Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

First model ship to be painted Options
Chappy
#1 Posted : 17 July 2018 11:54:26

Groups: Registered

Hi

This is my first model ship that I have to paint, I have build previously Artesania Latina models, no painting.

I want to get some advice on what paints to use, how to paint exactly dont know anything about model painting? Blink

Thanks
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 17 July 2018 17:35:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi

Cornwall model boats do a dedicated paint set for the San Felipe. The Admiralty paints in the set are formulated for model ship building. They do ship internationally but it may be high postage wise.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page in the link below:-

https://www.cornwallmode...miralty_paint_sets.html

Andy

Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#3 Posted : 17 July 2018 22:37:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Chappy, I'd recommend the use of acrylic paints, they're water based and easy to use. As for advice on painting, would suggest you take a look at the many build diaries here on the forum, you'll pick up lots of tips from many of the ship modellers here. Also, have a search around on YouTube, again there are multiple video's there giving lots of advice on painting period ships....Cool Cool .. Last thing I suggest you do is to practice your painting skills on some spare wooden strips, you'll soon get the hang of it....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan