Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
TheChooks USS Constitution Options
TheChook
#1 Posted : 19 August 2018 06:02:28

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hey all

Novice builder actually first time build going to try my hand at this I choose the constitution because as a novice I believe I can do this out of the box and follow the instructions

Build is subscription over 24 months from Australia so without any more intro we commission the dockyards open

Lord have mercy on the poor solesCursing
File Attachment(s):
39F3798A-3DA7-43D4-9984-6600838F7AFA.jpeg (1,565kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
B2652858-484A-479A-BB35-5B5C6CEB6393.jpeg (1,136kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 19 August 2018 07:59:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to the forum and enjoy your build of the Conny she's a great kit. Make sure you take a look at the official build diary as it will contain the latest in updates for the build.

If you resize your pictures to around 600x450 pixels they will show up on the forum and not as a download.Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

TRalektra
#3 Posted : 19 August 2018 07:59:35

Welcome to the dockyards.

BigGrin Very Nice work so far TheChookBigGrin.
Gandale
#4 Posted : 19 August 2018 09:39:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum, am sure you'll enjoy your build and hope you enjoy your time with us. Look forward to seeing your build progress...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 19 August 2018 10:45:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum. BigGrin

Looks like you are off to a good start.

Cool Cool Cool

Congrats on your "Blue" medal for starting a diary.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

TheChook
#6 Posted : 19 August 2018 13:11:27

Thanks for the warm welcome as expected the start is very straight forward but i figure take my time to make it right i have a few weeks before next dispatch but excitement gets the better of me

stage 2 of pack 1 now complete and really enjoying it so far

ill figure the photos out taking them on the ipad at the moment
TheChook attached the following image(s):
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
Martyn Ingram
#7 Posted : 19 August 2018 13:26:43

BigGrin Looking good Cool just one thing the anchor stock is in line with the flukes it needs to be turned round 90degs Cool hope this helps
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
TheChook
#8 Posted : 19 August 2018 13:46:20

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Looking good Cool just one thing the anchor stock is in line with the flukes it needs to be turned round 90degs Cool hope this helps
Martyn

Ahh thanks couldn’t tell buy the picture thanks for the tip
Martyn Ingram
#9 Posted : 19 August 2018 14:04:19

BigGrin No problem looking forward to seeing your build Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
TheChook
#10 Posted : 20 August 2018 10:39:44

Thanks to Martyn have changed the stocks around 90 degrees on the flukes looks so much better, and progressed through stage 3, going to enjoy seeing it grow
Stage 3.jpg
TRalektra
#11 Posted : 22 August 2018 01:18:01

Hello Thechook looks great so farBigGrin, you might want to build a jig to keep the keel straight, as it may warp over time. Looking forward to seeing your build.Cool
arpurchase
#12 Posted : 22 August 2018 07:22:20

BigGrin Looking good and I agree time to start thinking about a dry dockCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#13 Posted : 22 August 2018 08:29:48

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along nicely...Cool Cool .. Have to agree, a dry dock is a must for these kind of kits.... You may find the info in this thread helpful.....

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=20425

Regards

Alan
TheChook
#14 Posted : 22 August 2018 14:49:41

Thanks guys yes very much so I was looking at it earlier I think it’s time to build a dry dock through this stage any thoughts on dimensions.
Gandale
#15 Posted : 22 August 2018 22:35:42

TheChook wrote:
Thanks guys yes very much so I was looking at it earlier I think it’s time to build a dry dock through this stage any thoughts on dimensions.

My standard dry dock is a 1000x250x20mm section of MDF with good quality angled brackets.... Has done me well for many builds.....

Cheers

Alan
TheChook
#16 Posted : 23 August 2018 13:27:18

Gandale wrote:
TheChook wrote:

My standard dry dock is a 1000x250x20mm section of MDF with good quality angled brackets.... Has done me well for many builds.....

Cheers

Alan

What’s the distance of the brackets do you have them tight or lose, cheers
arpurchase
#17 Posted : 23 August 2018 14:39:09

You should aim for around 5 or six brackets per side. Firstly draw a line down the centre of your board and use this line to lay the keel along.

Before fitting the angle brackets check they are at a true 90 degree angle then screw them in position along one side making sure they are in a straight line and they do not go above the keel where the 1st false deck is to be fitted in place. You may need to shorten the upright arm to fit also do not fit them so they will fowl any frames when they are fitted to the false keel .

Next place the keel in position on the board and add the angle brackets to the other side so the keel is held straight but can still be removed from the dry dock if necessary.

TheChook
#18 Posted : 24 August 2018 01:26:24

arpurchase wrote:
You should aim for around 5 or six brackets per side. Firstly draw a line down the centre of your board and use this line to lay the keel along.

Before fitting the angle brackets check they are at a true 90 degree angle then screw them in position along one side making sure they are in a straight line and they do not go above the keel where the 1st false deck is to be fitted in place. You may need to shorten the upright arm to fit also do not fit them so they will fowl any frames when they are fitted to the false keel .

Next place the keel in position on the board and add the angle brackets to the other side so the keel is held straight but can still be removed from the dry dock if necessary.

Thanks for that will arrange this week I think
TheChook
#19 Posted : 26 August 2018 12:05:05

so jig is built first for me i hope it does the job seems to look the part,

stage 5 is now complete and so begins the long wait for the next stage delivery :)
Jig.jpg
Stage 5.jpg
magpie1832
#20 Posted : 26 August 2018 14:43:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice to see youv'e made a start. Looking good.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.