Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
D-Day 1:9 scale Triumph 3HW motorbike from the Divisional Signals, Normandie, France, 1944 Options
arpurchase
#61 Posted : 09 February 2019 08:45:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin All looks good to meCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Ritchie69
#62 Posted : 09 February 2019 10:51:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good Nemesis,

It,s nice to see this being built as I got one for Christmas (I haven’t started it yet). I just hope mine will be as good as yours. ThumpUp

Peter
Completed - R2D2
Nemesis
#63 Posted : 09 February 2019 11:00:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all and thanks for looking in and your comments.BigGrin

Ritchie69 wrote:
Looking good Nemesis,

It,s nice to see this being built as I got one for Christmas (I haven’t started it yet). I just hope mine will be as good as yours. ThumpUp

Peter

Hi Peter, be prepared for some head scratching and modifications as its not the best fitting kit in the world. There is also a ton of clean up as the seams from moulding are quite extensive!BigGrin Cool
Ritchie69
#64 Posted : 09 February 2019 11:07:43

Nemesis wrote:
Hi all and thanks for looking in and your comments.BigGrin

Ritchie69 wrote:
Looking good Nemesis,

Peter

Hi Peter, be prepared for some head scratching and modifications as its not the best fitting kit in the world. There is also a ton of clean up as the seams from moulding are quite extensive!BigGrin Cool

Cheers for the heads up, I will bare that in mind once I start. BigGrin
Completed - R2D2
Nemesis
#65 Posted : 09 February 2019 22:51:33

I will be weathering the exhaust separately to the rest of the bike as it is easier to get all the way around it. First thing is to give it a bit of heat discolouration. BigGrin
Nemesis attached the following image(s):
31.jpg
mwstratton
#66 Posted : 10 February 2019 00:28:00

Solid work Nem. can't wait to see the finished model

Mark
Currently: Soliel Royal, Deag DC-3, DeAg Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500

Prior builds: Mayflower, USS Constitution, Academy 1/800 USS Kitty Hawk, Revell's 1/48 A 10 Warthog

Under the Bench:

On Hold: Revell's 1/48 P 61 Black Widow; AL L'Hermione La Fayette
Nemesis
#67 Posted : 10 February 2019 14:39:48

Thanks for looking in Mark.BigGrin
I have started on the exhaust, it's in a sort of small tutorial and will give you an idea of the different stages I used to get the rusted effect.
You want to start with the darkest colour first and build the lighter colours over the top and lastly a wash to blend it all together.
The first colour was applied with a piece of kitchen scourer lightly dabbing the paint on as you can add more but can't take away without stripping back and starting again. This technique allows you to give the paint a texture, when it is dried you can feel the rough surface. Next i use a stiff brush to apply the colours, and it needs to be a dry brush not wet. Then lightly stab the brush until you get the desired effect, again building up the colours. Make sure each stage has properly dried before moving on to the next one. Lastly I applied a wash to bring it all together, again in light coats, if you get this wrong its a pain to have to start again!. The final weathering will be done on the bike so I can get the overall finish even.Cool
Nemesis attached the following image(s):
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
Markwarren
#68 Posted : 10 February 2019 15:54:35

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking excellent, nice work. Love Drool

Mark
Spal
#69 Posted : 10 February 2019 17:35:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Superb result on the exhaustCool looks well rusted.

Al
Nemesis
#70 Posted : 05 April 2020 14:05:19

I suppose I should really finish this at some point!Blink BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#71 Posted : 05 April 2020 14:55:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Yes my friend, you really should and I for one will be watching if you do! Cool DroolThumpUp

Very realistic exhaust Daran, did you do that or was it shiny originally and gone rusty since your last update?!Flapper Laugh

Just joking mate, that's a cool bike and would like great when finished, but no pressure, Cool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra