Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<23456>»
Panavia Tornado ‘Farewell’ - Competition! Options
Tomick
#61 Posted : 05 August 2018 11:10:11

Groups:

Seems there is a Revell 1:32 Gulf War Tornado coming along..
http://www.jumbliesmodel...6gQrEAQYASABEgJ6WPD_BwE

Italeri has one
https://www.jadlamracing...6gQrEAQYAyABEgL_vvD_BwE

And there are numerous Gulf War/Desert Storm decal sets on eBay in various scales

birdaj2
#62 Posted : 05 August 2018 11:16:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:
Very sorry to ask what may be a stupid question with an obvious answer but for a gulf war variant would it have to be finished in UK markings please?
It would need to be the typical 'desert pink' UK guise as per the photo below but of any squadron.

Tomick

Many thanks for clarifying that query - thank you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
birdaj2
#63 Posted : 05 August 2018 12:08:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

While a deterioration in family health has put paid to just about anything i have wanted to do this year i would like to attempt an entry in this competition if that is is ok with everyone. I still work full tome, luckily from home, but have lots of issues with my Mother. Anyhow not the right place for things like this as its a model making site.

For my entry i would like to try and build the tornado F3 using markings "Disbandment scheme for 25 Years of Tornado operations".

I will keep my eye open for more details nearer to november when all of this starts.

I have progressed well with my porsche build managing to keep up with each set of parts that come through. Also signed up again to the jaguar build just finished my pack 3 of that one. And my constitution has got as far as needing just 3 planks either side to complete the first planking of the hull and then the triangular infills need adfing.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Tomick
#64 Posted : 28 August 2018 11:02:01

Groups:

Nice idea and great to have your build in the mix Cool
CaptnBirdseye
#65 Posted : 01 October 2018 12:00:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ok folks, just 30 days and counting to the start of this competition ThumpUp
Has everyone given some thought to what kit they will build?
3 prices for the winners of the 3 catogories! The competition will be to build one of 3 Tornado kit variants - the GR, F3 and Gulf War - any scale!
More details to be announced nearer the competition start date.
So who’s up for entering?
birdaj2
#66 Posted : 01 October 2018 12:18:11

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Ok folks, just 30 days and counting to the start of this completion ThumpUp
Has everyone given some thought to what kit they will build?
3 prices for the winners of the 3 catogories!
So who’s up for entering?

I am going to give it a go. Ordered up the revell 1:48 f3 kit but also found the ids version in the loft so although the f3 with 25th markings from xtradecal set x48096 are my first thoughts that just may possible change.

Apparently you can turn the ids into a gr1 version but there is a lense element missing (not required) in the revell ids kit. Now i know some place in the loft i have an old started italeri kit that just might have that part.

You can get this piece in an aftermarket set but that means forking out over £20.

So the plan is to be in but still a final decision on exactly what i do.

Not touched any of the items purchased so far but have bought the eduard etch sets (shocked at how exoensive these are now adays but managed to find a goid offer on ebay).

Will do my best to actually start and complete an entry this time.
Happy Modelling

CaptnBirdseye
#67 Posted : 08 October 2018 14:17:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

RAF Tornado F3 fast jet fighter, from 56 Squadron, aerobatic display, Eastbourne 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLQM6hSC99o

Spal
#68 Posted : 08 October 2018 20:24:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Retrieved my kit from the stash pile in readiness for the compBigGrin

Al
arpurchase
#69 Posted : 09 October 2018 07:38:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin All ready to go here tooCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#70 Posted : 09 October 2018 10:41:22

Groups:

RAF's Tornado fighter bows out in style at Duxford Air Show..

https://www.mirror.co.uk...ghter-bows-out-13317320
Tomick
#71 Posted : 10 October 2018 10:15:31

Groups:

There will also be an overall winner prize of a Badger Airbrush set Drool
https://www.model-space.com/gb/airbrush-set.html

Competition rules to be announced shortly Cool
Tomick
#72 Posted : 10 October 2018 13:03:48

Groups:

Last year of the Panavia Tornado - competition Rules

Build one of 3 Tornado kit variants - the GR, F3 and Gulf War - any scale (one entry per member).

The Prizes:

Each of the 3 group winners (Tornado GR, F3 & Gulf War) will win a £100 "Always Hobbies" voucher https://www.alwayshobbies.com/
Also a genuine (used) Tornado RB199 jet engine 3.5cm HPC compressor vane blade.

There is also a prize for the overall Winner of the 3 groups - a Badger 200-3 Airbrush set.
https://www.model-space.com/gb/airbrush-set.html

Rules

1. You can announce your Tornado entry at any time. But all builds must not be started until on or after the 1st November 2018 and must be completed no later than 17:00 GMT on the 31st March 2019 - Tornado diorama's are also permissible.

2. The winner of each group and overall winner will be decided by Member vote on the 1st April 2019, (vote will be open for 3 days).

3. All entries must have an ongoing build diary posted exclusively on ModelSpace, (or associated forum for example ModelSpace Germany). Entries must not be shared on another forum during or after the competition end. Failure to observe this rule will result in your entry being void and the build being excluded from the vote.

4. Your entry must be nominated as "Last year of the Tornado - competition entry" at the head of your build diary (not in the topic title). No build nomination = void entry!

5. Strictly one Entry per member - The competition is be open to all ModelSpace members in the following regions: Regions: United Kingdom, USA, Germany, South Africa, Netherlands, Asia, Northern Ireland, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand. - entrants must be contributors around the UK forum rather than just within their own build - No entry permitted with the sole purpose of entry only!

6. All entries should be posted into the relevant build diary area of the UK forum - Diorama or Aviation. Your Finished build must be posted into the Finished Build Gallery. Once you announce your build is complete, it must not be further enhanced at a later date.

7. All entrants are obliged to vote for one of the entries (not your own). Failure to vote will void your entry.

8. If you decide not to progress with your entry or your entry becomes void, you cannot then re-enter with another build.

9. Goading of members to vote for a particular entry will not be tolerated. The comment will be removed and you may lose your chance to vote or be suspended during the vote period.

10. You can construct a Tornado Diorama but each element of the build must be within the single build topic and related to the subject.

11. Once you have announced your entry and the build has been started, you cannot then change the subject.

12. All entries will be locked at 17:00 GMT on the 31st March 2019 ahead of the vote start on the 1st April. Solicitation during voting will not be tolerated and Family votes are not permitted.

13. The three group entrants and overall winner with most member votes received by 17:00 GMT on the 3rd April 2019 will be deemed the Winners and overall Winner. In the event of a tie, Admin will post a related tie break question.
I
14. Member voting should consider effort, diary presentation and overall build - not just the end result!

15. The group Winners and overall Winner will be announced on the 4th April 2019.

Gulf War Tornado build entries - there is also additional prize for the Winner of the Gulf War Tornado category- a copy of the Tornado Down book!

Good luck to all Entrants!Cool

Please send a PM to Tomick of your build diary entry to be added into the Tornado Entry list copied below.

Last year of the Panavia Tornado - Build Entries....

Tornado GR.4 ZA412 617 Sqn Dambusters 70th Commemorative - by birdaj2
https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=295019#post295019

Tornado GR4, ZA458,'DG','Mean One', Operation Telic Tonkas - by arpurchase
https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=29667

Al's Tornado GR4 build - by Spal
https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=294202#post294202

Delboy's F3 - RAF 111Sq Leuchars - by delboy271155
https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=294387#post294387

Magpie1832's Tornado Gr.1 "Operation Desert Storm” by Magpie1832
https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=294643#post294643

Cold War Warrior Tornado F.3 ADV by Silent Running
https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=294444#post294444

Nems Gulf War Tornado in flight by Nemesis
https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=296746#post296746

Please PM Tomick with the title of your Entry to be added to the list Cool
birdaj2
#73 Posted : 10 October 2018 13:14:26

Oh goody.

Thinking cap on this weekend when i finish my weeks work as i may have a re-think on my original plan as managed to track down a revell 1:48 gr.4 from Getmany at a very reasonable price.

That kit is expected in the next few days so depending on what i receive and pending any issues with it i will then get my entry in.
Happy Modelling

arpurchase
#74 Posted : 11 October 2018 07:41:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Sounds good and I am at the starting gate with mine, been collecting stuff for a while now.

Anyone thinking of going for this comp should there are some great prizes going for the 3 group and overall winnerDrool Drool Drool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

magpie1832
#75 Posted : 13 October 2018 09:57:22

Time is getting nearer for the start of this great competition.

I'm gathering bits together for a go. Still choosing which to version depict.

Plus! great prizes and an overall prize for the the overall winner gives a good incentive.

Added bonus of a real piece of a tornado for the winner of each group.

Chris 😎😎
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Tomick
#76 Posted : 15 October 2018 07:18:35

Groups:

We now have our first entry noted at the end of the rules post Cool

Please send a PM to Tomick with the title of your build diary entry to be added to the list. Links to the builds will be added once the competition gets underway on the 1st Nov.

A photo is shown below of the used Tornado RB199 jet engine 3.5cm HPC compressor vane blade.

Good luck to all entrants Cool
Tomick attached the following image(s):
IMG_9868.JPG
CaptnBirdseye
#77 Posted : 18 October 2018 13:42:51

The Supreme Striker?

https://combataircraft.k...ear-of-the-tornado-gr4/

Competition starts soon, so dig out those old kits, or get yourself a new one!
Great prizes up for grabs BigGrin
arpurchase
#78 Posted : 20 October 2018 00:56:50

BigGrin Three of us in it now any one else going for this comp, im doing a 1/32 build with a lot of aftermarket to get the GR.4 aircraft I want to represent and Im thinking the announced builders so far are doing 1/48 scale.

All a good mix for some stunning prizes, open to all to have a go and you just might out do the competition but it wont happen unless you try.Cool

birdaj2
#79 Posted : 20 October 2018 09:49:26

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Three of us in it now any one else going for this comp, im doing a 1/32 build with a lot of aftermarket to get the GR.4 aircraft I want to represent and Im thinking the announced builders so far are doing 1/48 scale.

All a good mix for some stunning prizes, open to all to have a go and you just might out do the competition but it wont happen unless you try.Cool

Andy

Yes my attempt will be 1:48. beginning to worry now seeing what i am up against so far.

Sure there will be more entries coming on soon. I find it near impossible to make a decision and have been toying around with 3 versions to the point confused myself totally so descision was "pin the tail on the donkey" and that made the decision for me.

Best of luck to everyone that does enter.
Happy Modelling

Tomick
#80 Posted : 20 October 2018 10:41:08

Groups:

And a very good chance of winning a prize for any F3 or Gulf War variants of the Tornado, which there are no entries thus far Cool