Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Another race of Hamilton controversy Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 26 September 2011 11:36:15

Groups:

Following yesterdays race, Massa has decribed Hamilton as being mindless and thinking he was 'Superman'.
Whitmarsh has lept to Hamiltons defence saying he'll regret the move and wished he'd backed out, but after the event Lewis drove an imacculate race and shouldn't have had the penalty.

Also, Shumacher has been reprimanded by stewards for his dramatic exit in his attempt to pass Perez.
dave1978
#2 Posted : 26 September 2011 14:20:05

Groups: Registered

Yeah, Lewis needs to take a look at Jenson and how he approaches overtaking and race strategy.
Zeptrader
#3 Posted : 26 September 2011 17:59:14

Groups:

ohh, another Lewis 'dig' thread Flapper
S2ksean
#4 Posted : 26 September 2011 18:01:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I disagree Dave Hamilton is doing fine he is on the limit all the time so he is bound to make mistakes.
CURRENT BUILDS

Mclaren MP4-23
Ford 1/12 Shelby Mustang GT500 2010
HMS Pandora
karl1113
#5 Posted : 26 September 2011 18:29:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

boo zep,don't need to say anything.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Tomick
#6 Posted : 26 September 2011 18:38:56

Groups:

Zeptrader wrote:
ohh, another Lewis 'dig' thread Flapper

Well he does appear to be the centre of controversy an awful lot of late, mind you, so did Shumi in his time and even now LOL
carlos-1975
#7 Posted : 27 September 2011 10:33:59

i like lewis and his driving style its exciting and entertaining imagine if they all drove politley and curtiosly it would be nowhere near as exciting.
its all about winning and you have top push hard to win its just that sometimes it creates a problem.
Heinzy
#8 Posted : 27 September 2011 11:12:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I did hear yesterday that after the race in the press paddock massa tapped lewis on the shoulder to confront him about the move, lewis just said "don't touch me"

lol quality!
dave1978
#9 Posted : 27 September 2011 11:53:55

S2ksean wrote:
I disagree Dave Hamilton is doing fine he is on the limit all the time so he is bound to make mistakes.

I disagree, Jenson is also on the limit but knows when to pull out of a doomed move and try again on the next lap. I also love Lewis and im a big fan of his driving style, its not his aggression or style that im critical of, he can still drive just the same but know when and where to do it. He needs to learn that 100% of moves wont be a success, until then he wont win another world championship.

My point is that he should know when to pull out of an overtake, there is always the next lap or the next corner.

Senna94
#10 Posted : 27 September 2011 13:20:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Heinzy wrote:
I did hear yesterday that after the race in the press paddock massa tapped lewis on the shoulder to confront him about the move, lewis just said "don't touch me"

lol quality!

Have you not seen the video? Haha it's Brilliant! I'll post it when I'm on a computer.

It's hard being a Lewis fan, I like him as much as button. And it's very hard to back him after every week when something happens, althought I think it was a stunning drive through the field. Yes ok he hit Massa, but it wasn't intentional, and it definatly wasn't over aggressive, it's not like he blocked him off going round the lesmos and into ascari making as many moves as you please! He will have lost alot of downforce when he pulled behind Massa to take an entry into the corner and f1 cars need a lot of downforce to slow it down. He locked up and that put him further into the corner than he'd have liked. I'm not saying he was correct and that makes it ok, but it's one of them things, if it had been Perez, or Maldonado or even barrichello, noone would have even cared. But it so happened to Lewis. I wonder if they would have got a drive through?!
That move wasn't anything to do with being over aggressive, it just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I can't believe nothing has been said about MSC thinking he was wild and trying to do it like they do on the discovery channel. In my opinion that was worse. I don't even know where schumi thought he was gonna go cos down the right was a concrete slab!

But o well, like I say I'm not defending him, I'm just putting it how I saw it.

But after that, how good was his drive?

On another note, big round of applause for one Jenson Button for his drive, and one Paul di Resta who in my book should be at McLaren in a few years time. Who knows?
Building the McLaren MP4-23
karl1113
#11 Posted : 27 September 2011 13:32:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

wholeheartily agree sen,I would like to see paul take hams place at maclaren.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Senna94
#12 Posted : 27 September 2011 16:36:38

Heres the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jniJd50XQMU

Im not sue If I want him to take Hamiltons place, I think he has his strengths, after all he is a world champion.

I'd like to watch the next few races and see how he reacts.
Heinzy
#13 Posted : 27 September 2011 17:07:26

lol thats quality!!LOL
Massa's chance has been and gone and he knows it, there's no love loss between these 2, its been like this since 2007

I think Di Resta no.2 at red bull, filling coultards boots, he could use his old helmet!

Kobyashi in a better car would be interesting too, ferrari or a mercedes
He made some amazing moves latter part of last season and earlier this season, just slipped a bit recently
dave1978
#14 Posted : 27 September 2011 17:16:18

Strong in character as Lewis is i can see him getting really disillusioned with the politics and interfering stewards. Im getting a bit fed up with all the penalties, drive through's etc recently and not just for Lewis. Yes i can see why he was punished as through his actions another driver had his race ruined but also Lewis had already been punished on track with the damage to his front wing.

S2ksean
#15 Posted : 27 September 2011 18:27:30

Nice video senna but do u remember this

http://www.youtube.com/w...re=youtube_gdata_player

I watched a couple more cause it's so funny lol
CURRENT BUILDS

Mclaren MP4-23
Ford 1/12 Shelby Mustang GT500 2010
HMS Pandora
willz
#16 Posted : 27 September 2011 20:38:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

kimi`s effort
File Attachment(s):
rear ender.bmp (617kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
go away with it.bmp (697kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
Senna94
#17 Posted : 27 September 2011 22:32:40

S2ksean wrote:

Haha, brilliant!
Heinzy
#18 Posted : 28 September 2011 09:36:49

S2ksean wrote:

LOL I love the way all the ferrari lettering falls off the wall when he head butts it!LOL

I remember watching that race on the edge of my seat the entire time, then on the last lap when he got in front I was going mental!