Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Free Binder ! Options
PhilC
#1 Posted : 26 February 2018 19:49:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

As some may be aware, the facebook build forums have been alive today with the sound of "Free Binder" .... It appears that most (if not all) have received binders in this months delivery ( Issue 57, 58 , 59 , 60), that they were not expecting.

Whilst I thank Deagostini for their "Unsolicited Free Gift" I have a nagging doubt that this may be in error ... if this is the case I would like to take this opportunity to point out to Deagostini that I do not wish to be billed for this item at a future date .... and I am more than happy for one of their representatives to pick up this binder from my house at a date and time convenient to myself

Thanks Guys
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
Tomick
#2 Posted : 01 March 2018 11:44:39

Groups:

Something went wrong with the system. Rest assured, customers that haven't opted in to receive the binders will not be charged for the binder just received. A decision has not yet been made regarding its return.
PhilC
#3 Posted : 01 March 2018 20:56:18

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Cheers for the update ! I shall endeavour to keep it in its wrapper and not sell on , just in case ! And rest assured I shall not be charging deagostini for any storage charges incurred ...
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
Tomick
#4 Posted : 02 March 2018 11:55:51

Groups:

C/S will be sending out communication to subscribers asap. The communication will ask to return the binder to a ‘free return’ address.
stevegbr
#5 Posted : 02 March 2018 12:11:27

Groups:

why not leave it till the next one is due, then charge in the normal way, it will cost the company to send them back. just a thought.
Tomick
#6 Posted : 02 March 2018 13:08:56

Groups:

stevegbr wrote:
why not leave it till the next one is due, then charge in the normal way, it will cost the company to send them back. just a thought.

Because a number of R2 subscribers that did not request receiving the R2 binders, have been sent one in error.
semaj
#7 Posted : 02 March 2018 13:49:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

What about the subscribers that did request the binders? I get 2 subs delivered, one for me, and one for a friend. He requested the binders with his sub, i did not. We both have binders with the latest delivery, but neither of us have been charged? Will both need to be returned, or just the one on the account with no binder request?
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Tomick
#8 Posted : 02 March 2018 15:21:23

Groups:

semaj wrote:
What about the subscribers that did request the binders? I get 2 subs delivered, one for me, and one for a friend. He requested the binders with his sub, i did not. We both have binders with the latest delivery, but neither of us have been charged? Will both need to be returned, or just the one on the account with no binder request?
This matter only relates to Substibers that have received but did not request the binders as pert of their Subsription. Therefore the binder you received with your subscription will not be charged and will be requested for return. Your friends binder will be charged in the normal manner is it is part of his subscription order.
semaj
#9 Posted : 02 March 2018 15:51:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:
This matter only relates to Substibers that have received but did not request the binders as pert of their Subsription. Therefore the binder you received with your subscription will not be charged and will be requested for return. Your friends binder will be charged in the normal manner is it is part of his subscription order.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I shall let him know to expect a charge for it at some point then, and return the other binder in due course.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
Tomick
#10 Posted : 02 March 2018 16:45:37

Groups:

semaj wrote:
Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I shall let him know to expect a charge for it at some point then, and return the other binder in due course.
If there is no charge on his invoice then it’s one of the ones sent in error, so in effect his account should receive the same communication as you to return or possibly as an account that receives the binders, he’ll likely be charged at a later date in place if another being sent.
zackworld
#11 Posted : 02 March 2018 17:14:01

Well I've used the binder.
Will I get the option to buy it?
Tomick
#12 Posted : 02 March 2018 17:20:12

Groups:

zackworld wrote:
Well I've used the binder.
Will I get the option to buy it?
If you want to buy it/keep it, you should contact customer services who will be able to bill you for it
semaj
#13 Posted : 02 March 2018 19:45:59

Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:
Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:

If there is no charge on his invoice then it’s one of the ones sent in error, so in effect his account should receive the same communication as you to return or possibly as an account that receives the binders, he’ll likely be charged at a later date in place if another being sent.

Ok, ill probably return both, but shall await further communications.

Its just a bit confusing with 1 account having the binders (they have been recieved and billed accordingly to date) and and the other not having binders.

Thanks
Building:
Complete:
Flyteach
#14 Posted : 03 March 2018 19:24:54

Hmmmm, just catching up on this after vacation. It's interesting that I've been asking for a binder for nearly a year and keep getting told that they can't sell them. I see them for sale in UK, but no shipping to US. I was never even offered an opportunity to have them shipped/bought with my subscription. Now I see that some people are getting them shipped automatically, even those (although by mistake) who didn't order/want them. Yet, those of us who've made numerous attempts to politely engage the company to get them are left hanging in the wind (and no update to when they are available for purchase, despite the posts on the other topic about binders stating that "it'll be in a few weeks".

C'mon DeAgostini/Model-Space......your customers are paying the bills? What about those engaging customer service on a monthly basis? Please return to the high level of service you've had in the past as this last year has not been cutting it.
Jim/Flyteach
stevegbr
#15 Posted : 03 March 2018 19:32:21

Groups:

i have just been charged for the extra binder, so for me its now sorted.
Tomick
#16 Posted : 03 March 2018 20:06:30

Groups:

Flyteach wrote:
Hmmmm, just catching up on this after vacation. It's interesting that I've been asking for a binder for nearly a year and keep getting told that they can't sell them. I see them for sale in UK, but no shipping to US. I was never even offered an opportunity to have them shipped/bought with my subscription. Now I see that some people are getting them shipped automatically, even those (although by mistake) who didn't order/want them. Yet, those of us who've made numerous attempts to politely engage the company to get them are left hanging in the wind (and no update to when they are available for purchase, despite the posts on the other topic about binders stating that "it'll be in a few weeks".

C'mon DeAgostini/Model-Space......your customers are paying the bills? What about those engaging customer service on a monthly basis? Please return to the high level of service you've had in the past as this last year has not been cutting it.
Jim/Flyteach
It would appear you’ve missed the topic which indicates that R2 binders are being put on sale in the USA http://forum.model-space...sts&t=24528&p=2
coldsweat
#17 Posted : 05 March 2018 12:40:22

Tomick wrote:
C/S will be sending out communication to subscribers asap. The communication will ask to return the binder to a ‘free return’ address.

Will CS be arranging collection & supplying the packaging/labels??
Tomick
#18 Posted : 05 March 2018 14:03:19

Groups:

coldsweat wrote:
Tomick wrote:

You need to await communication, it won’t be collection but the provision of a freepost return adddres.
notsram
#19 Posted : 06 March 2018 12:09:58

Tomick wrote:
coldsweat wrote:
Tomick wrote:

You need to await communication, it won’t be collection but the provision of a freepost return adddres.

That's going to be awkward for those of us who work during the day. I'm pretty sure that the binder is too big to go in a regular post box, so it'll need a trip to to the post office to send it back.
coldsweat
#20 Posted : 14 March 2018 11:48:13

Just had my 'send the binder back or pay for it email'

You'd think that for the amount we've paid for this R2 unit they'd cover their own mess up & let people keep them as a gesture of good will.

Personally I've paid for all my binders already, so this would be going in the bin or in the back of a cupboard anyway - but there's a principal at stake here!

I'm sure Tomick is now going to tell me how 'the price of every issue would have to go up if they let us keep them' or something like that (not trying to cause any offence Tomick, as your posts are always helpful), but should we really have to pay for the packaging to send them back & have the inconvenience of travelling to a post office which could be miles for some??