Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Aerod's Build Options
Aerod
#1 Posted : 03 October 2018 17:59:50

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Attached is a not very good photo of my C57 I found the kit to be excellent with all parts fitting well, Quality good, I will not show a blow by blow account as this has been well covered in other posts but will highlight points where I have had problems. Many have been covered in other builds but I seem to have collected them all!!

The bottom step is very vulnerable and best left to the end. The air hose is also best left to the end. I have noticed that several items are made as separate parts and then glued together before packing. This air hose is one and the sand spreader cocks are also. The glue does not appear to be very strong and they separate easily. A touch of superglue would help.

Make sure that the springs and equalising bars are firmly fastened. It is rather irritating to have to pull things apart when they shake loose - loctite or superglue.

Builders may like to replace the headlamp LED with a brighter one as the one provided is rather dim

I found the spreader tubes rather tricky. This was not helped with a couple of the cocks falling apart I wish I had read thr instructions better!. The tubes need to line up with the slots in the centre running boards.

The cab floor (B)is very thin and is sure to get bent during assembly. A strip of 0.7 brass underneath prevents this - incidently where is all the brass that the advert talks about - most of the plates are alluminium.

I found the silicon tube connecting the motor to the gearbox to be too flexible and twisted itself into knots nefore breaking. I used a solid coupling by drilling out an electric cable connector with a 1/8" drill. I did have problems getting smooth running and ended up making smaller bushes for the coupled wheels

I have difficulty getting the tender wheels free however its a static model!

Reiterating an excellent Kit

Perhaps I should say that I am not a newcomer to model locos having designed, built and published six gauge 1 live steam locos However old father time means that instead of standing before a hot lathe sitting at the kitchen table with a screwdriver is now more appropriate!
File Attachment(s):
C57 de Agostini.jpg (933kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
Aerod
#2 Posted : 03 October 2018 18:09:01

Red Medal: Red Medal

Sorry the picture is upside down!

Aerod
Spal
#3 Posted : 03 October 2018 20:11:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nicely done BigGrin she's a credit to you.

Al
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 03 October 2018 20:22:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Aerod

That`s a great build and a credit to you WTG. Cool Cool Cool

I`ve just checked out your C57 pic and the reason it appears as a download is that it is 4000 pixels wide and the forum can only handle pics that are 650 pixels wide max.

Spinning the pic is easy in picture edit.

For resizing follow the link below from post#2 and it explains what you need to do.

Picture resizing

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#5 Posted : 04 October 2018 00:15:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looks good and nice finishCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

CaptnBirdseye
#6 Posted : 04 October 2018 12:04:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Congratulations on an excellent buildThumpUp
It has turned into one stunning exampleLove
Very encouraging that you find it an excellent kit to build too

Regards Gray
pemberg
#7 Posted : 04 October 2018 14:36:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice build, looks impressive, great job.

Graeme
Markwarren
#8 Posted : 04 October 2018 15:56:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great build, looks stunning.Love

Mark