Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Operating problems? Options
Aerod
#1 Posted : 28 August 2018 11:02:42

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi.
I have just finished my T 72 and seem to have a slight problem. The front lights go solid and the engine starts. Right stick operates as the book says
Smoke generator operates on switch. Left stick left and right rotates turret. Left stick up raises gun and then lowers gun stick down fires recoils gun.. middle button fires cannon button Top button tank recoils about 2 inches but no light in muzzle or recoil of barrel Not sure whether IR is working
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 28 August 2018 13:05:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Aerod

Your switches on the transmitter do not seem to be working correctly. The top button should fire the main gun with recoil and the middle button should just give a machine gun sound.

Can you recheck all your connections are seated and placed correctly in the circuit and main control boards and get back to me if your still having problems.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Aerod
#3 Posted : 28 August 2018 16:39:56

Hi Andy
Thanks for your speedy reply.

Yes there was a problem with a connector not being seated properly and things have improved

Left stick down now fires the gun with recoil on both tank and gun barrel Light in barrel and IR are working. Stick up still moves gun up and down

Centre button does fire the machine gun

Top button now fires the gun and everything is working except the gun barrel does not recoil
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 28 August 2018 17:02:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Aerod

Sounds like there is still a connector not seated correctly have you checked the turret connections as well.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

notsram
#5 Posted : 29 August 2018 12:44:35

This sounds a lot like the issue I've been having -

Movement and steering is fine. As is the turret rotation. But... moving the gun barrel upwards moves it up, then down, then upwards again, and moving it down fires the main gun.

The gun fires from the fire button, but there doesn't seem to be any recoil, although I do get recoil if the gun fires when I press the control to move the gun down...

I'm (big thanks to Andy on this!) being sent a new handset and control board, which will hopefully solve this. Maybe a small batch of faulty components?
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 29 August 2018 13:47:09

So far Aerod’s problems are associated with poorly fitted connectors rather than a dodgy batch of circuit boards and this should be kept in mind.

Aerod
#7 Posted : 29 August 2018 17:15:01

Hi

! am getting more and more confused. Thinking about the gun elevation this is operated by a motor driving a cam which act on the gun breech There are no end stops that I can see on the mechanism which continues to go round if the stick is pushed up. This makes the gun go up and down and up and down...

Now reverting to the IR which I thought was working based on the fact that the house explodes when fired upon. However this happens even if the house is placed behind the tank. I thought that the IR emitter above the barrel was directional. I have disconnected the IR receiver but that has not made any difference. Nor do I get the four red lights at the back. This is after thoroughly checking the connnectors
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 29 August 2018 17:46:34

Hi you have said previously that the gun will recoil when doing one action but not another for instance the gun fires from the stick with recoil but not the transmitter button so this tells me the recoil of the gun is fine its just not getting the correct signal. So it is either a faulty connection or it could be a damaged electronics board.

The four red lights at the rear should all light up when the tank start button is pressed and you get the engine sound. The tanks IR should not be going off like that as mine is very directional and will not hit the house every time unless aimed properly.

Please could you double check the connections from all the intermediate electronics boards those on the upper hull and turret if all is well and you still have problems phone up C/S for a replacement control board.

Andy

Aerod
#9 Posted : 30 August 2018 14:38:06

Okay so following your last post I checked all connectors and they seemed alright. I put a call in to CS and am waiting for David Williams to ring back with a view to ordering a replacement controller In thr mean time I disconnected all the wires to start afresh

I also decided to open up the controlled and in doing so noticed that one of the pins on socket L was bent flat With judicious use of very fine pliers I managed to straighten it

Putting everything together I now find that the rear red LEDs are all lit ant the Gun TR transmitter seems to be directional.

I am now, left with a main gun that fires with recoil both on barrel and on tank with the left stick down and a firing button where the barrel does not recoil

I can live with this

Thanks for your Help
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 30 August 2018 15:13:07

Glad to be of service and enjoy your T-72.

arpurchase
#11 Posted : 30 August 2018 15:13:07

Glad to be of service and enjoy your T-72.

Aerod
#12 Posted : 01 September 2018 14:28:08

Hi Andy.

I have now got a problem with the wifi unit. I am not sure whether this should be on this topic or another.

Firstly l fitted the unit as instructed. Switched to wifi from 2.4G and switched on. Opened my I pad and went to settings Found the tank under "TANK_T72_bd-36-78" and this came up with "no internet connection" as expected. Opened the previously loaded T72 app and was able to control the tank after powering up.

There was no picture however. I am not sure whether the picture should automatically appear under the control icons. I played around for a while but could not find the picture so switched off.. Since then I have not been able to get control.

I have taken the device out of the turret and carried out the procedure as follows

Firstly switch back to radio and check that all movements are as expected. Then switch off. Change to wifi and switch on. White lights flash, Settings on ipad again pick up the tank signal - red light in wifi unit is on. Open T72 app ok but no picture just the blue background with the controls and cannot power on to the tank

Am I right in thinking the picture from the wifi camera should be displayed

I am concerned that having got control once I cannot get it again

Regards

Aerod (a rather antique ex aerodynamicist)
arpurchase
#13 Posted : 01 September 2018 14:49:51

Hi Aerod

The blue screen indicates that the app has not joined with the tank so when starting up go into settings and make sure its in 'no internet connection' mode and it should work.

Can you check the lens on the wifi unit as it may have a protective cover still attached and also the wiring attachments are seated correctly. If no cover is present then it sounds like a faulty unit and you should contact C/S for a replacement.

Andy

Aerod
#14 Posted : 03 September 2018 09:24:39

Good morning Alan

I have checked the camera which does not seem to have a cover on it

I don't think the blue screen necessarily means that there is no connection as I initially managed to get control (once) from the blue screen, Sometimes there is a message on the blue screen that says connection failed

I will be ringing C/S later but before I ring I want to have your confirmation of the correct procedure

1.) Switch to wifi on tank.
2.) switch tank on - white lights flash - red light in camera unit flashes
3.) Go to settings on ipad and find 'TANK'
4.) Enter this as wifi setting - appears as 'TANK_T72_bd-36-78' with 'no
internet connection' (in red) and red light in camera unit goes solid
5.) Open tank app should the view from the camera appear on the screen and should the control panel be superimposed?

6.) press control and tank should start up

I ahve never seen a camera picture so I tend to think the unit is u/s`

Regards Aerod

arpurchase
#15 Posted : 03 September 2018 10:18:57

Hi Aerod

If the wifi connects you should go straight into camera on your phone with the controls superimposed on the screen. The blue screen indicates you are not connected to the tank and some time may take a couple of tries to get a connection. The connection failed message is just that so you should try to reconnect.

There is a guide here which Im guessing you have already read -

http://forum.model-space...amp;m=272187#post272187

Its looking like the unit is defective.

Andy

Aerod
#16 Posted : 10 September 2018 23:09:04

Hi Alan

I have now received the replacement wifi unit and am able to get pictures and control from it. excellent pictures they are too. However I still seem to have a bit of a problem which I suspect is operator induced!

I started installation from scratch and deleted the Radio Tank app. This was reloaded but not opened. . The tank was switched to wifi and switched on resulting in two beeps and white flashing lights I opened my ipad and found the tank 'TANK_T72_bd-35-e4' and this connected. I now opened the Tank app and got the picture and controls - all of which operated as expected.

T switched everything off and then found I could and reloading connect

Going back to the beginning and deleting the tank app and all was well

It seems to me that there must be a switching off sequence that needs to be followed. Have you come across this?

By the way where are any pictures or videos stored?

Regards

Aerod

arpurchase
#17 Posted : 11 September 2018 07:37:47

Hi Aerod

Good news that you got the WIFI up and running as for the app its sometimes down to the device your using to run it.

I have always opened the app and then switched on the tank, press start on the app and stop on the app when finished and found it fine to run that way.

The pictures are stored on files in the app.

Andy