Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Martyn's Triny X section Options
Spal
#21 Posted : 13 May 2018 00:13:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Lantern looks great MartynBigGrin nice job.

Al
Martyn Ingram
#22 Posted : 14 May 2018 15:54:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Cheers for the brilliant comments guys Cool
A bit more work done on the Triny
The Orlop deck has been planked and tree nailed then glued to the beams Cool
To add a bit more interest I decided to make the ships surgeon office so once the walls where built I made a roll top desk and a chair. I put some potions on the shelf which where made out of cocktail sticks Cool
Next job on the list more lanterns and bits and pieces to go on this deck Cool the hold is now complete BigGrin
Thanks for following
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1365.jpg
ships 1366.jpg
ships 1367.jpg
ships 1369.jpg
ships 1375.jpg
ships 1377.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tigerace
#23 Posted : 14 May 2018 18:05:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely detailed work Martyn BigGrin excellentDrool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

arpurchase
#24 Posted : 14 May 2018 19:00:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

CaptnBirdseye
#25 Posted : 14 May 2018 20:22:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like it's coming together well, Martyn Cool Enjoying watching you build.

Regards
Gray
pemberg
#26 Posted : 14 May 2018 20:49:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work Martyn, loving the roll top desk, those extra small details make the model come alive.

Graeme
Gandale
#27 Posted : 14 May 2018 23:27:36

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice indeed Martyn, great little touches you're adding.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan

delboy271155
#28 Posted : 14 May 2018 23:33:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Excellent added details. Cool

Well done

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#29 Posted : 15 May 2018 06:57:32

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That’s some lovely work there Martyn, you’ve obviously got a good magnifying glass.Cool BigGrin
Martyn Ingram
#30 Posted : 20 May 2018 08:18:36

BigGrin Thanks for the comments guys Cool

Disaster has struck the Triny Crying
My son and I wired up the lights from the hold and Orlop deck and they looked great for about 20 seconds and pop .All of them burnt out Mad . The ones on the Orlop deck are easy to change but the one in the hold is going to be a real pain in the per verbal Cursing . I haven't a clue how I am going to get to that one Confused . Lots of head scratching to come Crying hayho

Thanks for following
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Tomick
#31 Posted : 20 May 2018 10:08:29

Groups:

Oh no Crying hope you manage to sort it.

Have you got to the bottom of why they went pop?
Gandale
#32 Posted : 20 May 2018 10:17:48

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Doesn't sound good Martyn, hope you get to the root of the problem and are able to find a solution accessing the hold.....Crying Crying ..

Regards

Alan
TRGRichie
#33 Posted : 20 May 2018 10:18:40

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Thanks for the comments guys Cool

Disaster has struck the Triny Crying
My son and I wired up the lights from the hold and Orlop deck and they looked great for about 20 seconds and pop .All of them burnt out Mad . The ones on the Orlop deck are easy to change but the one in the hold is going to be a real pain in the per verbal Cursing . I haven't a clue how I am going to get to that one Confused . Lots of head scratching to come Crying hayho

Thanks for following
Martyn

I feel your pain!
But be honest... are you secretly looking forward to the challenge of fixing them BigGrin

Rich
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
Martyn Ingram
#34 Posted : 20 May 2018 15:09:02

Tomick wrote:
Oh no Crying hope you manage to sort it.

Have you got to the bottom of why they went pop?

To be honest I haven't a clue how they went pop as we used the resistors that came with them and a three volt battery pack Confused . They worked for about twenty seconds went orang and died Blink . I have sent a email to the company to see if we wired them up wrong Confused

I have a cunning plan to get to the lantern in the hold so watch this space Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
arek
#35 Posted : 20 May 2018 18:22:45

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I really fell your pain Martyn.
Every time I switch on lights on my San Fran to try them my heart beats fasterScared , this is a great addition but very fragile.

Hope you will get this sorted!

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#36 Posted : 20 May 2018 21:53:37

Cursing I have now found out that the LEDs are only 1.7volt not 3volt that the company I got them from stated . Not a happy bunny. But I will overcome
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
delboy271155
#37 Posted : 20 May 2018 21:59:19

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Martyn Ingram wrote:
Cursing I have now found out that the LEDs are only 1.7volt not 3volt that the company I got them from stated . Not a happy bunny. But I will overcome
Martyn

Lets hope at least they replace them free of charge for the correct items.

Hope you get sorted soon.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#38 Posted : 24 May 2018 07:38:02

BigGrin Cheers for the support everyone Cool

Now back on track with the Triny BigGrin
The new leds turned up yesterday so I tested them for two hours just to make sure that they wouldn't go pop again Cool
Spent a couple of hours this morning fitting them back in and testing them again just to make sure Cool
Next job wireing them up Cool
Will post pics at the weekend Cool
See you later
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Gandale
#39 Posted : 24 May 2018 08:37:05

Good to hear you're back on track Martyn, just knew you'd get to the bottom of the problem. Look forward to seeing how your final fix goes.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#40 Posted : 24 May 2018 08:58:58

BigGrin Cheers Alan Cool
It's all good now I know what the right voltage is to put through them Cool . The company was very good and apologise for the inconvenience and sent me them for free BigGrin

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?