Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
D-Day Operation "Overlord" Options
Markwarren
#21 Posted : 05 January 2019 00:11:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wow, you’ve got your work cut out there Derek. Great kit.

You might want to try the flickering LED,s, different from flashing. I used them in the Podracer dio for the engine. Very effective and could work with what you are doing.

Mark
delboy271155
#22 Posted : 05 January 2019 00:31:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Markwarren wrote:
Wow, you’ve got your work cut out there Derek. Great kit.

You might want to try the flickering LED,s, different from flashing. I used them in the Podracer dio for the engine. Very effective and could work with what you are doing.

Mark

Thanks Mark Cool

I have flickering leds on order and was going to experiment connecting one to two consecutive pulses from the IC outputs to work a flickering led for longer as I will have spare outputs.

The good thing is that I can fit the electrics late in the build so have plenty of time to experiment and I have purchased a breadboard for testing so its a case of plugging components in/out rather than soldering.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#23 Posted : 05 January 2019 08:51:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Great stuff its here and have fun with the buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Kev the Modeller
#24 Posted : 05 January 2019 18:10:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Glad that your items have arrived Derek, looks like quite a well thought out and comprehensive diorama that you have there with a lot of individual kits in one box. Should build into a fab diorama especially with all of the flash/bang electronics that your going to install!

Good luck with the build, looking forward to following your diary. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
delboy271155
#25 Posted : 26 February 2019 22:14:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Now update time for this one and all has not been good news since the last post.

Crying Crying Crying

When I opened the sealed kit originally I made the assumption that everything would be present and correct. Must stop making assumptions. Angry

I have primed the dio base and will put base colours on prior to adding sea colours, real sand and grass. To that end I have purchased basing sand and flock grass (OO gauge railway scenic materials). I have also started the basic construction of the gun emplacement that needed lots of flash removing before the interlocking parts would fit.

It was when I primed the Sherman tank that I noticed a gap on the sprue where a hatch should be. Like I said when I purchased the full kit it was all sealed in its individual bags. Not till I opened the Sherman bag did I realise there was a part missing, so went to ebay and picked up a replacement kit.

As you can see in the last pic I now have a Sherman kit to replace a tiny hatch.

Hey Ho, these things happen. LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

mogwai
#26 Posted : 26 February 2019 23:35:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi coming on well ,look forward to more ,cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
Kev the Modeller
#27 Posted : 03 March 2019 21:58:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Glad you managed to source the missing hatch Derek, though not the cheapest fix, you must have been quite annoyed? Looking forward to seeing the scene unfold as the build progresses. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
arpurchase
#28 Posted : 04 March 2019 06:29:40

BigGrin All looking good and lots of goodys thereCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#29 Posted : 04 March 2019 08:33:32

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice one Derek, glad you got a replacement. You’ve certainly got your work cut out with that scenery.Cool

Mark
tf64
#30 Posted : 04 March 2019 11:31:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good Derek.

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Plymouth57
#31 Posted : 04 March 2019 15:40:46

Good work there Derek!Cool Are the two hatches identical? If you haven't tried it before I can strongly recommend getting a small 'starter kit' of silicone rubber and acrylic resin - for a few pence you could make a mould from the hatch you had and cast a resin one for the one that was missing! Too late now but it saves pounds for the future!BigGrin

Best of luck!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
delboy271155
#32 Posted : 07 March 2019 12:58:02

Many thanks for all the comments and tips, much appreciated.Cool

Update on the scenery:

Have applied the initial colours to the base and added the beach sand.

Also painted the main section of the gun emplacement and added the flock grass around the base.

That`s all for now. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Markwarren
#33 Posted : 08 March 2019 09:04:38

Nice work Derek, coming on very nicely.Drool

Mark
magpie1832
#34 Posted : 09 March 2019 12:25:16

Looking good Derek. Doing a good job on the diorama.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

tf64
#35 Posted : 09 March 2019 18:31:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek,coming along very well, and with the sand effect and waves will look very affect.

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Gandale
#36 Posted : 09 March 2019 23:58:52

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Derek, making very nice progress....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Sticky Wickett
#37 Posted : 13 March 2019 11:27:18

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking really good Derek. The sand and grass make all the difference!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
delboy271155
#38 Posted : 13 March 2019 15:22:30

Thanks to all who looked in and for the nice comments. Cool Cool

Small update on the LCM landing craft while I`m on with fitting the gun emplacement to the dio base and blending them into each other.

The main assembly of the craft went together very well. I then started on the three figures of the crew. One of the crew is stationed inside the cabin area and that`s where some issues arose. The crew member was a perfect fit to the height of the wheel in the cabin, but the windows were above the crewmans head and the side windows were also behind him so he could not actually see through any window. So after a cut and shut job I`ve managed to get the windows in the correct position.

That`s all for now. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg

tf64
#39 Posted : 13 March 2019 15:51:32

Nice bit of work there Derek got round that one ok.

Trev

delboy271155
#40 Posted : 13 March 2019 16:14:48

tf64 wrote:

Nice bit of work there Derek got round that one ok.

Trev

Thanks Trev, BigGrin

Not a hard fix, but me thinks it`s one that should not have been needed.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)