Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Oledad is almost back. Options
oledad
#1 Posted : 26 January 2019 05:02:55

Groups: Registered

Well hello again fellowsLaugh. The Oledad is almost back. 2017 & 18 were not good. Feb 2017 fell and broke both bones in right leg and one in left ankle. Laid up thru Sept of that year. Then in March 2018 stubbed my right big toe. Nail got black-fell off toe got infected and later gangrene set in and had to have toe cut off about 1/3. After surgery wound got infected again, walked around with IV tubes for antibodies and then walked round with a wound vac. Have to stay off my foot. All medical equip. now off and hopefully in about three weeks it will be over. Needless to say my venture to my workshop and ships was not going to happen. But cabin fever has set in and I am back on the web and checked out my favorites and there was SpacmeOdel. Got my mojo flowing again and rather than trying to tackle the full Vic I am going with Cross Section to get back in the groove. I have read the build Dairy and watched the video and pretty excited. Again how do I post photos to the forum? Can I download pics from my IPhone?. Not Itech savy but will try (with help from my Teen Niece). Good to be back and thanks to everyone responding to my post and excuse delay
Oledad
Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 26 January 2019 10:58:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Glad you are very nearly back to full health and looking forward to seeing your build Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#3 Posted : 26 January 2019 11:26:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Oledad, great to see you back on the forum and to know you are now well on the mend following your accident, look forward to seeing your build of the X-Section. Good luck with the build.

As for the posting of pics, first thing I would direct you too is this guide, it will remind you how the uploading of pics works.

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=244

With using an iPhone, you'll need to ensure the format of the pics is JPG and not JPEG and the file size should be no larger that 150kb. This may mean you will need to find an image resizing app for this. The other way is to transfer your images from your iPhone onto a laptop, or dropbox and upload from there. If you encounter image uploading problems then let me know and I'll help you along...

Regards

Alan
CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 26 January 2019 11:30:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

My, you have been through the wars. Glad to see you’re on the mend now, and hopefully we will see you progress with the Vic Cross-section.

Good luck.
Regards Gray
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 26 January 2019 12:59:24

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Glad to here you back on your feet again. The cross section Vic looks an excellent kit. Looking forward to seeing some pictures soon.

Mark
Spal
#6 Posted : 26 January 2019 17:24:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Glad to have you back with us on the forumBigGrin enjoy the build it's a great kit.

Al
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 27 January 2019 08:48:24

BigGrin Good to see you back on your feet and will look forward to watching your build progressCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

oledad
#8 Posted : 30 January 2019 05:40:12

Thanks to everyone for your welcome and well wishes. Well I have changed my mind on the cross section Vic and going with the new Model Space kit of Virginia Sloop. I had build Model Shipways Va Sloop and found it very fragile and cheap so hoping MS's will be better. With your photo tips I will attempt a build diary for this new venture. Order kit Sunday so hopefully it will be here 1st of Feb.
Thanks again to all. Trying to keep warm here in the Mts of Virginia has this Polar Express is moving in.
Oledad