Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kick Starter Spring :-( Options
Redrider969
#1 Posted : 01 November 2018 19:37:52

Groups: Registered

I just spent several frustrating hours trying to get this spring installed (Pack 14, Stage. 47). Repeated failed attempts to get the spring wound and held in place while assembling the inside resulted in the springs coils no longer stacking on top of each other, effectively increasing the diameter of the part and making further attempts almost impossible. The initial response from Model Space customer service was for "only" $14 plus postage and an indeterminate wait they would send me another spring. After more discussion she agreed to send me the spring free of charge with an indeterminate wait ranging from 2 weeks to months depending on the location of spare parts.

Now that I've dealt with my frustration, I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get the new spring installed without bending it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Dick Grover
St Augustine FL
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 01 November 2018 20:10:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Sorry to hear your having problems with your build. I didnt really have any problems with the spring when fitting although it can be tricky to assemble it is possible to fit.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .