Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Virginia Sloop Options
oledad
#1 Posted : 28 January 2019 02:31:34

Groups: Registered

Has anyone tried this NEW Model Space Kit. I previously built this model from Model Expo. Not a very good kit to build as materials were not quality good. I would imagine Model Space's kit would be much better as looking at the pictures the actual frame parts look more sturdier and I would think the building instructions along with photos would make building easier and better. If no one has started on the Virginia maybe Admin can comment aa little to keep my mojo going for going with this new kit
Oledad
Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 28 January 2019 07:13:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Olidad I have built the Virginia and it's a lovely kit and not to difficult to build the instructions need to be studied carefully as with all kits Cool . Looking forward to seeing your build
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
oledad
#3 Posted : 30 January 2019 02:08:44

Thank you. Is the Model Space kit and instruction as its other kits? I.E. in stages and color and booklet type or like kits from Model Expo, Ages of Sail, etc
where you et everything in one big box. I ordered on a monthly basis in case I did not like it.
Oledad
mogwai
#4 Posted : 30 January 2019 12:06:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi oledad ,I have 3/4 built this kit ,its nice kit to do ,you get full size color plan sheet with first lot of parts,and the instructions are in 4 parts download from the build part of where she is in ships ,just click on ships at the top of the page,then click on Virginia,scroll down to the build,click on this,you will then see the 4 lots of instructions ready to download,just click on each one to download them ,you can do this anytime as they are all there now.cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
oledad
#5 Posted : 31 January 2019 06:18:43

Thanks Mogwai. When I click on download nothing happens. Do I have to wait until I actually receive the kit before I can download instructions? Or is there another web page that the instructions give you? Just sort of anxious to see more details of build.Huh Oledad
Gandale
#6 Posted : 31 January 2019 09:34:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

oledad wrote:
Thanks Mogwai. When I click on download nothing happens. Do I have to wait until I actually receive the kit before I can download instructions? Or is there another web page that the instructions give you? Just sort of anxious to see more details of build.Huh Oledad

You could try this link, click on the Build Tab....

https://www.model-space....-virginia-schooner.html

Regards

Alan
mogwai
#7 Posted : 31 January 2019 12:24:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi oledad they won't appear from the the model space site,there just downloaded,you need to go to where your PC or device stores downloads,and open them up from there.no need to wait as there all there to read now,hope this helps ,cheers mick.Blink
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
oledad
#8 Posted : 31 January 2019 23:53:21

BigGrin Finally got what I wanted as to the download. Alan gave a direct link. So I am downloading instructions now and will read up on the build while waiting for the kit. Not much else to do in this Polar Expess Freeze. 1 degree here and tonight supposed to go down to -5. Too cold for these old bones to go to my shop. Thanks to everyone for their help and I will attempt to a build diary for V Sloop
Oledad
oledad
#9 Posted : 03 February 2019 00:40:26

Mellow Can anyone recommend paint for the Va sloop, i.e varnish and water based acrylic. Also what is the best PVA and CA glue to use. I have been using Titebond and Zap>. Thanks
Oledad