Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Guy from Alabama Options
Dshoe
#1 Posted : 19 September 2018 04:03:50

Groups: Registered

Well guys I’m new to this site, but not to building models and the like. I’m a 54 yr old guy from Alabama. Been a Machinist all my life, so it comes natural to make parts and assemble what you make, still love it after all these years.
I love building all sorts of things, my current build is a full size R2D2, from which I’ve joined the R2 builders website. That build is on going,
When I saw that the X wing was available I had to jump on it. Just ordered it a couple of days ago. I’ll probably start a build log to show the trials I go thru with my first DeAgostini build.
Most of my builds are from scratch, I’ve got a TOS Captain Kirks command chair that is 98% finished, just waiting for a friend to complete the electronics. That was built totally from scratch but is 100% screen accurate. Some other small builds include a 50’s style retro ray gun, the earth stones from the Fifth Element movie. Just whatever catches my fancy.
Hell I’ve also just finished a steampunk/industrial style wet bar and Dining room table for my house. Spent 10 yrs building a pro-touring 70 Chevelle that I sold just a couple of years ago.
I guess what I’m saying about myself is I don’t think I can have too many projects going on, never have liked having idle hands. Just have too many crazy ideas rambling around in my head!

David
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 19 September 2018 07:17:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum David. You sound like a man with many talents, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy your stay here. I look forward to seeing your X-Wing build soon and maybe some photos of your recent work to.

Regards
Mark
RM1
#3 Posted : 19 September 2018 07:23:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi David. Welcome to this forum. Hope you can put up some pictures of your work.
Malc.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 19 September 2018 08:04:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to the forum David and enjoy your builds.Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#5 Posted : 19 September 2018 09:35:08

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi David and welcome to the forum, great to have you with us.... Quite a selection of selection of scratch builds and many out of the ordinary too. Hope we get a chance to see some of your work, am sure many members would be interested.... Good luck with your new ventures, look forward to hearing from you further down the line.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#6 Posted : 19 September 2018 11:02:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time with us. I would love to see some of your work. If you need any help in posting pictures, take a look at the following link:-

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=244

Graeme
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 19 September 2018 12:17:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum.BigGrin

Good luck with the X-Wing.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Spal
#8 Posted : 19 September 2018 15:20:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum David BigGrin look forward to seeing your build.

Al
Dshoe
#9 Posted : 20 September 2018 11:11:20

Thanks for the welcome Guys. I am so in aw at the talent on this site! I’ll try and get some pics this weekend of my builds, but after seeing the talent on this site I’m really so humbled on the things I’ve done.

arpurchase
#10 Posted : 24 September 2018 00:46:51

Hi dshoe

Try resizing your pic's to 600 x 450 pixels and they should show up as pictures on the forum.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Dshoe
#11 Posted : 24 September 2018 02:29:33

I give up trying to post pics, even after resizing. Oh well on posting my build when I get started!
Markwarren
#12 Posted : 24 September 2018 07:44:33

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

magpie1832
#13 Posted : 24 September 2018 07:44:34

Welcome to modelspace Dshoe. Hope you sort the picture problem. You'll get there. Look forward to seeing your work.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#14 Posted : 24 September 2018 09:20:53

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Dshoe wrote:
I give up trying to post pics, even after resizing. Oh well on posting my build when I get started!

Try making sure your pics are of the correct size and saved as a JPG file, not a JPEG. If you still struggle then get back to me....

Regards

Alan
Dshoe
#15 Posted : 24 September 2018 23:38:57

I’ll get this figured out one way or another, I used to go thru photobucket when I was building the Chevelle and was posting the build on a couple of sites.
Plus issue 1 thru 4 arrived today!!!! Awesome!!
Dshoe
#16 Posted : 25 September 2018 00:59:45

It’s a good day

Tomick
#17 Posted : 25 September 2018 07:20:25

Groups:

Well done on the pic’s Cool
Markwarren
#18 Posted : 25 September 2018 07:24:04

Nice one, I look forward to seeing this come together.Love

Mark
tigerace
#19 Posted : 25 September 2018 08:49:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

welcome to the forumBigGrin hope you like your new kitBigGrin it looks awesomeDrool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!