Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Errors in Details Options
Redrider969
#1 Posted : 13 August 2018 22:06:23

Groups: Registered

I have owned three Honda CB750Ks, including a 1970K0 that I owned for over 20 years. I also have several books on the CB750, including John Wyatt's book, Original Honda CB750 The Restorer's Guide to K and F Series 750 SOHC models 1968 - 78, considered to be the definitive resource on changes by model year.

I am still building my model. I am currently on Pack 10, Stage 33. To date I have noticed three errors in model details, two of which are easily corrected. They include:

1)The rear sprocket. The sprocket on the model has a "sprocket ring" cast into the outside of the sprocket. This ring was not present on the K0 model, appearing for the first time on the K1 model in 1971. The reason for the ring is unclear. It is suggested it's purpose was to provide a place to hang the chain during rear wheel removal and installation. Others suggest it was designed to "catch" the chain if it came off the sprocket. In any case, it is a definite mistake in the model, and one that is not easily corrected.

2) The directions for the installation of the rear wheel on the swing arm, states that the axle be installed from the brake plate side with the nut on the sprocket side. That is the reverse of how the axle was installed on the bikes - an easy fix.

3) The directions for the placement of the blue triangular decals on the rear shocks is incorrect. The decals should be placed on bottom of the shocks, not on the shock covers.

I have not been able to find a clear picture of the decal in any of my resources. I do believe a decal is visible in the picture on Page 7 of Wyatt's book. Perhaps a careful search on the internet will produce a clear picture.

For now, if you have not already installed the decals, I would suggest they be placed on the curved part of the shocks, very close to the bottom bracket that attaches the shock to the swing arm. Be careful to place them on the outside of the shock. The pin on the side of the shock cover on the upper part of the shock is on the inside of the shock. The decal should be placed on the other side.

I hope others will find these details helpful. I will post any additional issues I find, and would appreciate and insights or comments. These small details aside, this is a beautiful model - as well it should be for the price. I have two CB750 Minichamp models, 1/6 and 1/12 scale. Both are beautiful models, especially for the price, but neither can match the quality of this model. I am very much looking forward to completing it.
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 14 August 2018 06:22:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your build.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#3 Posted : 14 August 2018 14:04:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forumBigGrin glad to hear you are enjoying your build, its a really impressive kit at 1/4 scale.

Al