Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Akagi Plans Options
dbartonjr
#1 Posted : 06 March 2018 19:54:06

Groups: Registered

Andy,

It's been a while but I have started on the Akagi, currently reading through all the instructions and your diary to get an idea of what is required. I am wondering have you been able to source any 1:200 blueprints for the Akagi. I saw 3 blank sheets which you had to blank out due to copyright issues. Where did you get them and how long did it take for them to arrive. Your help on the Yamato was invaluable I just hope I get enough experience to pay back your help.

Best Regards,

Dan Barton

Current Builds: Yamato
On the Bench: Akagi, USS Missouri
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 06 March 2018 20:38:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Dan

My Akagi sits in its case in my living room and looks as good now as when I finished her and im sure yours will take pride of place next to the Yamato. Its a build that will have challenges but will reward you with a model to be proud of.

As for the plans they were by 'Miyuki-kai' 1/200 blueprints and I got them from Freetime Hobby's in the USA but they no longer stock those drawings.

I do have the website address for 'Miyuki-kai' which I will add below, I have checked the plans list [ use the translate to english option] and they still list the plans as being available but there not cheap and will cost around £45 with shipping.

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/miyukikai/

Hope this helps.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .