Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Smuggler's Start Options
Ger C
#41 Posted : 19 September 2012 20:12:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope that you have recovered
Smuggler
#42 Posted : 19 September 2012 21:14:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thank you, i'm feeling better.

Doing the decorating revealed i had an artery in my heart that was almost blocked, so went into hospital and they fixed it.

Back to normal BigGrin
I smile because i have NO IDEA whats going on :)
saintsman123
#43 Posted : 19 September 2012 23:59:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

good to hear your ok smuggler, blocked arteries are no problem these days, just as long as they're seen quick enough.
i've got 8 pack for the akagi, and had planned to start once victory was finished, but i've started the x-section, so the akagi will have to wait a bit. looking at andy's and yutaro's builds, i think the longer the wait the better so i can see what's coming up.

Come on you Jimmies
Smuggler
#44 Posted : 27 September 2012 20:40:48

Finally.....finished the main part of the hull ( Thank you arpurchase for all the advice and showing the portholes - more chance to go insane BigGrin )

I sanded the hull, covered it with a thin primer coat, filled in any gaps and sprayed 4-5 thin coats of spray putty, then sanding began ...

Used a lousy camera, putty is smooth, not wrinkled Blushing

2 thin coats of primer next....

Finished with prop pods and stands....

next, i have to fill in gaps on stands, sand and prime. Then its on with the superstructure itself
arpurchase
#45 Posted : 27 September 2012 21:05:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Smuggler
Top work on the hull,she is comming together nicely now and np with the help its what the forums for m8, i just hope that it worked for you and your happy with the results
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Yutaro HONMA
#46 Posted : 28 September 2012 02:08:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi SmugglerLaugh
The hull of your Akagi looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I hope your next sending. LOL
By the way, the shaft holders slightly weighs on my mind. I recommend you to refer to the post #8 of the topic "Look before you leap-advices from our Japanese experience" in the forum of "The Akagi model".
Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Smuggler
#47 Posted : 28 September 2012 14:02:34

hmmmm..........i see what you mean yutaro-san, they dont quite look right.Confused

I might have to redo them, prop shafts will look too far apart and the outside ones look too far up the body.
arpurchase
#48 Posted : 28 September 2012 22:55:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Smuggler
What Yaturo is refereing to is the rear prop holders if you follow the instructions as you have then they are like what yours are,Deag sends 4 metal caps to put on the ends.But this leaves a taper at each end,it should realy not have the taper at the prop end.My solution was to just reverse them so the prop and shaft are in the correct position.Hope this helps iv posted a couple of pics to help aswell
regards
AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P9281139.JPG
P9281142.JPG
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Smuggler
#49 Posted : 29 September 2012 15:02:48

DOHHHHHBlushing

Yutaro HONMA
#50 Posted : 29 September 2012 15:47:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy and Sumuggler!
Thank you for your proper comment, Andy. I wish I could explain much better.Blushing
Smuggler, Andy explained perfectly what I wanted to say. There are several mines in this model.Cursing Be careful!
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Smuggler
#51 Posted : 18 October 2012 19:44:05

i always dive in before looking, must remember not to :)

Anyway, pack 11 opened and woodwork done..

arpurchase
#52 Posted : 18 October 2012 20:17:43

BigGrin Looking good there M8Cool

Smuggler
#53 Posted : 20 October 2012 21:15:55

Thanks for the kind words....my plan for the model is next to build all the elevators ( Including machinery ) then fit them into the hull.

Will post pics during and after the build BigGrin
arpurchase
#54 Posted : 20 October 2012 21:37:04

BigGrin Good luck with the lifts m8,the stern lift parts need a bit of fetlin to get it all to fit but there not too hard after the 1st ones done[takes the longest as you work out where all the gubbins goLOL ]
AndyCool

Smuggler
#55 Posted : 14 December 2012 21:58:09

Long time in coming......But first lift completed. Took me quite a while to work out how to do it ( arpurchase was right about the time BigGrin )
but i got there after many attempts and some choice language.....

As you may notice, i didnt use the thread supplied ( tried it and it didnt look right ), i used 0.2mm jewellers copper wire.

Now i have the knowledge....2 and 3 should be easier...will post when i am finished them.

Finally a wee group shot of all my little pieces i've painted. many more i havent, but will start soon ( BTW all wood hasbeen primed only )

Gandale
#56 Posted : 15 December 2012 00:13:53

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

very nice detailed work there Smuggler, very nice build....BigGrin

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#57 Posted : 15 December 2012 12:28:52

BigGrin Hi Smuggler
very nice work on the lift and yes I agree about the choice words used at timesCursing 2 more to go getting smaller as you goBlink but they are easyer after the 1st one is done. Great work on the parts also I would recommend painting the white inner surfaces of the hangar parts before fitting to the hull as painting after fitting can be a little tricky
regards
AndyCool

Yutaro HONMA
#58 Posted : 15 December 2012 17:05:08

Hi Smuggler!
Your building looks great! I support Andy's opinion. Second and third lifts are easy work for you.
By the way, I do not see any aircrafts in your collections. In Japan, we received the parts of the aircrafts from the early stage of the series. I think it is also fun to make little metal aircraft kits.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Smuggler
#59 Posted : 15 December 2012 19:25:30

Planes are being kept til later, mass production line in mind ( Might drive me mad, but since i'm half way there anyway.....BigGrin )