Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Build the Terminator T800 Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 20 February 2019 16:43:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

New partwork released today, Hachette's 'Build the Terminator'
1:2 scale, which is 95cms tall and complete in 120 issues. Even plays the soundtrack through the base!

https://www.buildtheterm...i_action=1550682323.161

World of Wayne intro here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzYNL_nNYSs

World of Wayne has a first issue build video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqnjsbAy7BI

Looks quite cool Love
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 20 February 2019 19:10:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like a Doctors Surgery Skeleton with that Rod up his back and I bet the finish goes from shiny to grey in a few months. Not one for me im afraid.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

nightwisher
#3 Posted : 20 February 2019 21:55:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Over a £1000 and can't stand up under it's own weight , I don't think so Glare
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Gandale
#4 Posted : 21 February 2019 00:16:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nope, think I'll hang onto my money.... Much better things to spend it on than this....Blink Blink Blink

Regards

Alan
CaptnBirdseye
#5 Posted : 21 February 2019 11:09:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I guess it's not for everyone, but there's obviously a market out there for it.
I'm sure Hachette's trial run was a success, otherwise they wouldn't have put it on general release.

Just my thoughts
Regards
Gray
Gandale
#6 Posted : 21 February 2019 11:16:17

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Each to their own I suppose. Whether its a success or not only time will tell...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 21 February 2019 17:42:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I have seen comment today saying the skulls teeth would be more suited to a horse and seen a picture where the light has reflected off of the chrome type surface and it looks awful. Certainly not really smooth before the artificial chrome is put on. Confused Confused Confused

I`ll pass on this one for sure.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Nemesis
#8 Posted : 21 February 2019 17:48:37

Those Teeth!!LOL LOL Not for me, it looks toy like, seriously needs weathering and did I mention those Teeth!!LOL LOL LOL
darbyvet
#9 Posted : 21 February 2019 19:19:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

They cheaped out on the jaws for sure.The original has realistic looking teeth implanted into the steel jaw.These look like they are screwed in behind the jaw and they look like chiclets instead of real teeth.You would need to redo the jaws and make sockets and more realistic teeth that fit into the sockets.The head is the focal point of the model and these make him look like a TV game show host instead of a terror inducing android.

Carl

Markwarren
#10 Posted : 21 February 2019 19:48:28

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Those teeth, looks like they got them from one of those joke shopsLOL At the very least they should have make them so they were put in individually, especially at that size. As Carl said, it will be the focal point.

Don’t think they screw in, think you get a jar of denture fixative.LOL LOL
CaptnBirdseye
#11 Posted : 07 March 2019 10:52:05

Markwarren wrote:
Those teeth, looks like they got them from one of those joke shopsLOL At the very least they should have make them so they were put in individually, especially at that size. As Carl said, it will be the focal point.

Don’t think they screw in, think you get a jar of denture fixative.LOL LOL

Seems that someone has addressed the 'teeth' issue here, Mark BigGrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GylxqD2KMQc

Narayan
#12 Posted : 16 March 2019 23:25:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Teeth aside I like it. Never subscribed to Hachette before. The Routemaster interested me but they made a awful job with those rivets all over it.

Graham
I was drowning my sorrows. But my sorrows they'd learned to swim.

Starbase101
#13 Posted : 09 July 2020 15:18:50

Hmm, I was interested in this kit, until I saw the scale. WAY too large for my home. A more-practical scale would have more appeal for me.