Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

GT2000 out-of-the box build Options
gngan
#1 Posted : 20 August 2018 08:16:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I am just an ok modeller and have stopped building high-detailed kits for 6 years. This is just an out of the box build. At the moment, I simply enjoy putting parts together and don't want to pick up the spray gun and manage all the PEs.

For me, building the engine bay of a "used" car is way easier than a "new" car, and nothing beats good-old washing and weathering with Tamiya weathering master sets here and there. I think the some of the GT2000's parts are too glossy (the hoses), shiny (the seat), or too one-toned in the paint. When in doubt, I (1) smoke spray chrome/shiny engine parts (TS-71) (2) semi-gloss car elements (3) rubberise the hoses (TS-82 and Vallejo 306 works surprisingly well)(4) use different colour/tones for small components. The seats of GT2000 is too glossy to be like leather, I just flat-coated them and rub a little bit of wax for leather feel (it works for me). The drawbacks of not using spray gun and PE are that (1) no real metal feel even if needed (Alclad series is fantastic) (2) no subtlety in tones (3) missing the tiny bit of details that make things interesting (cable ties, hose joints, small little springs for throttle control, etc.). I always have the issue for aligning and fitting the soft-white metal components for MFH kits, Deagostinti's kits don't have these issues so far.

Some rookie mistakes are made: (1) over handling the engine block chips the cam cover's silver trims (2) tried to create wear-off effects on seats and obviously failed.

Some pictures are posted, refinement needed. Not sure when will be my next build. Just sharing the joy of modelling.
gngan attached the following image(s):
IMG_2214.jpg
IMG_2217.jpg
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg
Gandale
#2 Posted : 20 August 2018 08:55:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely pics, thanks for sharing your work....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing more of your builds....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#3 Posted : 20 August 2018 12:00:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A great start to your build BigGrin will be looking out for your updates.

Al
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 20 August 2018 12:33:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely pictures, you certainly have an eye for detail. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Mark
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 20 August 2018 16:55:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking good WTG

Cool Cool Cool

Congrats on your "Blue" medal for starting a diary.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#6 Posted : 21 August 2018 07:08:05

BigGrin Looks good to me and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

gngan
#7 Posted : 21 August 2018 08:25:31

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Still missing my good old days in high-detailed modelling....
gngan attached the following image(s):
IMG_1489.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_0857new.jpg