Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Frame #24 Options
Carl Jon
#1 Posted : 25 April 2018 23:21:29

Groups: Registered

Hi All
I am new here.. Just starting build.
I take that frame #24 should be installed at an angle. Does anyone know were i will find the template or dimensions for cutting the planks at an angle at the stern transome (Item #49) end plate with windows
magpie1832
#2 Posted : 26 April 2018 07:26:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Carl, Welcome to modelspace. Also glad to here your building the Surprise.

Hi You are correct in frame 24 is slightly angled towards the stern. but the angle or template for 49 you have to guess with that one. I will try and do some measurements for you.

Cheers Chris
magpie1832 attached the following image(s):
PC140490.jpg
PC140495.jpg
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#3 Posted : 26 April 2018 09:37:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Carl, hope you enjoy your time with us. Lots of help available should you need it, you just need to ask....

Would be great to see some of your work in the form of a diary, would also make it easier for us should you require assistance.....Cool Cool Good luck with your build....

Regards

Alan