3003.JPG
IMG_3004.JPG
-Mark Twain
ian smith
#40 Posted : 08 March 2018 00:09:38

Hi Jase.
looking fantastic.
IanCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.