Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Paravanes Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 29 September 2011 00:14:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

During doing reserch on the Akagi iv seen a few pictures of paravanes on varios IJN ships, some of these are painted white whilst others are grey in colour[and have read several arguments/discusions om forums about the corect colour].In the official build there painted grey but the only thing i can think of is that during peace time they were painted white to ease recovery in practice sesions and during wartime grey ,so as not to give an aiming mark to attacking aircraft ect comments thoughts would be apriciated on this.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Dr4gonBones
#2 Posted : 06 February 2012 00:55:51

Hi arp,

Older post but maybe still up for discussion? I would go with grey for the paravanes. To add some depth though, I'm thinking about instead of just leaving them sprayed the same grey as the rest of the hull, how about lightening it with a bit of white mixed in, maybe adding some detail to their carriages aswel.

Also, from pictures I have seen the paravanes themselves have either red or green noses and/or bands on them, to distinguish between port and starboard paravanes. I'll be doing this as well for a touch more detail.

Regards,
DTP
Current Builds:
DeAgostini Akagi
DeAgostini Yamato
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 06 February 2012 10:53:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Thanks 4 the reply i too have seen the port/starbourd colour flashes and will probs do something along these lines also
regards
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .