Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Modellers workshops Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 29 May 2018 02:23:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

On Sunday 27th May I attended a workshop set up by Scale Modelling Now.

They run a series of workshops and the one I attended was the "All about airbrushing".

I`m no expert with an airbrush nor a total novice, but found this workshop a mine of useful skills and information.Cool

Two tutors Geoff and Adam took us through the pro`s and con`s of different equipment, paints,primers,masking etc,looking after your equipment and a whole lot of hands on work in how to get the best out of your airbrush.

The venue was excellent and the cost included drinks during breaks and a hot lunch and should you have to travel accomodation is available.

Thanks to Geoff and Adam for a great day that I can highly recommend.BigGrin

Keep an eye on the link below for the next workshops:

http://www.scalemodellingnow.com/

One additional bonus was a free kit to practice my new found skills on. See pic attached.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20180527_181637.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

jase
#2 Posted : 29 May 2018 07:12:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Sounds like a great day

With so much talent on modelspace maybe they should do some workshops Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#3 Posted : 29 May 2018 08:22:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good to hear you had a great day Derek and found the workshop really worthwhile.....Cool Cool .. Now you have to put all that new found knowledge into practice....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

arpurchase
#4 Posted : 29 May 2018 09:00:27

BigGrin Sounds like you had a great day out and learned something tooCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

CaptnBirdseye
#5 Posted : 29 May 2018 13:35:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for the review Derek. I really wanted to attend that one as well, but the dates didn't work for me Sad

I will just have too look out for the next one. Unless someone wants to do a joint one-on-one with the instructors. They have offered a 4 hour private tuition for £95, if anyone is interested?

Regards
Gray
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 08 June 2018 17:48:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Certainly was a most worthwhile day. Cool

I have attached a new link showing the day and venue in pics and the feedback from people who attended.

www.scalemodellingnow.co...-in-a-day-workshops-2018

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 30 June 2019 10:09:18

Hi all, BigGrin BigGrin

Following on from last years success "Scale modelling now" have just released info for some more one day courses. Cool Cool

Spaces for these courses are limited, so if you are interested don`t hesitate.

Here`s a link to the info:

https://www.scalemodelli...com/modelling-workshops

I`m already booked into the figure painting workshop.ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#8 Posted : 30 June 2019 17:33:52

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Just booked mine, can't believe it is in Daventry, where I work.Cool LOL

Mark
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 30 June 2019 17:47:58

Markwarren wrote:
Just booked mine, can't believe it is in Daventry, where I work.Cool LOL

Mark

Which workshop have you booked into?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#10 Posted : 30 June 2019 17:52:55

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Same as you, thought I’d do that one as I have 30 soldiers to paint for my landing craft.LOL

The wife has bought it for me as a birthday treat. Result.LOL ThumpUp

Mark
Gandale
#11 Posted : 30 June 2019 23:23:31

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hey Derek/Mark, you could do the course and pass all that new knowledge onto the rest of us.....LOL Flapper LOL Flapper LOL Flapper …. Thanks for sharing...

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 05 December 2019 20:33:16

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Well here`s the next chance to enhance your modelling skills at a one-day workshop.

Over the last couple of years I have attended two workshops and I`m going for my third in March 2020.

I`ve booked onto the "Aircraft detailing skills" workshop as there are lots of skills included that are relevant to different model genre. PE and resin but to mention a couple.

You can check out the full details in the link below and make up your own mind

www.scalemodellingnow.co...mp;utm_campaign=December 2019&utm_content=December 2019+CID_8f99ac3991684ec7618d539b1ed68f62&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=Modelling Workshops page

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Gandale
#13 Posted : 07 December 2019 00:15:18

Nice one Derek, you'll become an expert soon....LOL LOL LOL .. Look forward to hearing all about the experience....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 07 December 2019 00:19:43

EXPERT - Blink Confused LOL Flapper

EX - Something that was

Spurt - A drip under pressure

I fit in there LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#15 Posted : 07 December 2019 09:50:45

They are great workshops,ThumpUp I attended last years along with Derek, but unfortunately I won’t be able to make this year.Crying

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#16 Posted : 08 December 2019 14:52:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I hope they repeat the workshop on airbrushing techniques, as i was unable to attend their last one Love
CaptnBirdseye
#17 Posted : 16 July 2020 09:53:44

I see that the Scale Modelling Now website are advertising this years' Modelling in a Day Workshops for 4th October, at Belton Woods, near Grantham.

I missed out the last time these were held, so i've signed up for this year BigGrin Is any one thinking of going? They get rave reviews Love

Link below...

https://www.scalemodelli....com/modelling-workshops
delboy271155
#18 Posted : 16 July 2020 17:22:26

[quote=CaptnBirdseye]I see that the Scale Modelling Now website are advertising this years' Modelling in a Day Workshops for 4th October, at Belton Woods, near Grantham.

I missed out the last time these were held, so i've signed up for this year BigGrin Is any one thinking of going? They get rave reviews Love

Link below...

https://www.scalemodelli...com/modelling-workshops[/quote]

Hi Gray, BigGrin BigGrin

These workshops are bang on in my opinion.

This will be my third, having done:

Basic airbrushing

Face and figure painting

This time I`m on the "Aircraft Detailing Skills" workshop on that day as it was held over from earlier in the year when everything went into lock down. Crying

All being well hope to see you there.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek

CaptnBirdseye
#19 Posted : 17 July 2020 09:00:48

delboy271155 wrote:
[quote=CaptnBirdseye]I see that the Scale Modelling Now website are advertising this years' Modelling in a Day Workshops for 4th October, at Belton Woods, near Grantham.

Link below...

https://www.scalemodelli...com/modelling-workshops[/quote]

Hi Gray, BigGrin BigGrin

These workshops are bang on in my opinion.

This will be my third, having done:

Basic airbrushing

Face and figure painting

This time I`m on the "Aircraft Detailing Skills" workshop on that day as it was held over from earlier in the year when everything went into lock down. Crying

All being well hope to see you there.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek

Deffo! I was torn between the courses and to be honest i was impressed by your Cleopatra build, so i've enrolled on the Figure Face Painting Skills workshop. Its's being tutored by David Graham Lane, 'one of the best figure and face painters in the world (and that’s no exaggeration!)', so should be really good!
It's something i've never done and really fancied giving it a try!
Mind you it's cost me a 'free' dinner out with 'Er in doors BigGrin
delboy271155
#20 Posted : 17 July 2020 16:54:10

Like you say Gray, David Lane is one of the best.Cool

These "Scale Modelling Now" courses will bring out the best in you. (Well worth the Dinner for your good Lady).

Be sure to take a note book with you as there will be a massive amount of info for you to digest. I have gone back to my notes on several occasions to nudge the old grey cells back into order. LOL LOL

Scale Modelling Now`s web site is also a mine of info which you can get full access too for £15 a year. (Limited access for guests) The other good news is that if you can make it to the IPMS biggest show at Telford you get in for free, which means you just saved your membershio fee.

Win Win. Cool Cool Cool

See you in October Gray. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)