Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages 123>»
Martyn's Vasa bash Options
Martyn Ingram
#1 Posted : 07 June 2018 07:04:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi all I have just received the first packs of this iconic ship Cool
My plan is to add a lot more detail to this brilliant kit . I have been looking forward to this kit coming out after building the Corel one which I consider is very poor in instructions and shape where the Deag one is far more accurate Cool
I am going to collect a few more issues before I start the build Cool

See you soon
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Tomick
#2 Posted : 07 June 2018 07:40:52

Groups:

Nice choice and look forward to seeing what you do with it Cool
Gandale
#3 Posted : 07 June 2018 08:57:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to hear you've decided to take this one on Martyn, she's a beautiful build and I know you'll do something special with her.... Look forward to see you get underway and to follow your progress.... Good luck with the build.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#4 Posted : 07 June 2018 09:08:32

BigGrin Cheers Tom and Alan Cool
I have been itching to get my hands on this one as its probably my favourite ship Love and the Deag one is the most accurate on out there and looking at the official build the kit looks very high quality Love

Thanks again
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arek
#5 Posted : 07 June 2018 17:55:28

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great to hear that Martyn! ThumpUp

I received my second pack yesterdayDrool but I will wait with my build until I have at least 4 packs. I'm also planing some "additions" but I need gather more info about the Vasa and test few things on my San Francisco.
Actually I have this crazy idea to show somehow interior of the main cabin but have no clue for the moment how to do thatBlink
Would be nice to have assembly instructions for all packs before even start the build.

Will follow with much interest!

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#6 Posted : 07 June 2018 18:27:43

BigGrin Hi Arek I had the same idea with the great cabin and the lower gun deck probably with lighting Cool but we will see BigGrin
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
arek
#7 Posted : 07 June 2018 19:06:27

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Hi Arek I had the same idea with the great cabin and the lower gun deck probably with lighting Cool but we will see BigGrin
Martyn

That makes two of us scratching headsLOL LOL
I will definitely add some lights as I love the effect on my San Francisco. I wonder if ships from that period had lanterns on mastsBigGrin

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#8 Posted : 07 June 2018 19:19:01

Confused Not to sure about lanterns on the masts but she would have had one on the stern Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#9 Posted : 09 June 2018 12:59:06

BigGrin Cheers Deag I have just got pack 2 Love Oooh got itchy fingers Laugh
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Gandale
#10 Posted : 09 June 2018 13:27:57

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Cheers Deag I have just got pack 2 Love Oooh got itchy fingers Laugh
Martyn

Resistance will wane Martyn, of that I'm sure.....BigGrin BigGrin .. I'm watching and waiting for you to get going so don't keep your elders waiting too long.....Laugh Laugh Laugh

Regards

Alan

ian smith
#11 Posted : 03 July 2018 13:23:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Look Forward to seeing this one come together MartynCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Martyn Ingram
#12 Posted : 03 July 2018 19:45:29

BigGrin Cheers for looking in guys just need a couple of more issues to start as I need to have the all the hull parts to see if my idea is feasible Confused
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#13 Posted : 16 September 2018 14:48:31

BigGrin Well let's get this party started Cool
I'm planning on doing a bit of a custom bash and to start with one of the cannons Cool The carriage was cut from the fret and sanded to get rid of the char then stained black. The gun carriage was glued together the axles where cut to size and drilled to except the wheel pins and the wheels where glued on and stained black . The barrel was cleaned up and primed. The handles where glued into place. Once dry the bronze paint was applied and allowed to dry Cool . The gun was then glued to the carriage. I made some trunnions out of some thin plastic strip and painted gun metal. Two small holes where then drilled and some very small pins where glued into place for the bolts Cool . The same pins where cut down to make the wheel pins .
That's it for the time being but will be working on the next instalment this week
Thanks for looking
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1508.jpg
ships 1509.jpg
ships 1510.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
mogwai
#14 Posted : 16 September 2018 15:53:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi nice start ,still got my cannons and anchor to do yet ,looking forward to seeing ,what you have planned for her cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
jase
#15 Posted : 16 September 2018 16:04:57

Cannons look coolCool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#16 Posted : 16 September 2018 18:54:35

Nicely done Martyn, will be following your progress....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#17 Posted : 16 September 2018 20:14:13

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Martyn, cannons look great.

Mark
magpie1832
#18 Posted : 16 September 2018 22:08:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Off to a nice start Martyn. Looks great.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

nightwisher
#19 Posted : 16 September 2018 23:03:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Been looking forward to this I know it's gonna be good.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
arpurchase
#20 Posted : 17 September 2018 08:04:36

BigGrin Nice start Martin and looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .