Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
F1 2011 on XBOX 360 Options
SennaMentalMe
#1 Posted : 14 September 2011 20:32:47

Groups:

BigGrin Hi all,

Love Yippee, ONLY nine more days to go 'til the release of F1 2011 on the Xbox 360!! Yeah, I know each year is usually similar to the last, but this year it ain't. We get to drive the Indian GP circuit BEFORE the real drivers do, how cool is that?? Plus, we can play with KERS, DRS and race from daylight into dark at the Abu Dhabi GP !! YEEEHAA can't wait. Roll on the 23rd!!! Anybody else got it on pre-order?? Drool

Regards ... Kev.BigGrin
Heinzy
#2 Posted : 15 September 2011 09:03:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Yeah Im looking forward to this too, not on the xbox though, Im a ps3 man Cool

I think the driver career has been changed too for this one, sounds like there's going to be more ways improve your driver off the track!

Quote:
In F1 2011 players will be challenged to ‘Be the driver, live the life, go compete’, with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components

And they've added a new spin to the online experience!

Quote:
The online multiplayer mode will allow two friends to compete for the same driving team over the course of a racing season, meaning they will work together to compete for the constructors' championship, while acting as rivals for the individual title.

It will allow players to experience the unique balance of cooperation and competition that exists among real-life Formula One teammates, while offering a more dynamic and personal experience than racing with an AI partner.

Chief game designer Stephen Hood said: "It's about trying to fight to be the leader of a team. It makes for a completely different experience, playing with a friend."

Haven't reserved it, but I'll certainly be picking it up on release day!

I think they should come up with an F1 Legends, all the F1 champions and thier cars in one place, racing on tracks current and old

How cool would that be!
dave1978
#3 Posted : 15 September 2011 10:57:37

Yeah im getting it on the 360 too, double world champ from F1 2010. I hope they improve a few things especially the tyre simulation option, in 2010 with this turned on made me so slow, massive understeer all the time and just couldnt compete even in the McLaren. I played with everything else on hardest option but the tyre sim just didnt work.

Also Gear of War 3 on Tuesday and i just finished the Warhammer 40k space marine game which was brilliant.
SennaMentalMe
#4 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:00:38

Groups:

BigGrin Hi Heinzy,

The on-line team mate thing sounds like an excellent idea I have to say, just don't take your team mate out!! That will be very interesting, though I'm not too sure about the off track stuff, just want to go racing. Probably have to do some stupid corporate stuff and photo shoots for sponsors, which sounds a bit naff??

Don't know about you but I think it is about time that they included the safety car in the races and maybe even get to drive the circuits as the safety car driver every now and then?? Cool

I think if you check out 'Game' website and pre-order through them (I think if you hurry you can still do that) you will get it at about £10 cheaper than the release price in the shops next week, though they may have changed it now as we are closer to release. Worth a check though??

F1 Legends sounds a great idea and would love to do a complete season on the old circuits in some 60's and 70's cars!!

Regards ... Kev. BigGrin
scotty2hotty
#5 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:01:08

i wonder if you can crash into the safety car?!?!?!?

im a ps3 man too. cannot wait!
SennaMentalMe
#6 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:04:45

Groups:

BigGrin Hi all,

Just waiting for 'Assassin's Creed: Revelations' in November now - second best game on the planet after F1 and completed the previous three!!! Drool

Regards ... Kev.BigGrin
Heinzy
#7 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:23:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I agree with the safety car, felt 2010 fell flat on its face as a true to life simulator when serious accidents we're cleared within a lap, sometimes a yellow flag would appear and disapear by the time you got the that sector!Cursing

Think the cars would have a limiter on them behind the safety car, like in the pits, making it impossible to drive into the back of them!

Also parade, victory and installation laps should be done too, maybe even just an option to have them enabled/disabled

I didnt like the tyre's much either, didnt have the hardest settings, but tried it a few times and couldn't get on with it!

Managed 6 seasons and 5 titles though Cool

Just downloaded assassins creed 3d on my phone, pretty good, never played it on the ps3 though
SennaMentalMe
#8 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:37:51

Groups:

BigGrin Hi Heinzy,

Agree with all your thoughts on the 'F1' game and congrats on becoming a multiple World Champ !! LOL

Regards the 'Assassin's Creed' games, nowhere near as good on the phone, even in 3D. If you want to try it on the console my advice would be best start with the original game first and complete it (just called 'Assassins Creed') then go onto Assassins Creed II, then Assassins Creed' Brotherhood' as they all follow a story through the centuries and each leads onto the other. Wasn't sure when I played the first game (my son got it and raved about it) but if you stick with it it's an absolutely awesome game with a huge following now and you will be hooked!! Give it a try if you haven't - you can get the first one really cheap now on ebay and the graphics and gameplay are absolutely amazing!! If you don't like it, you will have no trouble selling it again on ebay, it is very popular!! Love Drool

Regards ... Kev.BigGrin
dave1978
#9 Posted : 15 September 2011 12:06:52

Each to their own but i have to say the Assassins creed games and i have only played the 1st 2 were the most boring over rated games i have ever played, talk about repetition in games and i know most games are repetitive but these just take repetition to a new level.
SennaMentalMe
#10 Posted : 15 September 2011 12:23:35

Groups:

BigGrin Hi Dave,

I hear what you say and understand why you say it!! Collecting all those flags, etc. along the way is a bit boring if that's not your thing I'll admit but it is only a side element of the game and if you stick to the storyline side of the game and spend your time doing the missions and completing the assassinations, etc, whilst acquiring money to buy weapon/armour upgrades, it is, I think, one of the best games out there and the graphics are pretty good too!!?? Also, it is loosely based on events and people that really happened or existed if you check the history books, so quite educational in a fun way if you are a person who likes history (as I do)??

Each to their own as you rightly say and I respect your opinion as we are all different in what we like or want in a game, no problems with that!! However, besause I like it, I have to speak in defence of the game series and it is as I said VERY popular with thousands of people around the world liking it, so it can't be all that bad can it?? Just a different genre that some people don't enjoy. I am cool with what you say though!!Cool

Regards ... Kev.BigGrin
Austin
#11 Posted : 15 September 2011 18:35:07

Groups:

I'm so sorry to say this but your all wrong, battlefield 3 is gonna be the best game ever. F12010 was ok but a bit disappointing. Hopefully the next game will have improved the many downfalls it has. Plus mw3 is out soon to, which should also be most awesome.Laugh
Also ps3 rules, 360 sucks.
scotty2hotty
#12 Posted : 15 September 2011 18:56:25

hopefully in f1 2011 you dont have to wait for all the traffic in the pitlane to clear before you can be released from your pitbox!!!!
magpie1832
#13 Posted : 15 September 2011 20:11:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I'm an xbox man myself, had a ps3 slim at same time and that over heated( Was on top of a unit). The online servers were also slower as they are free there isn't as much support. But gaming wise they the same really.

F1 2011 will be awesome.. I will be getting it, but the little lad is Mythering for me to pre order mw3. But I said Battlefield 3 will totally own it. COD is soooo boring now.. Same old same old.. I would buy bf3 for the pc but... As usual the recommended stats are way out of my price league..
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Even the miniumum just about get near mine. lol..
Chris..
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Dontshootme
#14 Posted : 15 September 2011 20:39:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

magpie1832 wrote:
I'm an xbox man myself, had a ps3 slim at same time and that over heated( Was on top of a unit). The online servers were also slower as they are free there isn't as much support. But gaming wise they the same really.

F1 2011 will be awesome.. I will be getting it, but the little lad is Mythering for me to pre order mw3. But I said Battlefield 3 will totally own it. COD is soooo boring now.. Same old same old.. I would buy bf3 for the pc but... As usual the recommended stats are way out of my price league..
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Even the miniumum just about get near mine. lol..
Chris..

Now I know why I overspecced my pc last year!!BigGrin I must have had a premonition this was going to happenBlink ...even though it is upgraded & passes those specs if games continue to come out like this I am going to have to upgrade againCrying
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Austin
#15 Posted : 15 September 2011 23:24:24

Groups:

Flapper Your right chris, bf3 is gonna blow mw3 out of the water, not only is it more realistic, you have large maps, jets, helicopters, tanks, jeeps, apc's, quad bikes, artillery. And the icing on the cake, a destructible environment. Mw3 is like paint balling, fun! Bf3 is a war simulator. Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/w...ure=youtube_gdata_player
Heinzy
#16 Posted : 16 September 2011 09:54:29

lol off topic a bit with bf3 and mw3!!
But both great games none the less, I'll only be getting mw3 for the last part to the story, I gave up with online mode ages ago, too many "quick snipe" nerds and trolls for my liking

add me on ps3 though : Heinzy1982 for a race or deathmatch some time!

Kev, there's a guy in my office says exactly the same thing about assasins creed, but I'm going to struggle with time!
What with building the mclaren,catching the rest of this F1 season, F1 2011 career, mw3 campaign, 3 month old baby at home, restoring a sapphire cosworth, WORK and sleep, just dont know where I can fit it in!

Thats why I downloaded it on my phone
Because I, like most blokes, play games while on the *ahem* toilet LOL
dave1978
#17 Posted : 16 September 2011 11:53:20

Yeah also cant wait for BF3, had enough of all the CoD clones, same game over and over again but easier.

Come on chaps be realistic, no fanboys here. For cross platform games the 360 is the clear leader, stable frame rates, higher resolution, less screen tearing etc. I have both consoles and the PS3 beats the 360 but only for its exclusive games, Metal gear 4 & KZ3 quite simply blow the 360 away for overall quality of game.

Dont dispute read the facts http://www.eurogamer.net...undry&type=face-off
Austin
#18 Posted : 16 September 2011 14:12:07

Groups:

I know were going slightly off topic but hey, it's just banter bud. Ok back towards cars a bit, anybody play gt5? now that's a top game. If f1 2011 could emulate the graphics and driving dynamics that gt5 has it would be amazing. The replays are just sublime, and it feels as close to driving as your gonna get.
karl1113
#19 Posted : 16 September 2011 15:13:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

yep austin I have all the gt games and was playing gt3 last night,having difficulty with professional grand finale,only managed silver so far in gt5.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Senna94
#20 Posted : 16 September 2011 16:05:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hey guys,
I have both Xbox and PS3, I used to be a PS3 fanboy until I got the xbox and it is by far better.
But I like them both, Ill be getting F1 2011 on PS3 mainly because the new Fanatec F1 rim is compatible with PS3 and PC, but I dont do PC's. I love my Macs! I work with PC's all the time at work, so its something different at home LOL

Anyone a member of online racing leagues?

Or because obviously we cant have cross platform races, we should have a time trial leader board whereby we have everyones times on a thread, with picture evidence! I do it with some mates, it works good!
Building the McLaren MP4-23