Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
Martyn's Triny X section Options
Martyn Ingram
#1 Posted : 06 May 2018 12:24:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Well now that I have finished my build of the SR I would start my build of the Santisima Trinidad X section Cool
My aim is to do this like she would have looked like the night before the battle of Trafalger with guns run in and tables between them and hammocks put up Cool . I plan to have lighting in side and fully rigged guns so here we go again I won't be following the instructions as I need to leave bits off to get to some of the details before I put them in place. Also I plan to have the weather deck open in places to show some of the beams underneath Cool so they will be scratched built .
Hopefully will have some pictures by midweek Cool

See you soon
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
eebygum
#2 Posted : 06 May 2018 12:26:28

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn

Looking forward for that BigGrin BigGrin

Terry
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 06 May 2018 17:52:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Should look great when done will be followingCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#4 Posted : 06 May 2018 23:02:18

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

All sounds very interesting Martyn, you can count me in as one of your followers on this..... Good luck with your new venture.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#5 Posted : 07 May 2018 07:54:58

Groups:

Sounds interesting and look forward to seeing this develop Cool
tigerace
#6 Posted : 07 May 2018 14:58:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sounds cool will be followingCool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Gibbo
#7 Posted : 08 May 2018 12:18:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Sounds good Martyn i'm looking forward to seeing this come together
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Martyn Ingram
#8 Posted : 11 May 2018 13:32:24

BigGrin Thanks for the comments Cool

Right let's get started on this build Cool
The ribs were glued together and left to dry . They where sanded and covered with veneer so I could make some braces on the keel piece and rib joints. Next up was fitting the beams very simple to fit and certainly stiffens the whole thing up . Once dry the planks where cut to size and fitted as per the instructions. The mast foot was glued together and covered with veneer as I didn't like the look of the ply Cool . Now the slight change to the instructions I have added lumber board and lumber strake these are used in real ship to clean out the bilge as the lumber board had holes in them so they could be lifted up for access. A bit fiddly to make but looks realistic. I fitted some ballast boards, these stop the ballast from moving about when the ship was rolling on rough seas Cool . Next job was making a shelf to store some spare wood . I found some in my bits box and piled them up on the shelf and roped them down. I haven't used the ballast that came with the kit as it looked to big so I got some from my local model shop . It was glued down with diluted PVA Cool . The barrels were painted and aged because I want the hold to look dirty and cluttered. I have also made a couple of buckets just to add a little more clutter Cool . Next job on the list making the lanterns as the tiny leds have turned up Blink
Cheers for looking
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1341.jpg
ships 1343.jpg
ships 1344.jpg
ships 1347.jpg
ships 1350.jpg
ships 1352.jpg
ships 1355.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Tomick
#9 Posted : 11 May 2018 14:47:51

Groups:

Great start and looking good Cool
tigerace
#10 Posted : 11 May 2018 15:12:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

What a great start Martyn BigGrin love those barrels Love regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

arpurchase
#11 Posted : 11 May 2018 18:06:38

BigGrin Nice start Martyn and looking the bizzCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#12 Posted : 11 May 2018 22:49:40

A great start MartynBigGrin some nice touches already.

Al
Martyn Ingram
#13 Posted : 12 May 2018 08:06:06

BigGrin Thank you so much for the brilliant comments guys Cool
Confused I have a question about micro leds. How do you wire them up is it better to do them in series or in parallel and how much current do they draw. The ones I have also came with resistors Confused . I plan to have 8 lights around the ship. Sorry for being a bit of a donut on this but I am not very good at this electrickry stuff Blink
Thanks for any help
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Markwarren
#14 Posted : 12 May 2018 08:39:36

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Martyn, great start.BigGrin Cool

Mark
Diseased Bunny
#15 Posted : 12 May 2018 08:59:28

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Thank you so much for the brilliant comments guys Cool
Confused I have a question about micro leds. How do you wire them up is it better to do them in series or in parallel and how much current do they draw. The ones I have also came with resistors Confused . I plan to have 8 lights around the ship. Sorry for being a bit of a donut on this but I am not very good at this electrickry stuff Blink
Thanks for any help
Martyn

Wire them in parallel, as the current is distributed evenly across the lights, so they will be the same brightness throughout and if one does pop it doesn't take the rest out. You can do it either as a single resistor or each led can have its own. What voltage are you going to run it off? And what value are the resistors?
arek
#16 Posted : 12 May 2018 12:21:02

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI Martyn,

I used normal LED size on my San Francisco, my electrical knowledge is close to zero but I followed simple schematic and I'm happy from the result. Not sure if that will be any help but on the first page of my build diary you my find some useful information.

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#17 Posted : 12 May 2018 13:12:25

BigGrin Cheers for the help guys Cool
Had a word with No1 son and he has sorted it out for me Cool it's a bit of luck that he is good at that sort of thing and is up this weekend Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
arek
#18 Posted : 12 May 2018 13:29:16

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Let us known how it works for you, I'm looking for some new ideas that I could implement in Vasa Wink

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#19 Posted : 12 May 2018 15:19:18

BigGrin Hi Arek I will take some pics of the wiring when I get to link them together ThumpUp
I have started making the lanterns. The clear plastic came from the tube that comes with paint brushes to protect the bristles and the top and bottom are punched out of some plastic sheeting with a leather punch Cool the tube was cut to 4mm and the top section was drilled to accept the led Cool the bottom was drilled with a small hole so I could put a candle in it Cool . What am I doing I must be mad LOL . The top and bottom where glued to the tube and when dry a small piece of plastic strip was glued to the side. The led was put in the top to sit on top of the candle and a little bit of wood pushed into the hole to hold it in place Blink . The whole lot was painted with gunbolt silver Blink Blink once dry it was fitted to the beam and the wires led across to the outside Blink Blink Blink . After that I picked my eyes off the floor and took some pictures LOL . Only seven more to make Crying
Cheers for looking
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1356.jpg
ships 1361.jpg
ships 1364.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
Gandale
#20 Posted : 12 May 2018 21:41:45

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks like you're off to a great start Martyn and all looking great.... Love your lanterns.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan