Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

51 Pages 123>»
DaDokta`s Build Options
DaDokta
#1 Posted : 21 September 2011 17:03:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi everybody.
After some help from Son of Bulwark (thanks mate!) and admin i´m finally able to start my diary.
I`m from Austria, so please forgive me, if my english is not perfect.

I´ve built many many paper-models in my life - but this will be my first wood-model. I know, it`s crazy to start with a ship like the victory,but with all the help that is provided in this forum, maybe it`s manageable.

So far i`ve received 43 issues of the abo - so lets give it a go!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
DaDokta
#2 Posted : 21 September 2011 17:13:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

My jig:

DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_1648.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
DaDokta
#3 Posted : 21 September 2011 17:15:08

The bow:
DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_1655.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Son of Bulwark
#4 Posted : 21 September 2011 17:37:28

Groups:

Welcome DaDokta! Cool

I'm happy to see admin sorted your little problem, this might be a complex build but the fact is with the instructions in the partwork magazines, Tomick Official build diary, the other members build diaries and all the help you can get from the forum, you should be able to make a great looking ship.

It has been said many times before take your time and don't rush.

I look forward to seeing your build diary.

Darron
Tomick
#5 Posted : 21 September 2011 18:00:24

Groups:

Good start DaDokta, look forward to seeing your progress, and don't forget there is always lots of help on hand........
Foz
#6 Posted : 21 September 2011 18:32:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum DaDokta.

Hope you have many hours of happy building and i like your tidy workspace.

Regards

Foz
Tiswas
#7 Posted : 21 September 2011 20:20:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Welcome to forum DaDokta. Nice layout, bet it doesn't stay like that for very long Ha!Ha!
Most of us are 1st timers too, so if you get stuck don't be afraid to shout for help. There are plenty only too happy to oblige. Happy building.
TIS
jonny7england
#8 Posted : 21 September 2011 21:06:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi ya DaDokta, welcome aboard mate...You've got a great work area and a good start to your build...keep your build pictures coming, if you run into any probs just ask...
BigGrin
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
kas
#9 Posted : 21 September 2011 22:28:27

Welcome aboard DaDokta, looks like your making a good start to many hours of building, hope you enjoy your build as much as the rest of us and like everyone else has said, help is here in many ways.BigGrin
StefanDV
#10 Posted : 21 September 2011 22:51:17

Hi DaDokta,

Very impressive workspace!Drool Looking forward to following your build dairy.
Gerrit
#11 Posted : 22 September 2011 09:20:15

Welcome aboard May you have just as much fun as all of us with this great build. All the best

Gerrit
DaDokta
#12 Posted : 22 September 2011 09:30:54

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

There is a question, i have had in my mind for a long time now:

How do you get a thread through those very, very tiny holes in these little blocks?? Is there any trick?
I tried it a few times now - but no chance!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
karl1113
#13 Posted : 22 September 2011 10:36:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI,there are several ways to thread those blocks,my favourite one is to drill the hole slightly bigger.and then I use a tiny bit of superglue gel on the ends of the thread,and don't forget to get a head magnifier,
also some use a needle threader,you know the ones that come with a sewing kit.don't forget to snip the thread cleanly,no little whispers of thread at the ends.cut the thread at an angle so that it is slightly pointed.that should do it.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Hans
#14 Posted : 22 September 2011 14:40:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI Dakota, welcome aboard. You are in the right place for the excellent helpful tips and advice. It is just amazing how much one can learn from the fellow builders, particularly from those that are way ahead of you. I for one, spend hours trawling the forum and builds. It helps to overcome obstacles and I learn from their mistakes. Take your time and enjoy.
Happy building.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Hans
#15 Posted : 22 September 2011 14:46:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI Dadokta, welcome aboard. You are in the right place for the excellent helpful tips and advice. It is just amazing how much one can learn from the fellow builders, particularly from those that are way ahead of you. I for one, spend hours trawling the forum and builds. It helps to overcome obstacles and I learn from their mistakes. Take your time and enjoy.
Happy building.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Atholm
#16 Posted : 23 September 2011 15:53:02

Welcome aboard DaDokta

I am one of the first time builders and with the detailed instructions, the official diary from Mr T and all the help you want from other builders I have enjoyed the build at present working on rigging the cannons.

Happy building.

Athol
Tiswas
#17 Posted : 25 September 2011 20:44:44

Nice work DD, at this rate you'll soon be catching up.
TIS
Hans
#18 Posted : 27 September 2011 08:47:54

HI DaDokta. Looking very clean, neat and tidy. Keep up the good work. Watching with interest
Rgds, Hans
Current Build:
benny
#19 Posted : 04 October 2011 19:39:51

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

well done..nothing wrong with that
cheers benny
jonny7england
#20 Posted : 04 October 2011 19:53:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work mate...looking real good...keep the pictures coming...ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...