Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

T-72 Tank RC pack 12 Options
rabosr
#1 Posted : 06 June 2018 21:14:26

Groups: Registered

Problems getting the T-72 tank receiver and transmitter to accept each other.
The Tank responds with the two beeps but the lights keep flashing. They will not stop. Any suggestions?
Ray
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 06 June 2018 21:27:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi rabosr

First can you check all the connections connected to the control box are seated correctly and that all the switches are placed as per the instructions.

Then can you check that your receiver has the same printed codes as in post #6 in the link below:-

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=25307

If the codes on the receiver are correct you may have a faulty transmitter so please contact C/S for a replacement.

If the top code is missing from the receiver then it is that part that needs replacing.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

notsram
#3 Posted : 25 June 2018 08:36:35

I'm getting something similar to this too.

Turn the tank on, get the beeps and the lights start flashing rapidly.
Turn the transmitter on and the lights flash a lot more slowly. But that's as far as it gets. I left it for a good few minutes, but nothing happened.

Oh, and is the smoke generator supposed to be so noisy? It's really loud!
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 25 June 2018 08:55:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi notsram

Can you do the checks as listed in post #2.

Also can you check your switch for Wi-Fi or R/C is mounted the correct way around and double check the orientation of the wires from the receiver to control box are correct.

The smoke generator will make some noise from the pump but it should not be loud. If the noise is loud and grindy then a replacement should be ordered from C/S.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

notsram
#5 Posted : 25 June 2018 12:10:09

Thanks. At work atm, so can't do the checks yet, but will do this evening.
notsram
#6 Posted : 25 June 2018 22:00:05

Ok, I'm getting somewhere. Checked my receiver board and the model number is correct (received three new circuit boards with pack 12, so swapped all of them out at the same time). Hadn't realised that the B&C cable instructions were wrong, so switched them around. Also checked all the cabling and spotted that one of the sockets on the control unit was a bit loose. Reseated it, fired it up again and the controller now sort of controls my tank Blink Laugh

Movement and steering is fine. As is the turret rotation. But... moving the gun barrel upwards moves it up, then down, then upwards again, and moving it down fires the main gun?!?

The gun fires from the fire button, but there doesn't seem to be any recoil, although I do get recoil if the gun fires when I press the control to move the gun down...

Any suggestions? I'm guessing I've got something wired up the wrong way round, so will do a few more checks tomorrow night.

Thanks for your help BigGrin
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 25 June 2018 22:05:29

Glad your on the way now, sounds like a crossed wire in the turret somewhere and a recheck job as you say.

notsram
#8 Posted : 26 June 2018 23:11:34

Starting to suspect there's a dodgy board in there somewhere. I pulled the entire turret apart, unplugged every cable, checked that they're all in the right sockets and it's still not working properly. Unless you have any other suggestions, I think I'll contact Modelspace and ask for a replacement board for the turret.
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 27 June 2018 07:16:49

That would have been my next advice so do that.

notsram
#10 Posted : 25 August 2018 10:28:26

Sorry to resurrect an old thread,but modelspace support have been messing me around for two months over this, so I need to contact them directly. Is the Batterseas Studios address in London the best one to write to?
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 25 August 2018 11:16:04

I presume you mean Customer Servives rather than the ModelSpace forum. Could you send me a PM with the relevant information and I will try and resolve the problem for you or will put it under the nose of c/s, but as its the bank holiday it wont get looked into until Tuesday.

notsram
#12 Posted : 27 August 2018 15:34:37

Sorry, yes, I didn't mean you guys on here!