Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
D-Day Operation "Overlord" Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 27 December 2018 17:32:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,

This will be my "D-Day 75 Competition Entry"

Only have the box artwork at the moment and an idea of a little something to add.(If I can get my head around it, that is)Blink

If the idea doesn`t work then its a straight "Out the Box" build.

More soon when the kit arrives.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
Overlord.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#2 Posted : 27 December 2018 17:51:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Will be watching to see what you do with Derek, good luck with the comp....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 27 December 2018 19:48:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice one Derek, I’m sure it will be fab whatever you choose. Will be watching.BigGrin

Mark
ian smith
#4 Posted : 28 December 2018 15:35:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Look forward to seeing your progress Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 28 December 2018 19:17:13

BigGrin Lots to go on with that kit and good luck in the compCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#6 Posted : 28 December 2018 21:48:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to seeing this comes together. Good luck with the competition.

Graeme
RM1
#7 Posted : 29 December 2018 14:38:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like lots of interesting stuff to do there Derek. Good luck with the competition.
Malc.
Nemesis
#8 Posted : 29 December 2018 15:12:18

Will be a cracking dio, good luck in the comp.BigGrin Cool
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 29 December 2018 15:49:57

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement.Cool

My glimmer of an idea is to not waste the shell craters they have kindly moulded into the diorama base, but accent them with randomly flashing LED`s to simulate exploding shells. That`s the idea anyway. Will just have to see how effective I can get them to look.Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Kev the Modeller
#10 Posted : 29 December 2018 18:33:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

A nice entry Derek should look fab with your simulated explosion flashes. Well done, I wish you good luck with the build and in the competition. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 02 January 2019 21:57:38

Woo Hoo

Message received that my kit is due for delivery tomorrow. Cool

Just hope it doesn`t arrive a different shape or with more parts than it should have.Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

CaptnBirdseye
#12 Posted : 02 January 2019 23:02:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That’s great news Derek ThumpUp
Still waiting for mine Crying
mogwai
#13 Posted : 03 January 2019 21:42:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi hope your kit arrived today,look forward to your build,cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
Markwarren
#14 Posted : 03 January 2019 22:01:57

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hope your kit arrived Derek, just had confirmation mine has been dispatched. From Italy.Crying, just hope they’ve put enough battery power in it to get here.LOL

I also see you’re getting quite a dab hand at the lighting. Will be watching with great interest.

MarkBigGrin
delboy271155
#15 Posted : 03 January 2019 22:27:22

Well all arrived safe and sound.Cool Cool

Mark:

Don`t know about a dab hand at lighting as this is going to be one big experiment.
Think this has potential for 4 - 5 led`s flashing or flickering but I`m investigating how to get them to do it in a random order rather than the same pattern all the time. Looks like I may need one of the programmable circuits to achieve this but still investigating.

Update:Just found this easy circuit. If I take every other led out of this example then the flashes should be further apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7LGheUBbo

Will get some kit pics up soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#16 Posted : 03 January 2019 23:22:47

Very nice Derek, you could almost use them for rapid gunfire as well.

Mark
delboy271155
#17 Posted : 03 January 2019 23:31:34

Markwarren wrote:
Very nice Derek, you could almost use them for rapid gunfire as well.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have yet to check out the diameter of the big guns to see if they will take an led of some sort that I can get near to the end of the barrels or maybe fibre optics.

Oh decisions decisions. LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Gandale
#18 Posted : 04 January 2019 00:20:04

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

This is going to prove to be a challenging build with all the effects you're planning Derek. Will definitely be following with a great deal of interest....Cool Cool

Regards

AlanCool
Tomick
#19 Posted : 04 January 2019 08:46:58

Groups:

delboy271155 wrote:
Well all arrived safe and sound.Cool Cool

Mark:

Don`t know about a dab hand at lighting as this is going to be one big experiment.
Think this has potential for 4 - 5 led`s flashing or flickering but I`m investigating how to get them to do it in a random order rather than the same pattern all the time. Looks like I may need one of the programmable circuits to achieve this but still investigating.

Update:Just found this easy circuit. If I take every other led out of this example then the flashes should be further apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7LGheUBbo

Will get some kit pics up soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
They could end up look like flashing LED’s rather than exploding bombs., perhaps look for something that’s flash slow fade.
delboy271155
#20 Posted : 04 January 2019 20:44:01

[/quote] They could end up look like flashing LED’s rather than exploding bombs., perhaps look for something that’s flash slow fade.
[/quote]

Yep, that`s something I`m working on. As I`m going to be using fewer led`s there will be a time space between the led flashes. With a slight change of circuitry around the leds I`m looking to extend the time the led is on. Time and a few experiments with different value components will tell.

Until then pics of the kit are below:

1 Dio base
2 Coastal defence fort
3 Cromwell tank
4 Sherman tank
5 Bedford truck
6 Willys jeep, trailer and howitzer
7 LCM landing craft
8 Higgins landing craft
9 British troops
10 German troops

Regards