Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
something in between? Options
hudsonrobert49
#61 Posted : 06 May 2010 08:53:20

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi all I'm having ago this as well, not long to go now though.BigGrin

Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Built Flying Scotsman (Train). Collecting HMS VICTORY
magpie1832
#62 Posted : 06 May 2010 09:07:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi,
Both the lancaster and the Flying scotsman look good. Was going to buy them, I got the first issues of both and was tempted..lol But thought the scotsman was too hard for me... I not good at soldering.. I usually get the first couple issues.. and never carry on.. But Victory is a different story .. I'm looking forward to it...except the milllions of cannons... lolLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

hudsonrobert49
#63 Posted : 06 May 2010 10:06:36

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Had to do allot of scratch building on the Scotsman, cheep nasty parts, LOL
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#64 Posted : 06 May 2010 10:10:08

I like what you have done with the Lancaster, looks hard and fiddly.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

snowtiger
#65 Posted : 06 May 2010 12:25:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The lancaster was /is mostly cut and glue with some painting required as you go....the flying scotsman ....look like a serious piece of model engineering...considering i was crap at metalwork at school. i thought it safer for all concerned to give it a miss LOL ..it's a model too far for me...looks fantastic though...BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
hudsonrobert49
#66 Posted : 06 May 2010 12:41:24

It makes me Cursing Love Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing ESPIILY RIGHT NOW CANT GET THE LINNING ON THE BIOLER, the decals KEEP SNAPING, DAMIT,LOL LOL LOL

Some one gets The Victory from the shop down my street (McColl's) and I don't know who it is they pick em up on Fridays. Bridlington
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

snowtiger
#67 Posted : 06 May 2010 13:38:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

i have noticed that here too....one of the local shops gets 2 copies of the victory and they sell......thats another 2 people who are in the build ...but not on here...shame realy....the more the merrier...BigGrin
To do or even atempt the Flying scotsman you must have the patience of a saint...damn i must be a real sinner...LOL LOL LOL
Capt Stedders
#68 Posted : 06 May 2010 21:12:49

Snowtiger. That Lancaster build must be Huuuge Blink - coming along nicely! I think I'll wait until they do a 1/32nd B-17 though..

The Flying Scotsman is looking good too Rob! (What is it with big models?)

The Seaview, (Yayy!) HMS Surprise AND the Black Pearl too!

Good stuff chaps!

I, however, am undertaking a far more modest 'build' to keep me busy in between HMS Victory installments.. Having had a good clearout of the spare room, (going to be a studio/workshop), I happened upon an Airfix E-boat (S-boat) kit.. (I just fancy painting something) along with doing a sculpt of Harleen Quinzel (Harley Quinn, from the Arkham Asylum video game), I guess I should be busy for a while..

Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.

snowtiger
#69 Posted : 06 May 2010 22:49:47

Capt stedders ...i have just got a disk off e-bay with some realy good plans on it ...there is a very good plan of the h.m.s bountyDrool ....and some other good stuff...like r.c racers...if you need any just call and they are yours.....and that goes for the rest of you guys too...FREE Plans....enjoy...BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Macmedal
#70 Posted : 06 May 2010 22:53:08

Love the look of that Flying Scotsman !!
snowtiger
#71 Posted : 06 May 2010 23:21:28

Rob how long is the Scotsman.?
and how long has it taken to build??
Regardless of the questions .....it's a beautiful looking engine..Drool
hudsonrobert49
#72 Posted : 07 May 2010 07:23:57

Hi all, thank you for all your very kind comments.

The flying Scotsman, is an 0'Gauge loco, Built to run or as a Static model, I'm going for the latter

The engine is 13inches long approx and the tender is 7 1/4 inches long approx, and
4inches x 2 1/2inches, approx.

How many issues...............................yep 125 issues, but only got 6 left.

2 Year's, I need to get my self an hobby.LOL LOL LOL
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

jonny7england
#73 Posted : 07 May 2010 11:41:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice in deed!! What scale is the 4-6-0 Drool
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
hudsonrobert49
#74 Posted : 07 May 2010 13:08:03

jonny7england wrote:
Very nice in deed!! What scale is the 4-6-0 Drool

Hi And thank you, its' a (4-6-2) 1:43 scale

for scale I put a pic of her next to The Victory and The Surprise, not a good pic I know.

Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

mavrickandgoose
#75 Posted : 07 May 2010 23:08:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

just ordered the caldercraft hm schooner pickle. seemed fitting as it carried the news of nelsons death back to the uk, and even more fitting as it landed in Falmouth where i am from.
hudsonrobert49
#76 Posted : 08 May 2010 07:46:44

mavrickandgoose wrote:
just ordered the caldercraft hm schooner pickle. seemed fitting as it carried the news of nelsons death back to the uk, and even more fitting as it landed in Falmouth where i am from.

Good luck with the build, please post pic's, would love to see your build.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

mavrickandgoose
#77 Posted : 08 May 2010 10:02:35

will do, just got to wait for it to arrive this week and then i will start next weekend.
Jamie
#78 Posted : 08 May 2010 10:13:43

I'm soooooo jealous Drool of you lot that have got a inbetweener Bored

All I have got to do inbetween the victory build is go to work Crying LOL

I wish I were a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum,
'Cause how can you be grumpy?
When the sun shines out ya bum!!
ccarlos
#79 Posted : 08 May 2010 10:54:24

well...

i am currently waiting for a couple of things i have ordered to finish my Endeavour LB, some comming from Cornwallmodelboats and some comming from ebay...so i can move on to the next step!

i have also decided to move it up a little bit...and start on RC. I have decided to go for a PT torpedo boat scratch build...you may all be thinking, what a dumb, starting a scratch build with his experience...we got to start somewhere...the good thing is that there are no plans for it, i took some ideas online, and im building my own...and it will be build as i go! no scale for it, but it will be around 1mt long! due to my inexperience, i ordered a fast rc boat, so id see and understand how all the gear is to be fitted, in order to create my own, the plan being and as its not cheap, is to move all the gear from the build rc to the pt im building, so need to plan and change some things as i go so i can acomodate all the gear!

the Pt will be build out of balsa, .5mm thick for the decks and for the bottom and then plan to plank it all with 2 layers...wich in a away will also get me ready for the Victory. just waiting for the plywood and the planks to arrive to do the ribs and go ahead to the next step...

will keep u posted as i go!

cc
on the bench
Endeavour Long Boat - awaiting paint delivery and some power tools to hit the next stage.
HMS Victory - Same situation has everyone else, grumpy till the next issue gets delivered!

Carlos Carlos
mavrickandgoose
#80 Posted : 08 May 2010 10:59:02

Ccarlos, dont hold back mate!!! dive straight in!!! look forwards to seeing some photos of the torp boat!!