Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Congratulations to Jenson Options
Mike Turpin
#1 Posted : 31 July 2011 23:37:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month
Groups: Registered

After all the congratulations to Hamilton last week, it looks as if I will be the first to congratulate the REAL DRIVER in the Maclaren team. Well done Jenson, when the conditions are difficult, you can rely on Jenson to drive the perfect race leaving the others to trip over the circuit, tyres, race rules etc.

Also congratulations on the 200th GP for Jenson -- Have another slice of cake BigGrin Cool

Mike T
Zeptrader
#2 Posted : 01 August 2011 07:14:01

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Quote:
congratulate the REAL DRIVER in the Maclaren team

seems sarcasm is getting to you mike! Angry

maybe the perfect race for Jenson, but he's a boring driver compared to a driver like Lewis, who hangs the backside of the McLaren out at every given chance, harassing a red bull to make a pass only to leave jenson stil trying to get passed...whats going on there Blink

oh well, let's ponder this thread and sit back for 4 weeks and take in all the bbc/sky fighting, one thing that's certain..it will probably have a big impact on the sport once they go to sky.

still a great race, shame the WRONG driver won the race, there's always spa to change that BigGrin
Mike Turpin
#3 Posted : 01 August 2011 10:13:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Hi Colin

You may not believe it but no sarcasm was intended. I was simply expressing my sincere view that Jenson is the better driver and deserves to be congratulated on a difficult race. BigGrin

I hope we don't fall out at a personal level because I very much admire the modelling that you do and your contributions to the forum.

Mike T
MWG
#4 Posted : 01 August 2011 11:21:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mike as much as I want Lewis to win, I have to agree with you, and to use Lewis`s quote "The best driver won on the day"BigGrin BigGrin
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Austin
#5 Posted : 01 August 2011 11:28:20

Lewis is good, but jenson is a much more cool customer, he keeps his nerve in hard conditions which makes him the no1 in mclaren. I still think vetted will win the championship as he needs a few dnf, to give any one a chance.
kryten2b
#6 Posted : 01 August 2011 15:25:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Let's face it they're both fantastic drivers in their own rights & deserve to be taking the chequered flag.
BigGrin
At the end of the day, I'd much rather see a McLaren driven by either British World Champion take the flag than a Red Bull or Ferrari.
Flapper
So Well done Jenson - a fantastic way to celebrate your 200th.

I'll finish with a wish for the next race or races - can we have some McLaren 1-2's please
Drool
Well spin my nipple-nuts & send me to Alaska

Current Builds:
McLaren MP4-23Finished
007's Aston Martin DB5Finished
Millennium Falcon
R2-D2
BTTF Delorean (Maybe)
Zeptrader
#7 Posted : 01 August 2011 18:51:30

Mike..sorry pal, it should not have sounded the way it did, I was writing that with a smile on me face.

I'll think next time before typing.
Blackspear
#8 Posted : 04 August 2011 07:15:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Agreed, congratulations Jenson, although you have to say that if it wasn't for that wrong tyre choice and that absolutely stupid penalty, Lewis would have romped it, he had an awesome race up until that point. Once again, a silly decision cost him the race. Anyone noticed how well Paul DiResta is doing, he gets into one of the top teams and I think we could be hailing yet another british world champion!
Dontshootme
#9 Posted : 04 August 2011 10:03:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Lewis deserved the penalty,you can't just spin your car round with 3 or 4 cars racing towards you & then say you didn't see them,sorry Lewis...you should have gone to Specsavers!!!
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
lee.takel
#10 Posted : 04 August 2011 13:17:03

F1 going to Sky, is it going to be like the ITV days, when something interesting is happening they'll cut to an advert break.
karl1113
#11 Posted : 05 August 2011 00:30:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Dontshootme wrote:
Lewis deserved the penalty,you can't just spin your car round with 3 or 4 cars racing towards you & then say you didn't see them,sorry Lewis...you should have gone to Specsavers!!!

took the words right out of my mouth,rob,after all he has his own chair in the marshal's office, probably has a cup of coffee whilst he is there,what really doe's worry me though is,he will kill someone or himself,he has got to rein in a bit,and do a bit of waiting for a change.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Zeptrader
#12 Posted : 05 August 2011 06:37:07

Quote:
what really doe's worry me though is,he will kill someone or himself

total and utter (cant say the words I wanna use) RUBBISH!!!!

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG, NEVER A TRASH COMMENT SPOKEN SO BRILLIANTLY KARL, WELL DONE KEEP IT UP, OH..YOU DID BigGrin
MWG
#13 Posted : 05 August 2011 08:50:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Colin you were up early this morning,Lewis could not avoid doing the spin he did it was pure reaction, to be fair his driving style is like many of the greatsBigGrin
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

karl1113
#14 Posted : 05 August 2011 10:14:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

ooooooooooooo that did provoke a reaction,and in red,colin it was my opinion, not a fact,yet,he is an entertaining driver,think of it this way,
if senna,mansell,hamilton,shumaker,put them on the grid together,what do you think will happen???I know there wouldn't be 4 finishers,but if you added button to the mix,I THINK there would only be one finisher.you would have a rare old punch-up after,now that I would like to see.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
MWG
#15 Posted : 05 August 2011 10:54:14

What you would get is A MEGA RACE!!!!!!! Drool BigGrin

Dontshootme
#16 Posted : 06 August 2011 13:08:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

karl1113 wrote:
ooooooooooooo that did provoke a reaction,and in red,colin it was my opinion, not a fact,yet,he is an entertaining driver,think of it this way,
if senna,mansell,hamilton,shumaker,put them on the grid together,what do you think will happen???I know there wouldn't be 4 finishers,but if you added button to the mix,I THINK there would only be one finisher.you would have a rare old punch-up after,now that I would like to see.

Senna,Hamilton & Schumacher(before his comeback!)would all take each other out,Mansell would probably run out of fuel or blow a tyre(sorry Nigel but you were over fond of doing both!Blink)leaving Button to carry on in his usual unruffled manner looking after his tyres,making the correct tyre decisions when needed & taking the chequered flagFlapper LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Austin
#17 Posted : 07 August 2011 13:41:46

Face it Lewis fans, button is an all round better driver. He was asked to come in to change his tyres, he chose to ignore them and make his own decision, they told Lewis to come in and he did. So you can't blame bad decision making by the team, Lewis just dosnt seem to use his common as much.
Zeptrader
#18 Posted : 07 August 2011 14:38:54

Quote:
Face it Lewis fans, button is an all round better driver. He was asked to come in to change his tyres, he chose to ignore them and make his own decision, they told Lewis to come in and he did. So you can't blame bad decision making by the team, Lewis just dosnt seem to use his common as much.

rubbish..again Flapper
MWG
#19 Posted : 07 August 2011 14:44:09

Lewis is the driver who is exciteing to watch, and keeps the debate in F1BigGrin BigGrin

Tomick
#20 Posted : 07 August 2011 14:58:35

lee.takel wrote:
F1 going to Sky, is it going to be like the ITV days, when something interesting is happening they'll cut to an advert break.

It has already been agreed that there will not be any Sky ad breaks during racing.