Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Chamferring Options
Zeptrader
#21 Posted : 11 May 2010 18:46:57

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

karl1113
#22 Posted : 12 May 2010 18:46:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I feel i must defend myself here, i have a load of inexperianced modlers telling me,i'm doing it wrong.I NEVER at anytime said for anyone else to start chamfering their model, I only meant to show what chamfering was, and how it is done.if your asking for advice do so, dont critise the teacher,what is happening here is,people are following from a critic,not the question.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
dedworthdog
#23 Posted : 12 May 2010 18:57:46

I quite agree with you Karl I think that we beginners are getting a bit excited by this project and wanting to walk before we can run. This project is going to take at least two years and techniques will be learnt along the way as we need them
Follow my build to learn how to make firewood

RussG
#24 Posted : 12 May 2010 21:13:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

jonny7england wrote:
When I start construction on my Victory, I shall be inserting balsa wood in between the bow formers to increase the area for bonding the strakes to, does anybody else considering this a worthwhile pursuit? Unsure

Hi Jonny,

I will be doing the same with the bow & the stern, Inserting balsa then fine filler to get the shape right, read about that on the austrailian build who said it makes it a lot easier, link below,

Austrailian Victory Build

we will see!
Happy Building, Russ

On the workbench: My Victory Build Diary - Victory Cross Section Build Diary - Black Pearl Build Diary

Under the Bench: Millenium Falcon, Black Pearl x 2, Coral Victory Cross Section, De Lorean

snowtiger
#25 Posted : 12 May 2010 21:39:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looks like a realy good idea Russ and when it comes to the crunch i might just do that....tho only worrying thing was did you see ALL that String in the model box?LOL LOL
Zeptrader
#26 Posted : 12 May 2010 23:21:02

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Thats a lot of rigging!!!!!

we can only hope the magazine holds our hands with this one. Still it gives me the shivers Crying
magpie1832
#27 Posted : 13 May 2010 00:17:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi, Just a quick note, If you are going to chamfer the front now don't chamfer part 5. I notice Karl has chamfered it on the front, This needs to be square on as you will be putting a cutwiter piece onto it. look at this picture as you can see it is left sqaure on the front.BigGrin

Chris...

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

jase
#28 Posted : 13 May 2010 00:21:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

wow big gulp how much riggingCrying
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
snowtiger
#29 Posted : 13 May 2010 01:17:26

Looks like there will be enough....rigging and webbing to make a spider wet it's self....LOL LOL
Mark
#30 Posted : 13 May 2010 02:17:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Karl,

If you took my post as a criticism, then I apologise. It certainly wasn't meant as such. The pictures you've posted in another thread show some of the wonderful models you've made, and they are very fine models indeed. They show that you method works.

I was merely offering an alternative method that beginners may find easier. There are lots of ways to skin a cat. The only thing that really matters is that you end up with a good model in the end.

Now wait till we get to tapering masts - then there are loads of different methods to debate !

Best wishes
Mark
karl1113
#31 Posted : 13 May 2010 20:36:24

mark the outburst was not you entirely,but others followingon from you,see magpie 'bout tapered masts, there is a string about them,
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/