Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages <1234>»
Hachette 1:200 Battleship Bismarck re-release Options
darbyvet
#21 Posted : 26 February 2019 20:09:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

There are detail sets for the Trumpeter Bismark.I wonder if they would fit this kit?

Carl

arpurchase
#22 Posted : 26 February 2019 20:24:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Grey

There was no Amati model version of the Bismarck but Amati did make the partwork for Hachett and we had a few for sale on here but they sold out very quickly.

I have the trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck kit in my stash with the MK1 upgrade kit and the Pontos mark 2 set makes me want to start building it with the release of this kit.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

CaptnBirdseye
#23 Posted : 26 February 2019 20:35:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
Hi Grey

There was no Amati model version of the Bismarck but Amati did make the partwork for Hachett and we had a few for sale on here but they sold out very quickly.

I have the trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck kit in my stash with the MK1 upgrade kit and the Pontos mark 2 set makes me want to start building it with the release of this kit.

Andy

Hi Andy
I did wonder why i could never find it on the Amati website, but everyone kept saying it was the most authentic Confused

Would love to see what you do with the Trumpy Drool especially with the upgrades!
Go on, you know you want to BigGrin

Carl, i'm not sure if they would fit, even with minor fettling. Having said that, apart from plastic deck, there does seem to be metal parts for the superstructure (like gun barrels and railings). Like Mick with his build, might be worth while seeing how it progresses before looking down the upgrade route.

Regards
Gray
CaptnBirdseye
#24 Posted : 26 February 2019 20:58:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Issue 2:

The Foremost 38cm Gun Turret
Pack contents: Revolving Turret Housing, Turret Base Plate, Barrel Connector, Upper Motor Mounting, 2x Ventilators, Base Plate Cradle, Clutch Shaft, Lower Motor Mounting, Ring, 2x Gun Barrels, Tension Spring, Electric Motor, 2x Ladders, Screws.

The two ventilators and ladders are attached to the sides of the turret. You can use glue, but my ladders fit without. Next, the two metal gun barrels are glued to the barrel connector, making sure they are parallel. No glue is used from here on in. Push the clutch shaft through the ring, seating the cam into the rear of the connector, and attach to the cradle making sure that the clutch shaft is central to the hole in the base plate. Attach the motor mounting to the base plate with screws.

TIP: If you don't have magnetic screwdrivers, just magnetise them using any handy magnet.

Fit the motor into the mount with wires to the top (which when mounted will actually be the bottom). Attach the lower motor mount. The gun barrel assembly sits inside the revolving housing with the two pins sitting into the two semi-circular recesses. taking the base plate, feed the motor cable through the large opening and secure with the screws provided. It should leave a spare screw for later use, if needed.

This completes Issue 2.

CaptnBirdseye attached the following image(s):
IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
arpurchase
#25 Posted : 26 February 2019 21:12:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Pontos and MK1 did upgrade sets for the trumpeter kit with full sets of barrels in both. You will probably find that these may be the only source available right now for the correct scale brass guns.

There were a few barrell only sets out there but they got snapped up very quickly but you could try searching for them and get lucky on a setCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

CaptnBirdseye
#26 Posted : 26 February 2019 21:44:28

Thanks Andy. Will see what comes with the kit, but it’s good to know there’s bits out there that I can upgrade if I want too, but like you say they seem to be few and far between. Found these, not sure if they would fit, but correct scale:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i...2601:g:tUEAAOSw65FbbWE0

Cheers Gray
ian smith
#27 Posted : 26 February 2019 22:14:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gray.
Look forward to seeing this one come together. looking good so far Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
CaptnBirdseye
#28 Posted : 27 February 2019 08:52:59

BigGrin Hi Ian, thanks for looking in and your comments. Always appreciated.ThumpUp
Markwarren
#29 Posted : 27 February 2019 09:04:07

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming together nicely Gray.ThumpUp

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#30 Posted : 27 February 2019 10:16:22

BigGrin Hi Mark, thanks for looking in ThumpUp

Ok, so i thought i would put down my first impressions, having received and built up the first two issues.
The kit comes well packaged - probably a bit too well protected with the plastic containers! The very small parts, like the capstans, are easily lost if you are vigorous with your unpacking BigGrin

The parts themselves, both metal and plastic on sprues, need little or no cleaning up. The construction went together suprisingly easy.

The instructions are well laid out in the magazine, easy to follow, with the build text next to full colour images. The history of the ship is also very interesting and informative.

So, all-in-all, i am quite pleased with the build so far. I hope you are enjoying the build too ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
DaDokta
#31 Posted : 27 February 2019 11:04:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I will follow this with great interest - as i am considering a subscription!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
CaptnBirdseye
#32 Posted : 27 February 2019 11:35:29

BigGrin Thanks Walter, i KNOW you'll make a good job of it ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
tigerace
#33 Posted : 27 February 2019 13:41:02

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Hi Phil, thanks for looking in. Which one did you build, Hachette or Amati?

Cheers
Gray

the one i built was the Hachette one BigGrin here`s some picsDrool regards PhilCool
tigerace attached the following image(s):
100_2623 (640x480).jpg
100_2624 (640x480).jpg
100_2625 (640x480).jpg
100_2628 (640x480).jpg
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#34 Posted : 27 February 2019 13:46:32

Love Looks good Phil, thanks for sharing ThumpUp I see you've given it pride of place BigGrin
CaptnBirdseye
#35 Posted : 27 February 2019 21:34:58

BigGrin Can’t believe the movie on Film 4 tonight - Sink the Bismarck! How spooky is thatOhMyGod
CaptnBirdseye
#36 Posted : 28 March 2019 15:45:47

BigGrin Issues 3, 4, 5 & 6 have finally arrived Woot Woot Woot

Seems like i have got Bismark bits coming out my ears LOL BigGrin LOL
tigerace
#37 Posted : 28 March 2019 23:21:55

Great stuff don`t get all these parts mixed up grayLOL LOL regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#38 Posted : 02 April 2019 21:37:36

Issue 3:

On-board Aircraft Ardo AR 196
Pack contents: Bow section of the hull, Front strut, Rear strut, 2x Side Struts, Upper fuselage, Lower fuselage, Wings, Engine, Propeller, R-H float, L-H Float, Control lever, Pilot Seat, Machine gun, Propeller shaft, Cockpit canopy, Catapult Launch carriage, Screws.

Firstly, fit the bow section of the hull from issue 1 to the lower part of the hull with 2 of the screws provided, and set aside.

The upper and lower parts of the fuselage are glued then together. Insert the propeller shaft into the rear of the engine and attach the prop shaft with a dab of glue, making sure it will still rotate. Fix the engine to the fuselage.

Next, the control lever, pilot's seat and machine gun are glued in place. WARNING: these bits are very small - beware the 'carpet monster'! Apply glue to the two studs at the bottom of the canopy and fix in place. Attach the wings in a similar fashion.

The float assembly can be a little tricky. You need to make sure the struts are facing the correct way. Insert in place but do not glue! Apply glue to the two feet on the rear strut and fix in place. Do the same with the front strut, making sure the studs face forwards. Apply glue to the mounting points on the underside of the plane and attach. The catapult launch carriage is mounted in the three remaining holes underneath.

This completes Issue 3 .

CaptnBirdseye attached the following image(s):
IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
Markwarren
#39 Posted : 03 April 2019 07:45:02

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking good Phil, nice work.

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#40 Posted : 03 April 2019 09:36:44

BigGrin Thanks Mark, she’s easier going than my other one ThumpUp