Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

carls x-wing Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:11:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I got my first month of the x-wing build.So here are some pictures of what you get.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
xwing1.jpg
xwing2.jpg
xwing3.jpg
xwing4.jpg
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:14:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Stage 1 is pretty simple.Attach the 2 pieces of the canopy and build part of the cannon. I dont know if this is the final canopy or not because it is the wrong color.You do need a bit of force to click the 2 parts together.

The paint on the parts is pretty good.Not perfect color between parts, but I think a light blending coat would cover that up and tone down the weathering.

xwing5.jpg
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:19:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A nice beginning.

Mind you - I find it a bit strange to see 'Disney' next to the Star Wars logo...
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:20:52

The laser cannon has a thick piece of flexible clear acrylic which is the fiber optic for the laser effect.There is considerable light leakage from the fiber.I am going to try painting the outside of the fiber to block the leak and I will be making a part that connects the LEd to the fiber.As is the fiber optic just abuts the LED and there is a lot of light leakage around it.The manual says you can paint the interior of the laser cannon black to block out some of the leak and I will be doing that also.I put the laser cannon next to a 1/72 x-wing so you really get a feel for how big this is going to be.

xwing7.jpg
xwing8.jpg
xwing9.jpg
xwing10.jpg
xwing13.jpg
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:26:54

The R2 D2 is pretty nice.It has a LED to light up the lights on the dome.IT too has some light leakage, but I think painting the interior black will probably block most of it.The head is also on a spindle so it can turn from side to side.

NOTE there are 2 very small parts to add to R2s foot detail.Both of these stuck to the packaging when I opened them so be very carefully when you open the packages that you dont accidentally throw these parts away.Here is a pic of R2 and the part.

xwing11.jpg
xwing6.jpg
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:28:32

There are parts to start assembly of the cockpit base too.There are metal parts and these are pretty heavy. They assembled with no problems
xwing12.jpg
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 06 September 2018 15:31:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice start Carl. This is going to be one cool build.Love

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 06 September 2018 16:28:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great to see another X-Wing build up and running Love
Another one for the list when launched in the UK ThumpUp
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 06 September 2018 19:12:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good to see you running with this one Carl.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#10 Posted : 06 September 2018 22:03:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Off to a great start Carl, will be following your progress on this..... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 07 September 2018 07:11:11

BigGrin Nice start and looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#12 Posted : 07 September 2018 10:07:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good to see your build get underway, nice job.

Graeme
tigerace
#13 Posted : 07 September 2018 17:32:48

Great start CarlBigGrin looks an quality kitBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

stwood6
#14 Posted : 07 September 2018 17:57:00

You guys are killing me. I've got 3 models going already, and now I may need to add this one!!!!
Current Builds: R2D2, Millenium Falcon
CaptnBirdseye
#15 Posted : 07 September 2018 18:56:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Go on, you know you want to LOL
Let’s be honest here you won’t be the only one thinking that! It does look a great kit ThumpUp
Spal
#16 Posted : 08 September 2018 00:03:25

Great start CarlBigGrin looks like some great quality parts, look forward to seeing it take shape.

Al