Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
11,11,18 'When the guns stopped' Diorama Options
jase
#21 Posted : 10 January 2019 13:50:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
jase wrote:
ian smith wrote:
Great start look forward to seeing your progress.BigGrin

Hi Ian

The tank is now compleate, decided against the diorama in the end due to other time comitments my model build sharing is now on other forums that are not so dificult to work with

Jase

Most odd, you not had any problems posting into the forum since 2010..

It was much much easier in 2010 before the photbucket fiasco that made us all change how we post.

The truth is posting pictures is really hit and miss you dont know if it has worked or not until the post is live you have to mess about rescaling the pics and at the end of it you have a post with all the pictures at the end of the post so there is no natural flow to the diary. It takes much longer to post in modelspace then any other forum I recently was thretened with having my posts removed because of this issue.

When you consider the effort involved to make a post and then edit and correct it, then account for the fact that people will struggle to see the pictures because of the long standing unresolved issue of pictures not loading along with the amount of intrest it generates you have to ask yourself is it worth it - I have concluded no it is not

I am not saying I wont post again just that I probably wont bother with a diary that is not for a Modelspace product

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#22 Posted : 10 January 2019 15:35:50

Groups:

Jase,

There are numerous third party photo file share sites to replace Photobucket with such as "Flickr", which also gets you around what you say about the flow of photos.

Your experience of it taking you longer to post your work is your experience, it's not everyone's and think you'll find that the majority don't have any issues with time taken.

I've read the recent PM correspondence between yourself and the respective team member regarding your posts of late, containing photo downloads and trying to ascertain why. The PM politely asks you to refrain from constantly creating posts that require photo download - The reason being (as stated to you), is that we've received numerous complaints about having to download photos in such a manner that may contain a virus, which in turn could transfer to someone's computer/device - Within the message content sent to you, there was no threat what so ever of having your posts removed, perhaps you might like to consider an apology to the respective team member for making such accusation. What I see is sound advice to belay fear of virus threat toward members/guests.

The long standing issue of photos not loading properly is unfortunate but generally a page refresh will correct this., its something we have to live with until the systems are changed which is in hand but for various technical reasons has been a long drawn out process. That said, (as with Photobucket) if you use a third party file share site to post your photos into the forum, there seems to be no issue with photos always being visible, which in effect negates your reasoning.

Thanks for your attention.