Groups:

Deep respect for these guys!

http://www.dailymail.co....-new-memorial-home.html

Would also appear there is a memorial Partwork of such an engine

http://www.deagostiniedi...ioni/pompieri/index.html
Tomick
#2 Posted : 21 July 2011 16:41:02

Groups:

From what I can gather the Tower Ladder kit has considerable weight to it and is approx 22" long.
It has an electronic kit which incorporates siren, bull horn, working lights/indicators and flashing emergency lights, all of which controlled from the dashboard.
It has all round sprung hydraulic lifters and an extendable ladder/platform which can also be rotated, the chassis is also sprung.

Most of the parts are pre-painted, the majority of which are metal and a content of ABS parts. The cab itself is a one piece metal casting as is the chassis plate.
The tool compartment's contain fire tools etc and the doors and cab doors are magnetic which can be opened with a magnetic wand, the cab door's also have working up/down window winders and has a fully fitted realistic cab interior.

Lonestar Spirit
#3 Posted : 21 July 2011 17:09:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I got to be honest with you Tomick, at first I wasn't much bothered, I mean it's just a fire truck, but looking into it further, it's a cracking bit of kit, and keeping in mind, it is also associated with 7/11 and will be an iconic model to own, even if none of us here in the UK will ever get to see one.

The amount of detail is outstanding, and that's without the working parts.

I was watching a tribute to the New York Fire Department a few months back, and these guys are amazing, nothing compared to our London's burning, not only are they firemen, but fully trained paramedics, in our country the unions wouldn't have that, unless they were paid for two jobs lol.

Keep us posted on this if you would Tomick mate, I for one am most interested!
Ship Builds on the go

Yamato - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
AKAGI - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
RMS Titanic Lifeboat (Kind Gift from DeAgostini Crew)
karl1113
#4 Posted : 21 July 2011 18:20:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

having looked at the adverts,I am very impressed,20" odd inches it is a bemoth of a model,reminds me a little bit of the tonka toys a few years back,but this model with a working dashboard/steering/wind up windows,what not electric?(joking)turntable/ladders.the list goe's on.as lonestar said,first thoughts would it sell here?dunno but I will do it.and looking and hoping it is released here.come on oholyone stick a stick of tnt up the jumpers of deag and get this model on the road.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Tomick
#5 Posted : 21 July 2011 21:03:52

Groups:

You have a way with words LOL
MWG
#6 Posted : 21 July 2011 22:36:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mr T I would subcribe to this one, Like the DB5 every thing looks electrical?BigGrin LOL
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.