Gerrit
#21 Posted : 05 October 2011 06:48:55

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looking superb

Gerrit
MWG
#22 Posted : 05 October 2011 09:34:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice clean buildBigGrin Cool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

DaDokta
#23 Posted : 02 December 2011 22:48:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It`s been a long time since my last post. But the fairing of the hull was very tricky (also family and job not allowing much time for the build).
I had to reduce or build up almost every rib at some section - but now i`m happy with the result.

In the meantime i also started the launch and the planking of the gallery supports - i`ll post those pictures in the next days (and hope someone is interested despite the fact that i`m so far behind the most of you!)

DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_1680.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
MWG
#24 Posted : 02 December 2011 23:30:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good StuffBigGrin Cool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

arpurchase
#25 Posted : 03 December 2011 02:21:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi DaDokta
your preperation is excelent im impresed with the time you have taken here to get it right it can save you many headaches in the future of the build as others have found out with certain ribs not seating properly.And remember your not behind anyone your just catching up with the other builders on hereLOL , plus you have the option of perusing all the build diarys on here to see the problems others have encountered on the build and the actions taken to solve them.
regards
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Hans
#26 Posted : 03 December 2011 11:02:42

Hi DaDokta, nice clean build keep going it's looking good and heed the advice of the experts, saves you alot of grief later in the build.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
MWG
#27 Posted : 04 December 2011 23:37:03

Very nice jobBigGrin Cool

Atholm
#28 Posted : 05 December 2011 14:32:12

Things are taking shape. Keep up the good work.

Happy building.

Athol
DaDokta
#29 Posted : 05 December 2011 19:38:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for your nice comments!

This time i need your help,cause i don`t know if i`m doing the paintwork right.

Now my questions:

1. I started with a coat of white primer - then sanding - next coat of white primer - then painting.
I had the feeling, that the primer slightly changed the shade of the yellow ocre.
Do you really need the priming? Or could you just sand the hull and then paint it? Or maybe paint it in the colour you want - then sand it down again - and put on a second coat of paint.
Also i`m afraid that the lots of coats make the structure of the wood unvisible - i wouldn`t like to have it look like a plastic model.

2. Can i leave the hull now as it is - or should i put a coat of varnish on it. And if yes - i`ve got matt varnish, satin matt varnish and flat matt varnish (whatever the difference might be :)) - so which one should i use?

I really would appreciate your advice. Thanks guys.
IMG_2074.JPG
IMG_2084.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2114.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
DaDokta
#30 Posted : 20 December 2011 14:10:54

Any ideas anyone???

Well then i guess i will have to try and error :)
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
MWG
#31 Posted : 20 December 2011 14:21:29

Hi ,I like to use primer, and I think your use of same has achieved a very good result and the yellow colour looks right to me,avery nice build sirBigGrin Cool

DaDokta
#32 Posted : 20 December 2011 14:54:41

Thanks, MWG.

May i ask again if i should put a coat of varnish on the hull (matt or satin-matt?) or leave it as it is?

Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
MWG
#33 Posted : 20 December 2011 15:04:02

Hi, yes a coat of water based matt varnish would seal your work nicelyBigGrin

DaDokta
#34 Posted : 20 December 2011 21:15:39

Thank you very much for your help, MWG.
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
DaDokta
#35 Posted : 28 December 2011 10:39:39

So here`s an update with some pictures of my launch.

I modified it a little bit, cause i wanted it to look more like the one, which is standing in portsmouth.

So now for the planking of the Big one :)
IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
MWG
#36 Posted : 28 December 2011 22:38:01

Spot on!! very nice jobBigGrin

Mike

Foz
#37 Posted : 28 December 2011 23:05:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice looking launch you have there. keep up the good work.

Foz
arpurchase
#38 Posted : 28 December 2011 23:09:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Spot on with the launch
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#39 Posted : 29 December 2011 00:17:45

Very nice launch, well done BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
riff-raff
#40 Posted : 29 December 2011 11:17:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A good solid looking start mate BigGrin
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

Building:HMS Surprisel. Hatchette U96. Soleil Royal.