Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<45678>»
Hanomag SS100 mit Vergeltungswaffe 2 und seinem Meillerwagen und Brennstand Options
jase
#101 Posted : 06 May 2018 14:27:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

next up are some gas tanks one slung under the front end of the trailer the other two small ones go on the rear platform.

The large one was made-up first. I modified the strap by cutting some aways a small section, drilling a small hole through the tab and adding a fine pice of wire to replicate the fastening system. I think it looks ok once mounted on the trailer frame.

on the smaller tanks I removed the fastening tab in its entirety as its over size and I could not se any on my reference material. again using my rivet tool some plumbing detail was added to the tanks. before fitting.

the two tanks needed connecting with some pipe work. I used evergreen rod for this task. the thicker pipe used as a 't' joint actually is break cable that I had left over from a motorbike kit I made in the late 1980s, never throw anything away, you just never know LOL LOL BigGrin

more Soon

Jase

jase attached the following image(s):
IMG_3280.JPG
IMG_3281.JPG
IMG_3282.JPG
IMG_3283.JPG
IMG_3284.JPG
IMG_3285.JPG
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3287.JPG
IMG_3288.JPG
IMG_3289.JPG
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
jase
#102 Posted : 09 May 2018 22:37:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The build continues with the base for the hydraulics that lift the launch tower into position.

A small amount of cleanup on the seams after assembly of the base cylinders but everything fits together well and fit to the trailer is positive.

I jumped ahead of the instructions slightly at this point to put the rear bulkhead in place. I needed to do this early to allow me to do some scratch building in that area.

IMPORTANT BUILD NOTE: The kit instructions have you place the etch part way before this part is fitted, I strongly recommend you don't do that as it needs to butt up to it.

The kit supplied etch is and folds easily, getting the joint gap free is a challenge, CA is not going to cut it so I solders mine and filed/sanded it smooth after. just a note on the soldering I use a liquid brush on flux it aids adhesion and there is no need to clean the etch. the whole process takes just a few moments.

more scratch building nextCool

Jase

IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3472.JPG
IMG_3473.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
IMG_3475.JPG
IMG_3476.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
jase
#103 Posted : 13 May 2018 22:54:56

I used some sprue shaped with a needle file along with some plastic card and copper wire to add the next bit of scratch building

Jase
IMG_3483.JPG
IMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3486.JPG
IMG_3487.JPG
IMG_3489.JPG
IMG_3490.JPG
-Mark Twain
jase
#104 Posted : 16 May 2018 21:28:08

The kit comes with two options for powering the trailer. the first is a small motor and the second is a large enclosure that would contain a kublewagen air cooled engine. unfortunately the kit only supplies the closed enclosure, the engine would have been a nice addition, but relatively easy to add one if you wish. I dont have time for that mod so after building both options decided to settle on the large enclosure with the exhaust system as that will give some different focus when painting

The other part added at this stage is the hydraulic valve gear which has a large 4 spoke hand wheel.

IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3492.JPG
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_3501.JPG
IMG_3502.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3505.JPG
IMG_3506.JPG
IMG_3507.JPG
-Mark Twain
jase
#105 Posted : 19 May 2018 12:23:27

Construction continues with cradles for more gas tanks. Ordination of the parts needs care are they are different to accommodate correct positioning on the frame.

The two sets of gas tanks look the part when assembled. once placed on the trailer it really makes it look busy.

IMG_3508.JPG
IMG_3509.JPG
IMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG
-Mark Twain
jase
#106 Posted : 19 May 2018 17:07:55

The launch frame is the next part of the builders quite a complex structure and the frame sides needed quite a bit of clean up.

IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3557.JPG
IMG_3558.JPG
IMG_3559.JPG
IMG_3560.JPG
IMG_3561.JPG
IMG_3562.JPG
-Mark Twain
tigerace
#107 Posted : 19 May 2018 21:22:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent JaseBigGrin all those partsBlink wow love itLove regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Gandale
#108 Posted : 19 May 2018 22:42:28

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice progress, looking really good....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#109 Posted : 20 May 2018 01:42:08

Groups:

Looking a complex build and coming along well Cool
jase
#110 Posted : 20 May 2018 12:40:57

Big thanks to all for looking in, yes there are lots of parts and growing fit issues so lots to do should be rady for paint in 3 or 4 weeks I think

Jase
-Mark Twain
Markwarren
#111 Posted : 20 May 2018 15:10:15

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Some very nice work Jase, looking really goodLove

Mark
TRGRichie
#112 Posted : 20 May 2018 17:33:34

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

there some great Build of the year entries this year and this is up there with the best!

Great work as always Jase.

will be following this one,

Rich.
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
jase
#113 Posted : 20 May 2018 23:15:16

TRGRichie wrote:
there some great Build of the year entries this year and this is up there with the best!

Great work as always Jase.

will be following this one,

Rich.

Thanks for the kind words, lots of stiff competition this year as always

Jase
-Mark Twain
jase
#114 Posted : 27 May 2018 05:41:40

The launch frame is a fair bit longer than the trailer bed. once it is attached the build continues with various bits of pipework, a ladder a winch and some ducting to protect more pipework.

no issues of fit at this stage.

File Attachment(s):
IMG_3568.JPG (258kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
IMG_3563.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG
IMG_3565.JPG
IMG_3566.JPG
IMG_3567.JPG
IMG_3569.JPG
IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3571.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3573.JPG
-Mark Twain
Markwarren
#115 Posted : 27 May 2018 07:32:25

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Some very nice work Jase.Love

Mark
jase
#116 Posted : 27 May 2018 17:45:02

Markwarren wrote:
Some very nice work Jase.Love

Mark

Thanks for looking in, this kits like a good book, just cannot put it downCool
-Mark Twain
tigerace
#117 Posted : 27 May 2018 18:22:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent update JaseBigGrin won`t be long before you put some paint onDrool great stuffDrool Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

jase
#118 Posted : 28 May 2018 06:58:16

Thanks Phil, still a surprising amount of kit to build but yep painting in sight
Jase
-Mark Twain
jase
#119 Posted : 28 May 2018 07:24:10

The hydraulic rams for lifting the rocket into launch position are next and they are huge things taller than a person. once glued into the launch frame the base of the rams is pushed into the housings and the launch frame put in place.

You can model the launch frame upright ready for launch or dropped into transport position. I want to show it in launch position as in travel configuration much of it gets hidden. with the launch frame attched the model suddenly becomes hugeBlink Love Love

the next assembly is the two stabilisation outriggers. These swing out to steady the trailer when in launch position and can be modelled open or closed, mine are open as we are going for launch. without thinking I glued the foot pads in the stowed positionCursing I will correct this later once the wheels are on!Mellow

next up is the wheel bogies

Jase
File Attachment(s):
IMG_3576.JPG (380kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3578.JPG
IMG_3579.JPG
IMG_3580.JPG
IMG_3581.JPG
IMG_3582.JPG
IMG_3583.JPG
IMG_3584.JPG
IMG_3585.JPG
-Mark Twain
jase
#120 Posted : 30 May 2018 06:11:25

The rear wheel assembly is made up of 24 parts. No fit issues hear and the tyres are easy to push on and off. Clean up is minimal the most attention required on the leaf springs. These are just dry fitted ahead of painting.

The front set is considerably more complex with the inclusion of two sets of axels the tow hook and a rest for the launch frame. Again other than removing seams there is not much clean up on most parts, however the frame support needed filling to remove a gap on the top surface.

In real life the trailer had two interchangeable tow arm a vehicle one and a manual one, the kit only supplies the vehicle version.

the assembly for the frame rest is quite complex and is on a pivot to allow for up hill movement

On part that needed modification was the number plate and lights arrangement that is not correct. I used the plate from the Hannomag etch set to improve this.

One piece of advice is to not build up the wheel hubs as the instructions suggest, its a simple process that Tacom have managed to make almost impossible. leave the rear rim half until last which gives you much better access to the centre hub parts construction which allows the wheels to freely rotate. I also found the fit of one of the hub parts impossible and had to file out the centre to widen the hole to allow assembly to fit correctly; even then one of the parts split while trying to get it in place.

the completed front bogy ads yet more length to the trailer.

I then added some detail to the bogy. first was the cable for the lights. this passes through some trunking on the side of the 'I' frame and the cable feeds up into the frame support housing to connect into the centre trailer spine section. the trucking was made from some evergreen rod. I used the same fine steel wire that I used on the hannomag to connect the rear of the lights to the trunking and again from the other end of the trunking into the pivot housing.

I also added a break line on the Axel. I fabricated a mounting bracket from some evergreen strip, drilling a hole for the copper wire to pass through and shaping around it. The copper wire then had two sections of the vinyl tubing added before shaping the ends to meet the connection points on the Axel assembly. most of this won't be seen but the loops at the end of the line will and should add some realism once under paint.

Thats it for now BigGrin

Jase

File Attachment(s):
IMG_3590.JPG (261kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
IMG_3586.JPG
IMG_3587.JPG
IMG_3588.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3597.JPG
IMG_3598.JPG
IMG_3599.JPG
IMG_3600.JPG
-Mark Twain