Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages <1234>»
Martyn's Vasa bash Options
Martyn Ingram
#21 Posted : 22 September 2018 08:30:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Thanks for the brilliant comments guys Cool
I have been looking forward to building this ship as soon as I found out it was coming out Cool and it hasn't disappointed yet as the castings have been spot on, no flash or large mold lines BigGrin
The anchor has been painted and the stock fitted. I made some bands out of plastic strip to go round the wooden stock and painted them with iron paint . The ring was fitted and wrapped with some thread Cool
Next job the angels. Fiddley little devils but they came out well Blink
The Royal crest was next . I'm not to happy with the gold as it looks to brassy so this weekend I will get some different paint and dry brush it over Cool
The cannons have been painted and dry brushed to make them look older Cool
Hopefully will start the hull bulkheads this weekend
Thanks for following
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1511.jpg
ships 1512.jpg
ships 1513.jpg
ships 1517.jpg
ships 1519.jpg
ships 1521.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#22 Posted : 22 September 2018 09:09:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely work Martyn, painting of the decorations have turned out really nice. If this is a taste of things to come then she's going to be a stunner.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#23 Posted : 22 September 2018 10:45:09

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely work Martyn, looks excellent.Love

Mark
arpurchase
#24 Posted : 23 September 2018 00:33:25

BigGrin All looking good and nice work on those painted partsCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

tigerace
#25 Posted : 23 September 2018 09:37:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work MartynDrool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Martyn Ingram
#26 Posted : 23 September 2018 16:33:25

BigGrin Cheers for the comments guys Cool
A bit more painting done on the decorations while waiting for the first bits of the hull to dry
I repainted the coat of arms with gold paint from Mig and then did the two lions that go each side Cool the other frame was painted and highlight Cool
Next job the two knights. Had a slight problem with one of them as he two left arms but it's being sorted out Cool so painted the other one, quite fiddley but not as fiddley as the two little fellas which are tiny Blink . Then just to give my eyes a rest the two lion heads where painted in beige and picked out with a brown wash Cool
Thanks for following
Martyn
Ps I forgot to mention the ugly face one LOL
ships 1522.jpg
ships 1523.jpg
ships 1524.jpg
ships 1526.jpg
ships 1528.jpg
ships 1531.jpg
ships 1532.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Markwarren
#27 Posted : 23 September 2018 17:04:26

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Martyn, some lovely intricate painting.Love

Mark
arpurchase
#28 Posted : 23 September 2018 17:40:44

BigGrin All looking good and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#29 Posted : 23 September 2018 22:16:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful job on the decorations Martyn, they look great.

Graeme
Gandale
#30 Posted : 23 September 2018 23:21:54

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely work on the decorations Martyn, looks great....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#31 Posted : 24 September 2018 09:08:47

BigGrin Thanks for the comments everyone Cool
I thought the Sovereign had some decorations on it but this ship takes it to the next level as I didn't realise there where so many colours. Loving it though Love . I have now made up a box just for the paints so they are much easier to find Cool
Next update soon
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
DaDokta
#32 Posted : 24 September 2018 13:32:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Brilliant painting job! Your decorations look awesome!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Sticky Wickett
#33 Posted : 25 September 2018 14:17:10

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent painting of the decorations Martyn!Cool

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
magpie1832
#34 Posted : 25 September 2018 18:09:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great painting of the figures. Lots more to go.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#35 Posted : 25 September 2018 18:33:16

magpie1832 wrote:
Great painting of the figures. Lots more to go.

Chris

BigGrin Looking at the instructions there are loads of them can't wait Love cheers for the comments Chris
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
nightwisher
#36 Posted : 25 September 2018 19:01:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some very fine work on display ,I think your gonna spend as much time painting as you are building.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Snoepert
#37 Posted : 02 October 2018 08:03:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Cheers Tom and Alan Cool
I have been itching to get my hands on this one as its probably my favourite ship Love and the Deag one is the most accurate on out there and looking at the official build the kit looks very high quality Love

Thanks again
Martyn

I have startEd to build this beautiful model and am looking forward to sharing my build with fellow builders.
Today I received all the paint I need for this build and will start the fine painting when I have pieces to do.
In the mean time I am working on the Red Dragon by AL.

Snoepert
Martyn Ingram
#38 Posted : 14 October 2018 14:24:18

BigGrin Thanks for the comments guys Cool
Looking forward to seeing your build Snoepert you won't be disappointed as its a great ship to build Cool
After painting all the little decorations that's come with the pack I have glued the hull and frames and started planking this beast. Be careful with the top of the ribs as they are very delicate as I managed to snap one off just resting on my knees faring the ribs Crying but it glued up ok Cool as you can see I have used map pins to hold the planks in place if you use this method pre drill the holes in the ribs first as they will split.
Next update more planking
Martyn
ships 1533.jpg
ships 1534.jpg
ships 1538.jpg
ships 1541.jpg
ships 1544.jpg
ships 1546.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
mogwai
#39 Posted : 14 October 2018 16:00:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi coming along well and looking good cheers mick. BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
pemberg
#40 Posted : 14 October 2018 20:49:12

Looking good Martyn, nice work.