Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

British Indy car Driver Dies.R.I.P Dan Wheldon Options
magpie1832
#1 Posted : 17 October 2011 08:59:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tragic crash killing British driver Dan Wheldon RIP.

http://www.dailymail.co....car-pile-Las-Vegas.html
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Tomick
#2 Posted : 17 October 2011 09:34:35

Groups:

A very sad loss indeed!

Seem's he was lured into this race by the championship's organisers putting a special $5million prize – mainly as a publicity stunt – that Wheldon would win if he started last and finished first.

Indy 300 has been in decline for sometime, the publicity stunt was put in place to draw in the crowds and drivers.

He's not so well known in the UK, but was huge in the USA and had only recently had signed a contract to come back to the 500 next season.

Thoughts and prayers are with Dan and his very young family who were in attendance.

Blackspear
#3 Posted : 17 October 2011 14:04:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

A truely tragic loss to the world of motor sport. A legend in Indy Car racing. Our thoughts are with his family and friends in this difficult time.
Tomick
#4 Posted : 17 October 2011 14:14:43

Groups:

Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button have led the tributes.

Hamilton said: "This is an extremely sad day. Dan was a racer I'd followed throughout my career, as I often followed in his footsteps as we climbed the motorsport ladder in the UK.
He was an extremely talented driver. As a British guy, who not only went over to the States but who twice won the Indy 500, he was an inspirational guy, and someone that every racing driver looked up to with respect and admiration.
This is a tragic loss at such a young age. My heart goes out to his family and friends during this extremely difficult time."

Jenson Button paid tribute on Twitter, he wrote: "Just woken up to the most horrific news.. Dan Wheldon RIP...
I have so many good memories of racing with Dan in the early 90's, a true fighter. We've lost a legend in our sport but also a great guy.
I can't begin to imagine what his family are going through and my thoughts are with them at this very difficult time."

SennaMentalMe
#5 Posted : 17 October 2011 16:09:55

Groups:

Sad A very sad loss indeed and my condolences to his family and friends. Even more tragic that his young family were there to witness the death of their father, what a terrible thing to witness. Very sad indeed and may he rest in peace. Sad

Regards ... Kev. Crying